Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

Seanual757

if everything is as easy and simple as you claimed everything would be open already.

I wish I had a clue the governor, and the mayor will give them a green light. Weather we like it or not the state is open for business and the governor is relaxing restrictions more and more I would not be surprised if we are at a Phase 3 by July here in Florida.

Miss Bella

I’m Platinum on DCL and have had two cruises cancelled due to Covid so I have been following closely. They’ve pulled the Dream and Fantasy sailings through July also. Additional cruises will be pulled and subsequently cancelled when it is determined that they can not sail. The CDC order is a good guideline but not something that can be used to automatically cancel all cruises through that period. They have been very accommodating regarding cancellations, refunds, and future cruise credits. Including applying increased future cruise credits retroactively to cruises that were modified before they were officially cancelled.

The other cruise lines have all had very similar responses. In fact some are just now starting to cancel July sailings. And carnival and royal Caribbean are also still allowing booking for sailings in August that may or may not happen.
I have my recollection of what happened and you have yours. My opinion on accomodating and informative obviously differs from yours. Carnival has stated they plan to resume cruising in August that's why they are selling cruises. I haven't heard anything from DCL. Carnival pulled out of Europe months ago.

I think it's pretty frustrating for people still booked on European cruises. They no it's not happening, but they have to wait until Disney cancels to get their money back.

Back on topic now.

Epcotbob

Trust me I understand but it is not that difficult to contact the CM’s letting them know when to report to work each group and area know about crowd control they do it on a daily basis. It would take CM’s a day to get up to speed on what the plan is a few days to test it. The actually larger issue will be re-stocking all of the perishable food Disney donated that in itself could take longer to obtain.

But they can honestly have the parks and resorts ready to go w/in 2 weeks. They prepare for hurricanes, they prepare for the July 4th crowds, they were prepared before the closure with the sanitizing of resorts it is NOT difficult not sure why folks think it is. People on the front lines are doing this we have been doing this for 3 months it can be done. If folks don’t want to go back DON’T GO, but honestly the Central Florida economy and other economies need the theme parks to open its vital for the economic recovery.

If I remember right, one of the insiders said that they could have things up and running within 7 days of getting the word GO!

Miss Bella

The Universal resorts are taking reservations starting on June 5th. But they have made no announcement yet. That is because they aren't sure how many of their hotels they will open. They are taking reservations for all the resorts, but the evening of a June 4th, they will look at bookings and consolidate if necessary. An upgrade from Surfside to a Deluxe looks like a realist possibility for the near future. They may even keep taking reservations for shuttered hotels after some of the hotels open and just continue upgrading until they hit a target occupancy rate then just stop the upgrades and open that property. I would not expect to see any offers until after they open and see where they are at.
Portofino is not taking reservations until July 1.

Getachew

I wish I had a clue the governor, and the mayor will give them a green light. Weather we like it or not the state is open for business and the governor is relaxing restrictions more and more I would not be surprised if we are at a Phase 3 by July here in Florida.

now is that the right thing to do?

ImperfectPixie

now is that the right thing to do?
I think we're agreeing about this situation...it seems like governors are responding to public pressure rather than data. I personally feel it was a mistake to apply any kind of timelines to each phase simply because it can take up to two weeks for a person to become symptomatic...and even then not everyone who gets sick is going to get tested. Governors need to get the message out that if you're sick, get a freaking test.

DVCakaCarlF

Kingoglow

I'll say this about masks: enforcing the wearing of masks is going to be hard. A lot of folks are going to look for every opportunity to not wear one. They can just have a Coke or Mickey Premium in their hand all day...

I thought they should implement designated eating areas. No food allowed outside those zones. I don't know how to handle drinks though.

brianstl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom