Universal/IOA At Christmas

Spinky

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post the Mr and I are heading to Orlando at Christmas for our Honeymoon, We have been to Orlando quite a few times but never at this time of the year can any one Tell me what the crowds are like at Universal & IOA the week of Christmas? I know that disney is jammed pack is universal the same would we be insane to visit that week?

Thanks for your Help

Spinky xx :kiss:

stevieg639

Well I cannot completely tell you the crowds for Christmas, however I can tell you that the crowed level for the 4th was very low. I was there the day after and the levels were nothing. Many things were at about a 15 min wait for many of the rides at about 4pm. At about 2pm Spiderman was 30, Jaws 30, MIB 20, Simpsons 30, Jimmy Neutron 45, Shrek 45. But at 4pm they went down tremendously and it was only July 5, including tour groups. So I do not think it could be that much more. Enjoy your trip.

kcnole

Universal doesn't get as crowded as say the MK, but its still probably the busiest time of the year for Universal. I always try and go the week after Christmas. That way I still get to enjoy all the Christmas stuff (Macy's parade, Grinchmas) for example, but I don't have to put up with the masses of humanity.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
What time are you referring to, the week before (Dec 21) or the week of (Dec 28)? You have a little more normalcy leading up to Christmas, as was said, Dec. 24 through the first will be peak.

As you had said that you hadn't been down that time of year, would you not consider some time at Disney? There are a lot of special offerings there, especially Epcot and MGM.

Alexx

We were in orlando from the 12th-27th and the crowds were low, times for rides were low, and we still got to see all the christmas decorations and stuff. Imo Christmas is an awesome time to go.:wave:

Spinky

Original Poster
Thankyou for all the replies :D

Were heading down to Orlando from the 13th to the 27th So we figure that as the crowd calander has disney at a low for the first week then all 10 for the actual week of Christmas (21st - 27th) then if the crowds wern't to bad at universal we would focus or efforts on there.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Thats correct. Your first week, probably up to the 22nd, 23 will be just fine with things getting just a bit more cozy after that. Getting to do all the things you want the first week and taking a more leisurely approach after is a good strategy.

Also remember, even with the crowds, if you are at the parks at opening, you have 2-3 hours of relative comfort before the masses descend.

krankenstein

It'll be crowded. I doubt you will have crowds on the same level as Disney, but you will still have a lot of people at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom