Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

peter11435

I'm genuinely wondering where you live where this is your reality. My state has a mandatory mask order and almost nobody is doing it. They hook a mask to their ears to tick the box but everyone's nose is out and most people just drop it around their necks, including employees, including indoor air conditioned spaces. I'd guess compliance in summer, outdoors in Florida will be somewhere around 10%.
Obviously I live somewhere with a more intelligent and courteous population.

the_rich

I'm genuinely wondering where you live where this is your reality. My state has a mandatory mask order and almost nobody is doing it. They hook a mask to their ears to tick the box but everyone's nose is out and most people just drop it around their necks, including employees, including indoor air conditioned spaces. I'd guess compliance in summer, outdoors in Florida will be somewhere around 10%.

I live in NYC and I see most people wearing masks when they are out. Most stores won't let you in without one.

havoc315

compliance around me is nearly 100% indoors, about 70% outdoors.

I think you get a peer pressure threshold.
That is...if almost everyone is wearing a mask, then that’s tremendous pressure on others to wear masks.

I find sane rational people are consistently wearing masks at least when they are in close contact with others. (As opposed to walking alone in a wide open outdoor space)

natatomic

you know the union negotiated that masks become required for guests and cast members. The cast members want the protection if they have to work.

Who asked the cast members? They didnt take a vote of every cast member. This decision was backed by a few union representatives, not the cast as a whole.

I’m not saying NO CMs support this, but acting like every CM is grateful for this rule is just as ridiculous as saying none want it either. CMs didn’t have a say.

Last edited:

lewisc

Compliance levels are completely up to TWDC. If they are aggressively enforced with immediate ejections, compliance will not be a problem. The selfie stick ban was enforced fairly aggressively and took about a week to really stick.
I don't remember seeing anyone smoking in a non smoking area.

ToTBellHop

The parks will enforce masks within reason.

They won’t arrest you for not wearing one. Expect this:
1) at security checkpoint, you must have a mask to pass through. So they know everyone HAS one.
2) inside the parks, cast remind guests frequently with a friendly “masks on, please.”

Only security will demand that individuals put them on and they’ll be reasonable. If you’re eating a dole whip at a table or on the bench seating by Tiki Room, you’ll be allowed. It’s crowded queues where they’ll be more insistent, but realize they’re double safe-guarding here: its 6ft or mask. They are asking for masks AND social distancing in queues because they know either is deemed adequate. If some kid’s mask comes off, they’ll still be 6 ft from strangers.

I don’t think you’ll see widespread folks without masks. But I’m sure you’ll see some jerks. Just like the jerks who smoke. Or line-cut. Some people suck. Don’t be sucky.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't remember seeing anyone smoking in a non smoking area.
You still can find it...though not not widespread any longer.

Cast does NOT confront people if there’s even the slightest chance it will go away.

That’s learned habit from the in park/frontline managers...who learn very quickly not to pick battles when they get yelled at all day for damn near everything else.

True story...I’ve known many managers with a billion stories...but my favorite is one who left the next day after someone relentlessly yelled at her after her 43” child wasn’t allowed on space mountain at 1:55 am on 12/26.

Straw + camel = no mas.

The reason I say this is you learn the place is a powderkeg and you leave your matches at home.

ToTBellHop

You still can find it...though not not widespread any longer.

Cast does NOT confront people if there’s even the slightest chance it will go away.

That’s learned habit from the in park/frontline managers...who learn very quickly not to pick battles when they get yelled at all day for damn near everything else.

True story...I’ve known many managers with a billion stories...but my favorite is one who left the next day after someone relentlessly yelled at her after her 43” child wasn’t allowed on space mountain at 1:55 am on 12/26.

Straw + camel = no mas.

The reason I say this is you learn the place is a powderkeg and you leave your matches at home.
Cast aren’t paid enough to deal with jerks who think they have a right to not wear a mask.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom