Universal Vs. Disney

Lynx04

jaredliu said:
Spiderman is the most expensive ride in the U Studio history which costs over 100 million dollars to develop the whole technology. But I am not sure if it's the most expensive ride ever built. I remebered when Indy Adventrue came out in 95, Disney said this WAS the most expensive ride (100 millions) ever built (because of the ride system is so complicated). But right now I would bet on Mission Space or Test Track (it cost so much because the repair fee), and Tokyo is currently building the most expensive Tower of Terror of the three. (which is around 150 million dollars) Expedition Everest is reported over 100 millions as well so there's plenty of indications that show Disney does out-spend Universal Studio. The next potential E-Ticket of Disney potentially coming out in 2007/2008 will be DCA's "Incredibles" ride(based on pixar animation film) which they develope the kind of riding techology called "Robocoaster" for ten years. I heard some say it is going to built in about 150 millions.

Disney does open their pockets more then Universal, I don't know if GE will open their pocket more then Vivenidi (sp). I guess they are going to wait to see if they want to keep the parks.

I heard the biggest problem with the robocoaster is the low ride cap. I think their is major potental with it though and would love to see it put in action. I remember reading about an attraction that Vekoma is working on that rides along the outer part of the show building moving up and down a shaft to different show scenes that looks cool.

Brooke

Why did this suddenly turn into a debate about which rides are more expensive? I could care less about how much the rides cost to make.

I think the problem with this whole discussion is that no one can win it because it is all based on personal opinions. My five year old cousin thinks that Dumbo is the best attraction ever and could care less how much Test Track or Spider-Man cost to build!

jesserin

Well said Brooke! My favorite is Peter Pan - I'm pretty close to positive that wasn't the most expensive ride in WDW... :D

i am curious to see how much further this goes on though... personal opinions stated and all...

moink

Original Poster
The post was ment to share expierances and thoughts about the two... not neccesarliy (sp) start arguments about the subject. We have established that both are good parks and are fun to visit. Now lets just share things that we like about both rather than a competition.:)

AndyMagic

moink said:
the only reason they came to florida is because they saw how well disney did. And still there is no excuse... why are you even on a Disney message board.. you obviously like Universal better. Just go away your getting everybody ed, especially me...

so do you think that universal will one day beat Disney's attendance?

You are COMPLETELY out of line. I'm on a Disney board because I am obsessed with Disney! I go to Disney twice a year and spend 5 days at Disney and 2 at Universal. I currently still like Disney more than Universal. HOWEVER, I love Universal as well. Is this not allowed? The reason I always stick up for Universal is because most people bash it for no reason. All I did was point out some facts in a thread that you titled, "Disney VS. Universal" and then you say I am, "ing you off?" That is just foolishness. As for this whole discussion. It is pointless because with the exception of a few people on this board, everyone is either uninformed or biased. i.e. "Mission: SPACE cost 250 million dollars." First of all, that is clearly false. Second of all, if it were true, how is that a GOOD thing? If Disney really did spend 250 million dollars on M:S then they WASTED about 150 million dollars because it certainly is not worth all that money. How much things cost mean nothing anyway. Test Track apparently cost more than Spider-Man but that means little to me because I find Test Track to be the biggest waste of time in the parks and I think Spider-Man is one of the best rides in history.

moink

Original Poster
hey listen i am sorry if you got offended however you came in and you saw the title and read my thread... It shouldnt matter what I named the thread... You are right I was out of line to say that and i'm sorry... you are entitled to your opinion. I was not happy when I recieved a private message that day from a guy saying some pretty nasty things about disney and I got a little heated... no hard feelings eh?:eek:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
coasterphil said:
Animal Kingdom is basically Busch Gardens, only with heavy theming instead of world class coasters.

Dont forget top notch shows (Festival of the Lion King) and a soon to be world class attraction Expedition Everest.

Brooke

Um, Old Town is like fifty times better than both Universal AND Disney. Everyone should just skip their trips to Disney and go there!

Thunder5921

Well, I'm not bashing Universal or Disney. I love them both. The only problem I have is the price of admission. My hubby and I came to Florida in Feb 04' so we bought 5 day hopper. We decided to see Universal this time, too. While we were in line my hubby heard on their speaker about Annual Passes. So we checked on it. WOW what a deal. We both have the Annual Pass (Power Pass) w/ no Parking included, No Discounts, & Blackout dates apply for $110 (around that price) a person. Which means it's good until Feb 05'. You can get Annual Pass w/ parking, discounts, & no blackout dates for a little more. But we thought about it then didn't think we would need it. Well, we used it 4 times - Feb04', 6 times - Nov/Dec04', & 2 times - Feb 05' (2 days before it expired). All we had to do it pay for parking. NOT BAD!!!! WHAT A BIG SAVINGS!! So next time we are going to get the other plan cause we know we will use it alot. I'll still go to Disney but not a offen. I have fun in Universal. I just love the Men in Black ride. My hubby and I were able to just walk right on by going in the single rider line. LOL :sohappy:

I seen about someone asking about Busch Gardens. We didn't care for it. It really sucks. Also, if anyone is planning on making a trip to Silver Springs (www.silversprings.com) - don't waste your time. It really suck, too. The only thing that we like was the glass bottom boat ride. Which we are planning to go down to Key Largo Area to do it for the salt water.

tigger248

hakunamatata said:
I just feel like I need to interject that Busch Gardens is a really neet park too.... :lookaroun

I had a horrible time at Busch Gardens, but maybe that's just my experience. I don't plan on ever going back, though (at least not to the Tampa one, I heard Williamsburg is better). I couldn't even enjoy the free beer (I was only 19 when I went).

To me, AK is better.

Michael72688

OK, UO and WDW are two completely different places! I think one day each of the parks with move up in the attendance numbers but it is going to take time, like it was said earlier Magic Kingdom is been open for over 30 years, Universal Studios Florida will be celebrating its 15th anniversary this summer and Islands of Adventure is only 5. Give them time, they are still growing. Now I really love thrill rides so I love Islands of Adventure but I also love going to Disney so I think most people enjoy both, sadly I only get free tickets to Universal and not Disney, cause I would go, I'm just not made of money. As for attractions I think universal is starting to come up with some interesting concepts, Revenge of the Mummy being the first and now Fear Factor Live, these are different but enjoyable (I'm just guessing FFL will be cool) Give them time here also and who knows what we could see. Now sadly they cant grow to the size of Disney but they can be at par with quality or better! There is my 2 cents

Indy95

Sorry to beat a dead horse...but the most "official" count of Mission: Space's total was $120 million. Make of that what you will.

AndyMagic said:
Test Track apparently cost more than Spider-Man but that means little to me because I find Test Track to be the biggest waste of time in the parks and I think Spider-Man is one of the best rides in history.
Of course, that's just your opinion. Besides SSE, Test Track is the most popular attraction at Epcot, so lots of people don't think that it's a "waste of time."

Indy95

jesserin said:
Anybody ever been to Cedar Point? When it comes to thrills they bring new meaning to the word... :D
Don't start this again...please. I beg you. We've had two "Cedar Point" threads closed within the past few months. (And don't get me started on how much I dislike CP)

bigbadwolf

I really think Disney is better... It is not just because I am a fan. I can enjoy Universal, but their rides aren't as good in quality as Disney's are. Universal did get the idea for the Mummy coaster from Disney's Rockin roller coaster, it is quite obvious. All in all Disney offers more, from resorts to just things to do. Which brings up originalty, Disney is very original and Unverisal has thier own share of it, but Disney has more then them. Either way I like both, no reasonto say which is better. I just enjoy WDW more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom