Universal Vs. Disney

imagineer boy

If you do a seach on the forum, you may find many threads that will tell you about it, but they'll all probably be closed due to arguements.

Legacy

imagineer boy said:
If you do a seach on the forum, you may find many threads that will tell you about it, but they'll all probably be closed due to arguements.
Just let her Google it. That'll be easier.

tigger248

moink said:
the only reason they came to florida is because they saw how well disney did. And still there is no excuse... why are you even on a Disney message board.. you obviously like Universal better. Just go away your getting everybody ed, especially me...

so do you think that universal will one day beat Disney's attendance?

What happened to your original statement that everyone has their own opinions? This post makes it look like the only opinions you like are those that match yours. :rolleyes:

jaredliu

I belive ( with reliable source) that all the attractions designers are equally talented in both disney and universal stuio. However, Imagineers have more space to utilize their creativities in that Disney has WAY MORE money than U Olrando can spend. From that you can tell which park is earning more money (I am not saying which park is better). I think with the same money, U Orlando could do something way more mind-blowing than right now. You can just tell that sometimes the attractions at U studio have some brilliant ideas but somehow limiting by the budget they've been offered. Unless James Cameron, Steven Sperbiug (which produce T2 3D, Spiderman) are trying to make something in the park, ususally the attraction is built cheaper than the Disney's. ( Mummy is built 40 millions, and Mission Space, Expedition Eeverst are built more than 100 millions, for example.)

Lynx04

jaredliu said:
I belive ( with reliable source) that all the attractions designers are equally talented in both disney and universal stuio. However, Imagineers have more space to utilize their creativities in that Disney has WAY MORE money than U Olrando can spend. From that you can tell which park is earning more money (I am not saying which park is better). I think with the same money, U Orlando could do something way more mind-blowing than right now. You can just tell that sometimes the attractions at U studio have some brilliant ideas but somehow limiting by the budget they've been offered. Unless James Cameron, Steven Sperbiug (which produce T2 3D, Spiderman) are trying to make something in the park, ususally the attraction is built cheaper than the Disney's. ( Mummy is built 40 millions, and Mission Space, Expedition Eeverst are built more than 100 millions, for example.)

True, Disney does have more cap to spend at their parks for new attractions. Now that GE is the parent company to Universal, if Universal can convience GE to open its pocket a bit, Universal could have a nice cashflow of money to build some nice attractions. Right now though the tough thing is getting GE to keep the parks. Some people that work at UC have worked as an Imagineer at one time, and vise verse. It is important to separate the ideas from the actual company. I many ways it is like a producer in Hollywood. They may take a story to one studio and be turned down, then go to a different studio and have the story picked up. This is what pretty much happened with BK/LC. The people are responsible for creating the content, it is up to the park to build it.

Don't forget when spiderman was built it was the most expensive themepark attraction ever built.

tigger248

jaredliu said:

Another thing that gives WDW an advantage is the land. They have plenty of room for a lot of future expansion. UO doesn't have that luxury. I'd heard somewhere that they had more land (enough for a 3rd park), but sold it and no longer have plans for a 3rd park. I don't know if there's any truth to that or not, but the fact remains that WDW has significantly more land. This isolates them and gives much more space to work with. It's becoming easier and easier for WDW to keep people on their property, especially with Magic Express coming. Universal is kinda similar to DLR in that they just don't have as much space and the "outside world" is springing up all around them.

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
FourFourSeven said:
I think using attendance as an indicator of quality does not make sense. If that's the case, then the Mall of America is "better" than Disney because more people go there. And "Titanic" is the "best" movie of all time. And "American Idol" is the "best" show on television. And Tickle Me Elmo was the "best" toy made in 1997.

Some people prefer Disney. Some prefer Universal. Some enjoy both. Why can't we leave it at that and move on?

:lol: ! What a waste of time that post was! We are comparing two THEME PARKS HERE!! You bringing up the Mall of America MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! Thats like comparing apples to oranges! Look all we are trying to say here is: attendance among simlar things (Disney and Universal) is a good way to get a point across! Now what that point is..... I think we all know what it is, so there's no need for me to say it!

Disney ownes all of the parks in the top 5........ does that not tell you anything? Yes, people like Universal and Disney but this just shows that Disney is and always will be a more popular chain of theme parks than Universal! THE NUMBERS NEVER LIE!

And....just because Titantic drew the largest crowds over a small period of time means nothing! Disney has siginicantly outperformed Universal and will continue to do so forever.

Basically these numbers are an illustration of where consumers would rather go and spend their money.

Lynx04

Universal will never bet Disney in an attendence war. Universal has two parks with about 80,000 cap total, while Disney has 4 parks with about 200,000 cap total. Universal has about 3,000 rooms on-site, Disney has over 30,000. Disney sits on over 40 square miles of land. I am not sure what the property size of Universal is, but not much.

All this equals logically impossible for Universal to ever out number Disney in attendence. Disney's name is more well known then Universal as well.

Having said all of that, that doesn't mean that Disney is better then Universal. It may be larger, it may have a higher cap, but none of that has anything to do with quality.

I am not saying Universal is better then Disney, just trying to point out that quantity does not equal quality. Although, Disney does have quantity of quality.

coasterphil

I have to say that this thread has been extremely dissapointing. I had really hoped that more of you guys would be a bit more open minded and not so black and white when it came to Universal and Disney. Enjoying Universal while being a big Disney fan isn't a sin, lol.

I absolutely love IOA. The rides are the most thrilling in Orlando and I like the subjects they themed around. It is right up with MK as my favorite theme park. I couldn't imagine just having Disney or Universal around. Without Universal there is no way that Disney would have added all the recent thrilling attractions and I'd be missing out on two(really 3) great B&M coasters. Without Disney, there wouldn't be a big market in Orlando and Universal wouldn't exist. Plus isn't a place in the world that can give you the feeling you get when you see Cinderella's Castle.

moink

Original Poster
tigger248 said:
What happened to your original statement that everyone has their own opinions? This post makes it look like the only opinions you like are those that match yours. :rolleyes:

well seeing as how you only quoted part of what I was saying... I suggest you quote the entire thing and not make me look like the idiot. I do appreciate others opinions but if you quoted my entire "spiel" then you would remeber that I said that he was shoving his ideas down everybody's throat.

well now that we cleared that up...

Not trying to be an idiot just trying to clear my name... sorry if I made you angry tigger248.

imagineer boy

TRITON4ME said:
:lol: ! What a waste of time that post was! We are comparing two THEME PARKS HERE!! You bringing up the Mall of America MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! Thats like comparing apples to oranges! Look all we are trying to say here is: attendance among simlar things (Disney and Universal) is a good way to get a point across! Now what that point is..... I think we all know what it is, so there's no need for me to say it!

The Mall of America FYI, has an indoor theme park inside of it called "Camp Snoopy." They also have a lego center, and a larg aquarium with glass tunnels that go through it. Not to mention a movie theater, and thousands of shops and resturaunts.

J

joviacdan

imagineer boy said:
The Mall of America FYI, has an indoor theme park inside of it called "Camp Snoopy." They also have a lego center, and a larg aquarium with glass tunnels that go through it. Not to mention a movie theater, and thousands of shops and resturaunts.

How many millions of people do you tihnk walk around the Mall Of America every year and don't spend a dime?

Can't use that as an analogy

moink

Original Poster
joviacdan said:
How many millions of people do you tihnk walk around the Mall Of America every year and don't spend a dime?

Can't use that as an analogy

Thats true!

also the mall of america, remember is just a mall... It attracts locals along w/ tourists so it isnt really fair to use that as an analogy

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
Indy95 said:
So how much did it cost?

:lol: ! It sounds like someone has NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!! (And I'm not talking about Indy95)

Who knew....... 'most expensive theme park attraction' is not an actual dollar amount? That just looks to me like one of those comments that was just thrown in there! I mean why would you overwise say that at the end? I mean, if true (which I don't think it is), thats pretty amazing!

So Please: Show me (and Indy95) the money!!:lol:

Indy95: COME ON!! Don't you know how much 'the most expensive theme park attraction' comes out to be? :lol: My guess: A lot:lol: !

moink

Original Poster
If you think about it Walt Disney had a dream, where everyone could have fun in one of his theme parks. Universal saw how well disney was doing and decided to create a park. Universal plays dirty. They always have and always will. They stole oswald the lucky rabbit from Disney stole attraction ideas and such.

I like certain rides at universal like jurassic park and spiderman however I feel that disney spoiles you in a way that no other place in this world can. You get a special feeling (that i know) that I dont get when im in any other place. A feeling of relaxation, excitment, happiness and all of the greate feelings put together and I just dont get those feelings in Universal. Its just Blaa to me...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom