Universal need a worldclass show

Cmdr_Crimson

They need a cool night closer at their parks with lazers and fireworks. The water show at night at Universal looks like they're just advertising all their movies to you so you stop in the gift shop and pick up a DVD on the way out the park. They need something more. Same with Islands of Adventure. Have the Parks close and hour apart to separate the two shows. Also gives more use to the Hogwarts Express.

I think the reason is due to the proximity of neighborhoods they had to tone it down..

JordanNite

Original Poster
I think the reason is due to the proximity of neighborhoods they had to tone it down..

The show doesn't have to be arially or loud. A night time show is essential to keep guests in the park late.The longer guests stay in the park the more they're likely to spend !

rioriz

I cannot agree more with this...I love IOA but it is usually a leave by 5 park if not earlier for me. Sinbad sucks and I can only do Poseidon so may times.

Sorry but Cinespec is not up to par and imo boring

fosse76

In all the trips I have made to Universal (3 to 4 per year), and as much as I would like it to stay open later, it is just not needed. Each park can be fully experienced within the confines of 1 day each (without Express Pass). By early evening, wait times are generally low, even for Gringott's. From a financial perspective, it just does not need to remain open late. Not yet.

BrianV

The show doesn't have to be arially or loud. A night time show is essential to keep guests in the park late.The longer guests stay in the park the more they're likely to spend !

I'm sure it is a complicated equation. Staying open later will get people to spend more to a point. But as long as you are open through dinner, that "more" won't necessarily be food. It may be merchandise, but maybe not as people probably by the HP stuff they were going to buy no matter what. And staying open later is unlikely to bring in more gate revenue, at least not much more.

In exchange you have to pay to keep all the employees there later and have a shorter turnaround for the next day.

I'd like them to stay open until at least 9 every day. But I have no doubt they see diminishing returns staying open later.

JordanNite

Original Poster
In all the trips I have made to Universal (3 to 4 per year), and as much as I would like it to stay open later, it is just not needed. Each park can be fully experienced within the confines of 1 day each (without Express Pass). By early evening, wait times are generally low, even for Gringott's. From a financial perspective, it just does not need to remain open late. Not yet.

Some people only take a day out to Universal, and do two parks in a day.

JordanNite

Original Poster
Your choices are yours and yours alone. The world doesn't revolve around them.

Of course. But not sure what that has got to do with the topic of a nighttime show. Perhaps they should have a nightime show in each park.

The exsisiting show is poor, seems like one long advert for their movies.

JordanNite

Original Poster
Cinematic Spectacular was created to celebrate the Studio's 100th anniversary, of course it is about the films.

Let's not be fesitus shall we .... the aim of a show is to entertain and thrill - it's not merely cobbling together a few clips of said studios movies.

Disneyhead'71

I think Cinespec is fine for Universal Studios Florida. But could use some plussing now that the 100 Years celebration is over.

A good unique lagoon show at IOA would be welcome. And I really hate to ask for more live shows from Uni because most of them are painful. Horror Make Up and Grinchmas are the exceptions and they are both great.

Funmeister

I think Disney has better in-park stage shows, but Universal has better in-park street entertainment.

Do you consider the Blues Brothers show a "stage" show? I don't. I think the "pop-up" live shows are great. Disney does not have this in any comparable way. Do not say streetmosphere...can't compare...apples and oranges.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let's not be fesitus shall we .... the aim of a show is to entertain and thrill - it's not merely cobbling together a few clips of said studios movies.
No, Cinespec - as stated - was to celebrate Universals movie catalogue.

And it does that very well.

Next?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom