Universal Star Trek land and hotel

TTA94

Original Poster
Could Universal build a Star Trek land and a hotel like Disney’s Galactic Starcruiser? It could be pretty awesome if done right and top Galactic Starcruiser. The world of Star Trek seems to be growing as well lately. I believe there were some rumors of this at one point but I haven’t been following if there were any truth to it.

seascape

Could Universal build a Star Trek land and a hotel like Disney’s Galactic Starcruiser? It could be pretty awesome if done right and top Galactic Starcruiser. The world of Star Trek seems to be growing as well lately. I believe there were some rumors of this at one point but I haven’t been following if there were any truth to it.
I would rather visit the Orville or even The Firefly. Either one of those shows could make a fun experience. Then there is the many possie Marvel experiences that could be created. As for Universal, rather than a HP experience, I would love to see what they could do with Jurassic Park.

GuyFawkes

Have you seen STD and Picard? They are destroying the franchise.

Paramount and Star Trek will be going Bankrupt along with disappearing soon. It's really that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTA94

Original Poster
Have you seen STD and Picard? They are destroying the franchise.

Paramount and Star Trek will be going Bankrupt along with disappearing soon. It's really that bad.

Not a Trek die hard but I don’t think STD and Picard are horrible, though I do feel they should have went about it in a different way. Instead of trying to fill in the gaps of the OS era with Discovery and soon Strange New Worlds, they should have left it alone and made a series following Voyager. I know Picard is technically that, but I think instead of a series just about Picard they should have went with something like Discovery with new and old characters.

OG Runner

Sorry but I think the Star Trek opinions are incorrect. Paramount is putting a fourth movie with the latest crew, (Chris Pine, etc.),
into the works. They would not do that if it was a dead franchise. Given Universal is doing a land based on classic monsters, why
is it so hard to believe they would be interested in using Star Trek. (if they could) Also if you wanted to make a hotel the Enterprise
would be the way to go. Even in the original series they had a crew of 1,400.

Tonto

Sorry but I think the Star Trek opinions are incorrect. Paramount is putting a fourth movie with the latest crew, (Chris Pine, etc.),
into the works. They would not do that if it was a dead franchise. Given Universal is doing a land based on classic monsters, why
is it so hard to believe they would be interested in using Star Trek. (if they could) Also if you wanted to make a hotel the Enterprise
would be the way to go. Even in the original series they had a crew of 1,400.
Wouldn't that be the third movie with the same crew? I haven't followed ST in a bit so I could be wrong.
I thought they never made the third film.

some other guy

a thousand years ago I caught The Star Trek Experience in Vegas
tbh it was good enough to make up for "Vegas! With your parents! When you're 20!"
irl bro had already spoiled the basics of it but still, walking out of the turbolift onto the bridge of the 1701-D was really something to see for yourself
I can see some sort of high end Trek thing maybe working for Voyager or before, FlareTrek and beyond I don't know they have the whales for it, and not really sure that Prime does either anymore

still sorta regret not getting one of the Starfleet Academy diplomas signed by headmaster Hikaru Sulu and some takei guy

DKampy

Wouldn't that be the third movie with the same crew? I haven't followed ST in a bit so I could be wrong.
It would be a fourth move there was Star Trek(2009), Into Darkness, and Beyond.

I thought I heard in a huge mistake Paramont announced it without anyone else onboard. I’ll believe it when I see it

GimpYancIent

Star Trek is supposed to be stories about the Star Ship Enterprise and its voyages not about the same crew over and over again. Vessels change crews also newer more modern updated vessels are named Enterprise and carry on the missions as the older ones are decommissioned or destroyed. A very bankable, common-sense sci fi reflection of real-life cycles of vessels and the crews that operate them. Star Trek Star Ship Enterprise would be an excellent IP to develop an experience to upstage the Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser.

Tonto

Star Trek is supposed to be stories about the Star Ship Enterprise and its voyages not about the same crew over and over again. Vessels change crews also newer more modern updated vessels are named Enterprise and carry on the missions as the older ones are decommissioned or destroyed. A very bankable, common-sense sci fi reflection of real-life cycles of vessels and the crews that operate them. Star Trek Star Ship Enterprise would be an excellent IP to develop an experience to upstage the Star Wars Galactic Star Cruiser.
I get that they are trying to attract a new generation of kids, but it’s just a tad to liberal for my liking with all the social awareness the show has. It’s not about space. It’s about continuing to force an Agenda that I can’t relate to.
Maybe the younger generations are into it but I don’t even think that’s the case either, so why don’t they just placate the audience they have and give us good sci fi that made the series popular in the first place.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

I get that they are trying to attract a new generation of kids, but it’s just a tad to liberal for my liking with all the social awareness the show has. It’s not about space. It’s about continuing to force an Agenda that I can’t relate to.
Maybe the younger generations are into it but I don’t even think that’s the case either, so why don’t they just placate the audience they have and give us good sci fi that made the series popular in the first place.

Otherwise they should
Live long and prosper.

GimpYancIent

I don't hear about Star Trek as much as I do Star Wars. Not saying there's not a market for it, but to pull off a hotel like Starcruiser there has to be a major appeal/desire. I could def see there being a hotel for HP though.
If Universal does not lose its mind and slaps some outrageous price on the experience, like Disney, yeah it could definitely be a success that will eclipse the Star Cruiser..

OG Runner

Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness and Star Trek Beyond are all movies using Chris Pine as Captain Kirk, etc.
They call it the Kelvin timeline. (sorry to be such a nerd)

OG Runner

I don't hear about Star Trek as much as I do Star Wars. Not saying there's not a market for it, but to pull off a hotel like Starcruiser there has to be a MAJOR appeal/desire. I could def see there being a hotel for HP though.

An HP hotel would be fantastic. They have plenty of architecture they could use and I don't see the cost being as high as
Starcruiser, unless you are going to hire a giant to be on staff. :D

OG Runner

Star Trek Discovery is really not that bad. They really did try very hard to make connections with the original series, as it started in a
time period before Kirk captained the Enterprise. They are now 950 years in the future. It could be done much better though. In a recent
episode they have one of those made up deadlines of 29 hours and decide it is a good idea to explore a dead world before confronting the pending threat. HOWEVER, I still think it would make a great addition to a theme park. A DS9 hotel would be amazing.

GuyFawkes

Star Trek Discovery is really not that bad. They really did try very hard to make connections with the original series, as it started in a
time period before Kirk captained the Enterprise. They are now 950 years in the future. It could be done much better though. In a recent
episode they have one of those made up deadlines of 29 hours and decide it is a good idea to explore a dead world before confronting the pending threat. HOWEVER, I still think it would make a great addition to a theme park. A DS9 hotel would be amazing.
A DS9 hotel would be fun or the original ST ship as a hotel.

Problem is there aren't new ST fans, everything has been running off of old fans. BTW STD was the lowest rated show on TV at one point. I didn't think the first season was terrible so I gave it a chance but the second season is when everything changed to a whole new show going in a terrible direction.

I'm not talking about ST any more. The movies? Oh where would I start.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom