Universal vs. Disney

Enigma

Account Suspended
Universals customer service level is nowhere NEAR as bad as people say on these forums.

I have very few bad experinces with cast members at parks but the few I have had I would say its been an equal number at both Disney and Universal parks.

The only time the Universal cast members are slightly unprofessional is during Halloween Horror Nights when they are dealing with all the rowdy younger crowds.

I think when people say that kind of stuff tehre either exagerating or are mistaking Universal for Six Flags.

Okay, you said judged. Fair enough. A unique coaster gets an asterisk as the only one that does [whatever]. It still has to be good.

Exactly, I hope both Uni and Disney both are above gimmicky for the sake of gimmicky. Innovations are a different ballgame though.

Thanks, but I was trying to be clever to make a point. When steel tube coasters were developed, they allowed designers to add inverted loops. The first ones were awful by any measure today, but people lined up because the coasters were new and unique.
I’ll give you that a great design will give you longevity in a ride, but people will go out of their way to try something they can’t get anywhere else.

Definitely agree that, at least for a while, people will ride something simply because its new.

But as a "fun fact" I believe the first tubular steel roller coaster was the Matterhorn, meaning the technology was actually developed as a way to involve themeing in a coaster. (IIRC)

agent86

Universals customer service level is nowhere NEAR as bad as people say on these forums.

Agreed! And I think that in most cases, even the people who say it's bad probably know deep down that they are over-embellishing in order to portray Universal in a bad light. A lot of people on these forums just desperately want others (particularly those who have never been there) to have this picture in their heads of Universal as just an "amusement park" that has nothing worthwhile to see or do. I think these people hate the fact that Universal is truly a high quality resort that gives Disney a run for it's money (and surpasses Disney in many respects).

have very few bad experinces with cast members at parks but the few I have had I would say its been an equal number at both Disney and Universal parks.

And what's funny is that if a member here has one bad CM experience and he/she dares to come here and complain about it, people jump all over them and accuse them of "hating" CMs and Disney itself (Nearly every CM complaint thread is almost guaranteed to have at least one post that says something to the effect of, "If you hate Disney so much, go to Universal"). But of course, if someone has the same, or similar, experience at Universal, then very few people object to Universal being portrayed as a place where "everyone" is rude and their guest service is terrible. :rolleyes:

I think when people say that kind of stuff tehre either exagerating or are mistaking Universal for Six Flags.

I would say that most of the time, that exaggeration is intentional on the part of whoever happens to be posting the remarks.

tomman710

Agreed! And I think that in most cases, even the people who say it's bad probably know deep down that they are over-embellishing in order to portray Universal in a bad light. A lot of people on these forums just desperately want others (particularly those who have never been there) to have this picture in their heads of Universal as just an "amusement park" that has nothing worthwhile to see or do. I think these people hate the fact that Universal is truly a high quality resort that gives Disney a run for it's money (and surpasses Disney in many respects).

Despites agent86's unfounded criticism (and misunderstanding of what an opinion is) of me ... I have to agree with him here in regards to Universal customer service. I do not think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be ... in fact I can't think of any bad experiences I have had there ever.

I think the only difference is the CM's at Disney tend to go above and beyond more so than the Universal employees, which I think has to do with there being a much larger percentage of people that WANT to be a part of the Disney magic through employment rather than people just want a paycheck or summer job at Universal.

But I don't think Universal employees are as bad as everyone makes them out to be ...

Basically I jut think a higher percentage of Disney CM's want to be there and WANT to do all those "magical moments" to make a customers vacation extra special, compared to the Universal employees who just do their "job" ... which isn't a bad thing but again it's just not in the same league as Disney. (JUST MY OPINION ... and if anyone, especially agent86, needs a definition of opinion feel free to PM me.)

Captain Chaos

Some of you here are saying that people are over reacting to Universal's customer service being bad... They come here and exaggerate to make Universal sound worse than it is... Maybe some people do...

I am in work right now... When I get home, I will detail what happened to me the day I decided to cancel my AP... I don't feel like I over reacted and I am not embellishing one bit....

I have not given up on going to Universal in the future... But, for now, I am not stepping foot into the parks... This was the other reason I decided to cancel the AP... Since I am not going to visit for a year or two, maybe more, why pay for the AP, ya know??

Captain Chaos

Like most if not all your other posts, was that really necessary? Do you have anything worthwhile to say at all? On second thought, don't answer, I don't want another lame insult as an answer.

Don't worry about his response... Do you think I care? You shouldn't care either... He wants to read it, fine.. If not, fine... No skin off my back...

My post will not bash Universal... it will just detail my experience with their customer service...

raven

I do something crazy when I visit theme parks. I don't try to count how many times the employees put down a rival company or note what they were wearing or where they were sitting. I mainly focus on enjoying myself. You should try it.

I realize you don't understand my situation so I will tell you.

From the moment I walked in, the employees just couldn't resist constantly commenting on my Mickey Mouse T-Shirt. Do you think I asked to be riduculed for having a "Rat on my shirt" at Universal? I didn't ask for their fashion advise but they proudly told me anyway. And the employees sitting on the railings were in our way in the queue to The Mummy. The manager on the megaphone stood directly in front of me blasting his screams in all of our ears. So how could I not see that? It's like they were blatantly trying to annoy the guests.

The_CEO

Don't worry about his response... Do you think I care? You shouldn't care either... He wants to read it, fine.. If not, fine... No skin off my back...

My post will not bash Universal... it will just detail my experience with their customer service...

I would LOVE to hear your story! Please post when you get home!

I realize you don't understand my situation so I will tell you.

From the moment I walked in, the employees just couldn't resist constantly commenting on my Mickey Mouse T-Shirt. Do you think I asked to be riduculed for having a "Rat on my shirt" at Universal? I didn't ask for their fashion advise but they proudly told me anyway. And the employees sitting on the railings were in our way in the queue to The Mummy. The manager on the megaphone stood directly in front of me blasting his screams in all of our ears. So how could I not see that? It's like they were blatantly trying to annoy the guests.

Walk into WDW with a Universal shirt on, and see what they'd say, or how they'd treat you? I've done that just to see what happens, and yes, CMs were more rude to me because I had "competition" on my shirt.

As for blatantly trying to annoy the guests, I see it as them having fun with the guests in a playful manor, much like how Disney goes over the top with outrageously fake smiles and super friendly voices calling everyone princess or pirate. Lighten up dude.

raven

Walk into WDW with a Universal shirt on, and see what they'd say, or how they'd treat you? I've done that just to see what happens, and yes, CMs were more rude to me because I had "competition" on my shirt.

As for blatantly trying to annoy the guests, I see it as them having fun with the guests in a playful manor, much like how Disney goes over the top with outrageously fake smiles and super friendly voices calling everyone princess or pirate. Lighten up dude.

So you purposely were looking for Disney CM to comment on your shirt? That's not calling the kettle black or nothing.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who needs to "lighten up." :rolleyes:

The_CEO

Why doesn't that surprise me. :lookaroun

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're one of the people on the forums, who doesn't really like to stimulate actual conversation, nor really add to the thread. Just make other people feel like complete crap and move on to your next victim. You fall under the people who are power driven and that is the only structure they see. I highly sense that you're the type of person who has to always have the last word, prank your fellow coworkers, and always have those little quips that top the last poster, ego is huge and it shows.

That being said, I actually DO want to hear this person's story, either it be pro disney, con disney, pro universal, con universal, because this is a discussion board and that is what is intended for.

mcjaco

When you expect comments, comments are likely what you'll "hear." I've gone with Busch, Universal, Six Flags shirts on, and nothing has ever been said. It's ridiculous to think that it would be too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you're one of the people on the forums, who doesn't really like to stimulate actual conversation, nor really add to the thread. Just make other people feel like complete crap and move on to your next victim. You fall under the people who are power driven and that is the only structure they see. I highly sense that you're the type of person who has to always have the last word, prank your fellow coworkers, and always have those little quips that top the last poster, ego is huge and it shows.

They're called trolls. Move on.

So you purposely were looking for Disney CM to comment on your shirt? That's not calling the kettle black or nothing.

Sounds like I'm not the only one who needs to "lighten up." :rolleyes:

It was during the Not So Scary Party, as I was the "tacky tourist" I wasn't looking for trouble or comments, but did it just to see what happened while I went around the parks normally and enjoying myself as an average guest. There were more negative comments about my costume than positive ones as there weren't any. I even had on a pack, camera around my neck, and an open hawaiian worn over my Universal shirt.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

That being said, I actually DO want to hear this person's story, either it be pro disney, con disney, pro universal, con universal, because this is a discussion board and that is what is intended for.

I actually thought you wanted to hear the story in the hope it reinforced your negativity toward Universal given the significant posts to the contrary.

You seem to know me so well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom