Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

TalkToEthan

I would choose Helios over Royal because it is new(that means everything in it is new from linens to paint) but more importantly it is next to Epic—--the park that interests me.

djlaosc

I would choose Helios over Royal because it is new(that means everything in it is new from linens to paint) but more importantly it is next to Epic—--the park that interests me.
But that description also matches up with Stella Nova and Terra Luna - why would you pay potentially a lot more and choose Helios over them, if Helios doesn't provide any exclusive benefits?

TalkToEthan

Nova and Luna wont be as luxurious and they are not directly tangent to the park with exclusive entry like Helios, right? Or did I get that wrong?

If Nova and Luna have direct and dedicated access to Epic then you’re right. I’d likely put into one of those two instead.

lentesta

Premium Member
They may price Helios like Disney does: The closer and better access to a park the resort has, the more of a upcharge -- baked into the price -- there will be for that feature.

Agreed.

I will be shocked (shocked!) if Helios' like-for-like rooms are less expensive than Portofino / Royal Pacific / Hard Rock.

Also, I'm not sure I believe that park capacity is the reason why Helios is not getting Express Pass. It's 500 rooms, so 2,000 more guests, max, spread out over USF and IOA, and spread out over the course of a day. Wouldn't Early Entry also pose a similar problem where you've got a large number of guests in a tight time window at specific attractions?

This is just UOR removing the expectation of Express from on-site hotel stays, right?

DarkMetroid567

Also, I'm not sure I believe that park capacity is the reason why Helios is not getting Express Pass. It's 500 rooms, so 2,000 more guests, max, spread out over USF and IOA, and spread out over the course of a day. Wouldn't Early Entry also pose a similar problem where you've got a large number of guests in a tight time window at specific attractions?
Yeah, ditto on the capacity point, although I have no idea what the current Express numbers actually look like. You would think the existence of Epic is inherently going to pull would-be USF/IoA Express users away from those parks.
This is just UOR removing the expectation of Express from on-site hotel stays, right?
Probably? I could see UOR giving it to Helios if Helios doesn’t perform as expected.

bwr827

First pool slides and then the Express Pass. Some of you are giving it too much weight. Those features would never impact my decision on Helios or not.
Unlimited Express for every person in the room is a huge bonus of their current top 3 hotels.

To my mind, it’s an immediate $400-$800 impact per night if they drop the benefit. Because you get the passes on both your check-in day and checkout day.

TalkToEthan

To my mind, it’s an immediate $400-$800 impact per night
Only to the careless planners or those bent on showing up during crowded times or those confined(due to personal schedules) to busy days
And I’m sure to select others it’s worth $1000+ extra per night

to me it’s worth $10 per person per night, if that since I only go on quieter times.

ToTBellHop

I feel like that’s why they moved Sapphire into the same category, too. You can’t have just one top-tier hotel without.

They have been very aggressive with price increases at the Express resorts the last few years, so if they have to keep offering Express, they’ll make sure we pay a fortune for it. We stayed at HRH for Christmas 2021 and I’m shocked how much more it costs for Christmas 2025. But, when it’s busy and they want $300 per person, per day for Express Unlimited, I feel better paying $900/night at HRH for my family of 4. But, it is still crazy.

And people complain about paying $30 for LLs…

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel like that’s why they moved Sapphire into the same category, too. You can’t have just one top-tier hotel without.

They have been very aggressive with price increases at the Express resorts the last few years, so if they have to keep offering Express, they’ll make sure we pay a fortune for it. We stayed at HRH for Christmas 2021 and I’m shocked how much more it costs for Christmas 2025. But, when it’s busy and they want $300 per person, per day for Express Unlimited, I feel better paying $900/night at HRH for my family of 4. But, it is still crazy.

And people complain about paying $30 for LLs…
Oh, man. I'm gonna have to start having children to take advantage of that kind of pricing.

Haymarket

Is it likely that most children will enjoy Celestial Park?

It seems to lack the busyness and variety of a hub.

Celestial Park seems elegant and relaxing, and it has Stardust Racers, but there seems to be a lack of IP—even in its carousel, even original characters.

It seems to be one of those "it's for children to imagine their own adventure and magic" kind of environments—more Central Park than theme park, more Oslo than Orlando.

Even the Gardens of Imagination at Shanghai Disneyland has IP sprinkled around it, despite going for a similar peaceful and elegant feeling.

I see how it would appeal to adult theme park goers (no IP, refined aesthetics, beautiful landscaping and water features—peace, revitalization, etc.), but I can't imagine most children enjoying it.

Going from land to land requires walking relatively long distances through Celestial Park. Are kids going to be able to tolerate that kind of lull between lands?

I'm thinking that if it proves a turn-off they'll add some characters to the hub. Walkarounds, meet-and-greet areas, revising the rides to add some IP, etc.

Maybe they can plug-in some Pokemon characters or something like that at some point.

ueu-celestial-park-constellation-carousel-interior-render-b.png

Last edited:

Haymarket

………AND/OR the new and fresh that inspires

all these known IP’s had to start somewhere before they were household names, no?
Of course. It's like that Central Park/theme park and Oslo/Orlando concept I was going for.

I think they'll start revising Celestial Park soon after EU opens, plugging-in IP to better appeal to the refined sugar/Lunchables set.

Last edited:

JT3000

This thread took a weird turn from "Let's talk about the new park" to "Get off my lawn, you sniveling brats!"

I think the parks, Universal especially, should be applauded any time they do something without the inclusion of IPs. If anyone has a problem with it, they're simply not the target audience, although I'd like to think kids these days are more tolerant of creativity and original ideas than what's been portrayed thus far.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial overview of construction in Epic Universe. Seen from 1700 ft.Zoom into the trees in bottom center, and you might spot a train of Curse of the Werewolf roller coaster during ride testing. In Dark Universe.
1724706138925.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe, including the guest parking lot.
1724706165031.png

Aerial overview of the 5 full-size streets of Paris, plus an inner courtyard, in the Harry Potter world at Epic Universe.
1724706188674.png

Video: Aerial look at current Epic Universe construction.

Aerial photo of the 3 Universal resorts of Epic Universe. Stella Nova, Terra Luna, and Helios Grand Hotel.
1724706251817.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe from 1700 ft.One of the changes since aerial photos 2 days ago is the yellow/red canopy in Viking Training Camp. At the Isle of Berk, top right.
1724706350205.png

Aerial overview of the Epic Universe entrance areas.
1724706376505.png

Aerial photo of recently started construction of a service building in the Epic Universe Back of House.
1724706403014.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe. Aug 25, 2024This was a flight primarily for video. Changes since 2 days ago:• Canopy added in Viking Training Camp• Statue covered in Harry Potter world.• Roof starting for turret of Sacré-Cœur• Heavy rain added sand in many ponds
1724706444692.png

Aerial photo of working underway adding the base steel layer to the roof of a turret. A copy of a Sacré-Cœur turret that will be a backdrop to the Harry Potter world in Epic Universe.Seen in aerial photo two days earlier as just a frame.
1724706479101.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of a statue seen today covered, and as seen as a work in progress two days earlier. In the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe.
1724706544698.png
1724706557810.png

Aerial photo of the demolished former overpass of Sand Lake Rd at Kirkman Rd, and the new overpass.Kirkman Rd road bed at top left leads to Epic Universe.
1724706586130.png

Aerial photo of work at the portal of Epic Universe.
1724706618651.png

Aerial overview of two massive Universal warehouses in the Epic Universe Back of House at Sand Lake Rd. These warehouses support all of UOR, and have been active for many months.Show buildings for the Harry Potter world at top left.
1724706658929.png

Aerial photo of Constellation Carousel in Epic Universe.
1724706724877.png

Aug 23 aerial photo of site preparation starting on land South of Stella Nova resort.
1724706769892.png

Highlights of the Aug 23, 2024 aerial photo flight include• Much theming in the Isle of Berk• Frame for Bowser's nose• Statue and courtyard revealed in the Harry Potter world• Green added to stylized berm near Constellation Carousel• Splash pad has colorful pattern
1724706812807.png

Aug 16 photo of the construction of Universal Creative offices.
1724706862295.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom