Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

Andrew25

I'd be cool for an all out space port kind of feel, but I also think multiple IPs could flesh out a full port. Does Uni have any other sci-fi that could be interesting in the same place as Star Trek? Picturing something like the best part of SWGE (Millennium Falcon sitting & humming out front an attraction).

What Tomorrowland could be with cool futuristic movies? lol
Universal does have a "Sci-Fi City" land at their Singapore park with Transformers and Battlestar Galactica attractions. You could also thrown in Terminator & Mad Max into possible IPs.

However, they really only have 2 plots of land that can handle a full land, and one of them is rumored to be saved for Lord of the Rings & Potter expansion.

The other plot of land (between SNW & Monsters) is rumored to hold Luigi's Mansion & either a mini-land or small Celestial Park expansion.

Honestly, just save any Sci-Fi IPs for USF's World Expo area as Men In Black can be tied to a Sci-Fi area.

WDWFREAK53

Universal does have a "Sci-Fi City" land at their Singapore park with Transformers and Battlestar Galactica attractions. You could also thrown in Terminator & Mad Max into possible IPs.

However, they really only have 2 plots of land that can handle a full land, and one of them is rumored to be saved for Lord of the Rings & Potter expansion.

The other plot of land (between SNW & Monsters) is rumored to hold Luigi's Mansion & either a mini-land or small Celestial Park expansion.

Honestly, just save any Sci-Fi IPs for USF's World Expo area as Men In Black can be tied to a Sci-Fi area.
Using the MIB theme, you could have a closed off area like Diagon where it looks like a normal city, but when you walk through MIB HQ, the alien world opens up.

EDIT: Not to mention, they could use Metroid.

some other guy

I'd be cool for an all out space port kind of feel, but I also think multiple IPs could flesh out a full port. Does Uni have any other sci-fi that could be interesting in the same place as Star Trek? Picturing something like the best part of SWGE (Millennium Falcon sitting & humming out front an attraction).

What Tomorrowland could be with cool futuristic movies? lol
Crazy Larry's Used Saucer Lot
counter-service with themed coverage for the seating area of various legacy "flying saucer" style spaceships, Forbidden Planet, Mars Attacks!, Day The Earth Stood Still, War Of The Worlds, etc

trr1

FYI
https://x.com/bioreconstruct

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

https://epicuniversesweepstakes.com
1726085268859.png

wdwfan4ver

I do know Celestial Park for sure is part of phase 2 expansion. I saying for sure due to construction for 2 dining locations is happening right now, but is not supposed to be done when Epic opens. Also I know that a special event stage is rumored for Celestial Park as part of Epic Universe's Phase 2 expansion.

trr1

This video by
@OrlandoParkStop
has the latest analysis of Epic Universe construction. Many details to see! Including additions of character and dragon figures, statues, signs, and more rich landscaping.
NEW VIDEO! Animatronics are showing up in multiple lands for Epic Universe, plus official details for the Harry Potter ride, new sign permit information and more!

JoeCamel

This video by
@OrlandoParkStop
has the latest analysis of Epic Universe construction. Many details to see! Including additions of character and dragon figures, statues, signs, and more rich landscaping.
NEW VIDEO! Animatronics are showing up in multiple lands for Epic Universe, plus official details for the Harry Potter ride, new sign permit information and more!

I have not kept up with the month to month progress other than seeing bio's pictures but Alicia pretty much explained the whole park for me in that video. I'll never see it but it is amazing what they have built

JoeCamel

Why not? Don’t travel to Orlando?
I have aged out of theme parks and for the cost I really don't want to travel to dead end hot Florida to give either Ccast or Bob any money. I've spent more time in the parks than 10 "normal" people so that will do me. If I were 30 years younger it was and would be totally different. For now this is my home park

2020-07-30 07.40.40.jpg
2020-07-30 10.46.19.jpg

Rich Brownn

I have aged out of theme parks and for the cost I really don't want to travel to dead end hot Florida to give either Ccast or Bob any money. I've spent more time in the parks than 10 "normal" people so that will do me. If I were 30 years younger it was and would be totally different. For now this is my home park

View attachment 817044View attachment 817045
How exactly does one "age out" of theme parks? I'm 70 and go weekly

JoeCamel

View attachment 817044View attachment 817045
I wanted to add that my park has a fall special that starts in about two weeks...
20221012_105841.jpg
20221012_110039.jpg

Also this was an overcast day, it really pops in the sun

Last edited:

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

A view from Destination Pwy with (left to right)• Stardust Racers• Cabana Bay Beach Resort• Epic Universe Team Member building• Aventura Hotel
1727121841212.png

Helios Grand Hotel in peak glow of sunrise. At #EpicUniverse
1727121869623.png

Belt of Venus descending on Epic Universe this morning.Earth's shadow is the dim blue at bottom of the sky. Belt of Venus is the pinkish glow of the Sun passing through Earth's atmosphere (in this viewpoint, over the Atlantic).Sunrise when Belt of Venus reaches the ground.
1727121892447.png

Sunrise reaching Epic Universe. Sun reflecting on the roof and windows of Helios Grand Hotel.
1727121914622.png

Star lights still on at sunrise at Stella Nova resort.
1727121939413.png

Star lights off at Terra Luna resort this morning.Stella Nova, at right, has star lights and many rooms with their lighting on.
1727121970771.png

Stella Nova resort at night, with pool lighting recently added on the right hand side.This captures what is seen of the resort from Universal Blvd. Star lights shining brighter than the room lights. The column of lighted windows at center is elevator lobbies.
1727121997483.png

Stella Nova resort at night, with pool lighting recently added on the right hand side.This is what cameras automatically see in the night view. Automatic exposure maximizing capture of available light.
1727122026890.png

Pool lighting on at Stella Nova resort at night.Ambient lighting on the colorful reflective tiles. with also some room lighting and the star lighting.This seems to capture what guests at the pool will see when the resort opens in January.
1727122069166.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom