Universal Star Trek land and hotel

cheezbat

Discovery is terrible. Season one of Picard was pretty bad too. Ruined some good characters.

That being said, building a hotel that’s like what once was in Las Vegas could be a major winner. Running around Deep Space Nine, trying interesting concoctions at Quarks bar, escaping a Borg threat, Bat’leth training with Klingons….could be fun!

I’d also think a Potter themed hotel could also be a home run…

Just keep the prices for these kinds of things WAY cheaper than the nonsense Disney is charging.

OG Runner

It would be great if they had a Harry Potter hotel the would include characters on premises and running the operations.
They do not need to set it up like Disney. It could still be immersive without costing an arm and a leg.

Skunk

It would be great if they had a Harry Potter hotel the would include characters on premises and running the operations.
They do not need to set it up like Disney. It could still be immersive without costing an arm and a leg.
Totally agree with this. I haven't been to Galactic Starcruiser, but based on the YouTube tours and such I've seen: I wouldn't call it disappointing, but it doesn't look anywhere near worth the money asked. You could absolutely do a full sized resort hotel and pull off 90% of the show elements and still charge a reasonable (read: still expensive, but much more affordable than GC) rate. Also questionable is the locked in 2-night stay period; granted it allows a contained long form story, but there's other ways of doing that too.

OG Runner

I agree with many of the suggestions. I think either WDW or Universal could have one of these resorts.
It would be more about the atmosphere than anything else. Think of a hotel in Diagon Alley. (Not actually
but a hotel having that kind of an atmosphere.)

Jimdalva

a thousand years ago I caught The Star Trek Experience in Vegas
tbh it was good enough to make up for "Vegas! With your parents! When you're 20!"
irl bro had already spoiled the basics of it but still, walking out of the turbolift onto the bridge of the 1701-D was really something to see for yourself
I can see some sort of high end Trek thing maybe working for Voyager or before, FlareTrek and beyond I don't know they have the whales for it, and not really sure that Prime does either anymore

still sorta regret not getting one of the Starfleet Academy diplomas signed by headmaster Hikaru Sulu and some takei guy
We also caught The Star Trek Experience in Vegas. Loved it!

Krazyjoe

Could Universal build a Star Trek land and a hotel like Disney’s Galactic Starcruiser? It could be pretty awesome if done right and top Galactic Starcruiser. The world of Star Trek seems to be growing as well lately. I believe there were some rumors of this at one point but I haven’t been following if there were any truth to it.

It would be AMAZING if that could happen! I'd *LOVE* a Star Trek themed land.

The old Klingon Encounter and Borg Invasion 4D rides from Vegas were so much fun.

Krazyjoe

Sorry but I think the Star Trek opinions are incorrect. Paramount is putting a fourth movie with the latest crew, (Chris Pine, etc.),
into the works. They would not do that if it was a dead franchise. Given Universal is doing a land based on classic monsters, why
is it so hard to believe they would be interested in using Star Trek. (if they could) Also if you wanted to make a hotel the Enterprise
would be the way to go. Even in the original series they had a crew of 1,400.

Indeed Star Trek is thriving right now. We're kind of in a Trek Golden Age. Discovery, Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds have been just fantastic, and Picard has been a great nostalgic throwback.

Krazyjoe

Nope it isn't.

STD's ratings are horrible and it has made people less interested in Star Trek. The same happened with Doctor Who and Star Wars, until The Mandalorian came out.
incorrect on multiple counts. Starting with the fact that it doesn't get "ratings" (and if it did, yes...they would be horrible. Star Trek has ALWAYS gotten horrible ratings on Network TV. It's a niche show and doesn't have the mainstream appeal that a police procedural or lawyer show would have. All three of the previous Star Trek series that aired on network TV were also ratings failures (Star Trek, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise).

Discovery is a streaming series and as such is not subject to ratings but it has been a HUGE boon for Paramount+. It's been so successful that they have used it to launch multiple spin-offs including Picard, Lower Decks and the brand new Strange New Worlds with word that more (Section 31 and Starlet Academy). The show is now filming it's 5th season. Failed shows don't make it to season 5.

Krazyjoe

My last post is awaiting moderation for some reason, but it basically said that Discovery is not subject to ratings as a streaming series but it has been a major hit for Paramount which led to multiple spinoffs including Picard, Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds . It's currently in season 5.

GuyFawkes

incorrect on multiple counts. Starting with the fact that it doesn't get "ratings" (and if it did, yes...they would be horrible. Star Trek has ALWAYS gotten horrible ratings on Network TV. It's a niche show and doesn't have the mainstream appeal that a police procedural or lawyer show would have. All three of the previous Star Trek series that aired on network TV were also ratings failures (Star Trek, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise).

Discovery is a streaming series and as such is not subject to ratings but it has been a HUGE boon for Paramount+. It's been so successful that they have used it to launch multiple spin-offs including Picard, Lower Decks and the brand new Strange New Worlds with word that more (Section 31 and Starlet Academy). The show is now filming it's 5th season. Failed shows don't make it to season 5.
Wow, you work for STD don't you??/ One way or another you are paid from Star Trek programs. Because everything Star Trek is horrible in the last few years, actually more than a few years.

Next Star Trek movie will flop after the last one that had Beastie Boys music playing to defeat the enemy. I can't even remember any details of that piece of crap movie. Movie will be a flop because the old guys will not go to watch the next piece of crap movie from the idiots making Star Trek now. There are no new fans........The fans are all old guys at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krazyjoe

Wow, you work for STD don't you??/ One way or another you are paid from Star Trek programs. Because everything Star Trek is horrible in the last few years, actually more than a few years.

Next Star Trek movie will flop after the last one that had Beastie Boys music playing to defeat the enemy. I can't even remember any details of that piece of crap movie. Movie will be a flop because the old guys will not go to watch the next piece of crap movie from the idiots making Star Trek now. There are no new fans........The fans are all old guys at this point.
I’d love to work for Star Trek. I wish I did.

If you never watched then it kind of negates your comment “Star Trek is horrible in the last few years”

My95cobras

I’d love to work for Star Trek. I wish I did.

If you never watched then it kind of negates your comment “Star Trek is horrible in the last few years”

I know we don’t watch any of them from jj to present. As soon as they deviated cannon and the started using that creature as a slave To generate power, which is something the federation would never do, we realized it’s lowest common denominator… It’s geared for modern pop culture and not for the life long fans.

mf1972

discovery wasn’t too bad, but went downhill for me on season 3. i quit season 4 already. kind of enjoyed picard, but season 2 disappointed me. having Q was the only redeeming thing about the show. brave new worlds however turned things around, imo. feels more classic trek, but modern.
as far as the hotel idea, it’s a neat idea if it ever happens. but i see universal going the harry potter route & probably making it more affordable just to spit in disney’s face.

JoeCamel

I know we don’t watch any of them from jj to present. As soon as they deviated cannon and the started using that creature as a slave To generate power, which is something the federation would never do, we realized it’s lowest common denominator… It’s geared for modern pop culture and not for the life long fans.
That is like saying it is geared to today's dollars not yesterday's dimes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom