Universal has Chart on there website that compares them with WDW

radiohost

Original Poster
Just a thought....i know this topic is about universal.....but since its them comparing themselves with WDW, then i think its general discussion.....Have a great day.....Andrew

Since1976

Yeah, that kind of does sound like desperation. Like many Orlando visitors, I only go to Universal every other trip, just to cleanse my theme park palate...

Speaking of which, it's been a long while since I've heard of anything new and exciting coming out of Uni. I do hope Universal has big new attraction up its sleeve -- if only to keep Disney's Imagineers on its toes!

chrono2300

hmm

Islands Of Adventure is gonna be 10 years old soon, and they havent added any new attractions yet..

(i dont count that new ride in seuss landing since it was planned and scrapped continuously since the parks opening)

is there ANYTHING goin on in that park??

universal isnt gonna last unless they start making some adjustments..

poor guys.

typhoonguy

I thought the samething when I saw the Roller Coasters.

Is this a joke. They are weid over there.
Nothing new, this has been up for a while too. It's changed a bit here and there as well. It's really quite sad because they pick and choose exactly what they want instead of listing all the options. It does bring up a good thought though that a TRUE side-by-side would be interesting to see...

hokielutz

Yeah, it really is a lame comparison.

• Yes they have more pure roller coasters
  • Yes you can bring spot and scratches to their resort room (but who would want to stay in a resort room that may have a smell of pet wetting or animal dander?)
  • Yes you can get free no expiration and free univeral express
You know the first option might draw me there for one day and one night.... but we all know what Disney brings to the table in terms of their creativity, family atmosphere, diversity of attractions, cleanliness and friendly staff, etc...

I think, on this board, we bantered this chart around during the beginning of the year. One of our conclusions is this is how they believe they can best market themselves to the public. Try and be the Anti-Disney, but kinda like Disney park. But unfortunately their numbers between 2004 and 2005 went down, so they are due to look for another type of marketing campaign.

Also, its obvious they haven't updated it in a long time. Where is Everest??

SirGoofy

I get what they're trying to do here, but I find a lot of things funny here. Especially that the X-men, Spiderman, and the Incredible Hulk all came out 30-35 years before Toy Story and Monsters INC. But w/e, I like Uni, I just don't like how they advertise.

metscool

• Yes they have more pure roller coasters
  • Yes you can bring spot and scratches to their resort room (but who would want to stay in a resort room that may have a smell of pet wetting or animal dander?)
  • Yes you can get free no expiration and free univeral express
And they have a better hollween party.

metscool

well they ar getting rid Of Back ToThe Future for a new ride either Simpsons or Transformers apperantly.
So thats at least one new ride for 2007
When I heard from a friend at school that they are going to get rid of it I thought why are they getting rid of a classic like that. It is like Disney saying lets get rid of Space Mountain.

Mr Bill

When I heard from a friend at school that they are going to get rid of it I thought why are they getting rid of a classic like that. It is like Disney saying lets get rid of Space Mountain.
Space Mountain is not based upon anything in particular. Back to the Future is based of a movie, one that fewer younger people today have seen than those of ten years ago. Because Universal chooses to base so many of their rides off of movies that are popular at the time, their attractions have a shorter lifespan than those that are not based off of films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom