Universal vs. Disney

agent86

I am going to have to disagree with you here... Everything he has said was his opinion..

I can say the New York Yankees will be the best team in baseball in 2009... I am stating an opinion... I can say Disney is better than Universal.. I am also stating my opinion...

he said Universal isn't in the same league as Disney.. This is his opinion.... IF he states why he feels that way, then he is just backing up his opinion.. And why is this an opinion? because people can disagree with him... You cannot disagree with facts...

You think Universal is in the same class as Disney.. again, your opinion... However, I think you are trying to make it a fact.. it's not...

This thread has kind of run its course, hasn't it? How many more posts of DISNEY RULES, UNIVERSIAL STINKS, NO WAY UNIVERSAL ROCKS do we really need to know that we are all going to disagree anyway LOL...

Sounds to me like you and I have a difference of....well, you know. :lol:

agent86

This reply was weak, and frankly not your best effort, but I think I know the problem. When you make your foil hat, stop using the economy brand. It's not working. Either double the thickness, or switch to heavy duty.

Well, you would know. You seem to follow me from thread to thread commenting on every one of my posts (and in some cases, "quoting" me, but changing my words to make it appear I said something else).

"Who is the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" :hammer:

agent86

Keep it up and you probably won't be around to see it happen. :shrug: bye bye

Wow, that's a pretty blatant insult toward the MODs, don't you think? You're saying a member can get banned for NOT kissing up to them? I find that hard to believe anyone would be that insecure, but I guess we'll see. If you're referring to us ribbing this poster for his comments, well....if people got banned for that, there'd be a lot fewer posters on this site.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wow, that's a pretty blatant insult toward the MODs, don't you think? You're saying a member can get banned for NOT kissing up to them? I find that hard to believe anyone would be that insecure, but I guess we'll see. If you're referring to us ribbing this poster for his comments, well....if people got banned for that, there'd be a lot fewer posters on this site.

I'm referring to the seeming blatant disregard for authority.

People like that generally end up behind bars.

agent86

I'm referring to the seeming blatant disregard for authority.

People like that generally end up behind bars.

Ummmm....I think you're getting me mixed up with someone else. :veryconfu Where, in any of my posts, on any thread, have I said something to give you the impression I have a "blatant disregard for authority"??

Montyboy

Well, you would know. You seem to follow me from thread to thread commenting on every one of my posts (and in some cases, "quoting" me, but changing my words to make it appear I said something else).

Yeah, that was a good one.

I’m also particularly proud of the “Princess Bride” parody [this thread].
(When you lookup the word “parody”, don’t be confused. It looks like “parade” or even “proud”. Those are different words that have different meanings.)

agent86

Yeah, that was a good one.

I’m also particularly proud of the “Princess Bride” parody [above].
(When you lookup the word “parody”, don’t be confused. It looks like “parade” or even “proud”. Those are different words that have different meanings.)

I think you are really an Agent86 fanatic disguised as a Disney fan. You spend more time commenting on my posts than you do....discussing Disney. :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
710_animated_fighting_smileys.gif

agent86

And I'm glad they did. Do you think they'd ever come up with stuff like this in the concept art for a Disney park? Possibly come close, yes, but how long do you think it'll last? Alien Encounter and Countdown to Extinction comes to mind . . .

Enigma

Account Suspended
And I'm glad they did. Do you think they'd ever come up with stuff like this in the concept art for a Disney park? Possibly come close, yes, but how long do you think it'll last? Alien Encounter and Countdown to Extinction comes to mind . . .

Well we used to get rides like this. Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror, roger rabbit, etc. Even when you go back further we had rides that were action packed and ambitious for the time like SPace Mountain and Big Thunder.

There are two big hold ups at Disney and what we need to do is get focused and write letters to these individuals and start speaking with our wallets. These are the hold ups:

Jay Rasolu: Aka the biggest block when it comes to getting exciting new attractions. Did you know that in the 80s and 90s when Rasulo was part of strategic planning he openly lobbied against building Splash Mountain and Indaina Jones Adventure? He argued it was a waste of money and that people would come to the parks anyway. WHy he is still at Disney is beyond me and his insistance on spending funds expanding the DVC instead of building rides will be WDW's downfall mark my words.

Phil Holmes and most of the WDW management team: Refuse to shut down attractions to give them complete makeovers, totally not understanding that the parks need to grow, change, and CONSTANTLY be refreshed. Extremly shortsighted

raven

Universal has been trying to copy Disney in so many ways recently (name tag shapes, pin trading, "fast pass", etc.). They even have ads online and TV that say you can enjoy 2 Universal Parks on the same day for less than a 1-day hopper ticket at Disney. But who get's a 1-day hopper at Disney anymore? And Universal parks right now are only open from 10AM until 6PM with most rides not opening until noon, plus you have to pay an extra $40 to use their "fast pass" plan! With these factors how is that a better deal than Disney?

IMHO, Universal will never truely win over my vote unless they copy one crucial formula that they left out: guest service. Universal has none.

Their employees publically cut down Disney in front of guests and they lack discipline, hospitality and general kindness. But Universal still hasn't figured out yet that Guest Service is their downfall so their anti-Disney campaign proudly goes on. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom