Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

JT3000

If "Summer of 2025" is, let's say, June 1; then how many days is that?

Oh, look, it's in my signature!
Summer 2025 technically doesn't start until June 20th.

Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Jon81uk

We got a little confused here. Epic not having Express is not surprising. Helios not having Express, at all, is a little surprising.
I don’t think it’s surprising, the current parks can’t add yet more people with unlimited express pass without impacting the main queues or reducing the ability to sell express. The new park is unlikely to offer express for the foreseeable future. I would expect Helios to be priced accordingly, definitely more expensive than Sapphire Falls but likely lower than Portofino Bay due to no express pass.

DarkMetroid567

I don’t think it’s surprising, the current parks can’t add yet more people with unlimited express pass without impacting the main queues or reducing the ability to sell express. The new park is unlikely to offer express for the foreseeable future. I would expect Helios to be priced accordingly, definitely more expensive than Sapphire Falls but likely lower than Portofino Bay due to no express pass.
Perhaps I’m crazy, but I’d be really shocked to see Helios below Portofino considering the way that Universal is marketing the product. Maybe if Helios doesn’t perform too well in the long-run.

ToTBellHop

It should be lower than all three Express resorts. If Sapphire is $300/night and Royal Pacific is $600, this should be $450. But I bet they’ll go higher.

DarkMetroid567

They may price Helios like Disney does: The closer and better access to a park the resort has, the more of a upcharge -- baked into the price -- there will be for that feature.
They definitely will — but unlike the Disney resorts, guests will have a comparable amenity to consciously weigh against that convenience. A family of four is easily saving at least $300-400 by choosing an Express hotel, so they’ll have to ask if giving that up is worth the close proximity to Epic.

djlaosc

They definitely will — but unlike the Disney resorts, guests will have a comparable amenity to consciously weigh against that convenience. A family of four is easily saving at least $300-400 by choosing an Express hotel, so they’ll have to ask if giving that up is worth the close proximity to Epic.

That's going to be the issue with this hotel. Depending on the aim of your holiday (Epic only or USF/IOA/VB/EU), depending on price, if Helios does not have express pass, or an exclusive benefit you can't get from a different hotel, if you are just wanting a standard hotel room (not club level, or a suite):

• Terra Luna and Stella Nova will give the same walkable access, for potentially a lot less $$$ (for a little more walking time)
  • Sapphire Falls is walkable to two theme parks, instead of one (if you are planning to visit all 3, then bus needed to 1 park instead of 2), if no express pass at either.
  • If you're a big family, Cabana Bay family suites will fit more than a standard hotel room (1 family suite sleeps 6 instead of needing 2 rooms)
  • If a bigger party, and you wanted Express Pass for the other parks, cheaper to stay at RPR/HRH/PB, than stay at Helios and buy Express Pass.
  • If a smaller party, and you wanted to buy Express Pass, staying at Endless Summer/Cabana Bay/Aventura and buying Express pass would work out cheaper than buying them at Helios.
Will it be nice to stay at? Yes
Would it be nice to have that view? Yes
If no express pass, or exclusive benefit, is it all going to come down to cost? Probably...

bwr827

That's going to be the issue with this hotel. Depending on the aim of your holiday (Epic only or USF/IOA/VB/EU), depending on price, if Helios does not have express pass, or an exclusive benefit you can't get from a different hotel, if you are just wanting a standard hotel room (not club level, or a suite):

• Terra Luna and Stella Nova will give the same walkable access, for potentially a lot less $$$ (for a little more walking time)
  • Sapphire Falls is walkable to two theme parks, instead of one (if you are planning to visit all 3, then bus needed to 1 park instead of 2), if no express pass at either.
  • If you're a big family, Cabana Bay family suites will fit more than a standard hotel room (1 family suite sleeps 6 instead of needing 2 rooms)
  • If a bigger party, and you wanted Express Pass for the other parks, cheaper to stay at RPR/HRH/PB, than stay at Helios and buy Express Pass.
  • If a smaller party, and you wanted to buy Express Pass, staying at Endless Summer/Cabana Bay/Aventura and buying Express pass would work out cheaper than buying them at Helios.
Will it be nice to stay at? Yes
Would it be nice to have that view? Yes
If no express pass, or exclusive benefit, is it all going to come down to cost? Probably...
You’ve nailed the analysis. Helios needs at least one key exclusive benefit.

TalkToEthan

First pool slides and then the Express Pass. Some of you are giving it too much weight. Those features would never impact my decision on Helios or not.

ToTBellHop

Just saw some aerials of Berk and, I have to say, the level of detail looks amazing. I’m no HtTyD fan, but this area should be visually-impressive. Actually, all four lands look like a feast for the eyes.

When are we booking hotel stays? We went with December 2025 to ensure it’s open. Wife and I are teachers and I’m not confident enough on August to book it.

DarkMetroid567

First pool slides and then the Express Pass. Some of you are giving it too much weight. Those features would never impact my decision on Helios or not.
Pool slides are one thing, but Express has been the defining characteristic for choosing one of the Premier hotels.

It’s definitely not a big deal for people who don’t actually care about Express (like me) or people who are willing to spend a pretty penny for a luxury experience, but it doesn’t really look like Helios is accomplishing the latter either.

DarkMetroid567

Just saw some aerials of Berk and, I have to say, the level of detail looks amazing. I’m no HtTyD fan, but this area should be visually-impressive. Actually, all four lands look like a feast for the eyes.

When are we booking hotel stays? We went with December 2025 to ensure it’s open. Wife and I are teachers and I’m not confident enough on August to book it.
Berk and Celestial Park are my most awaited lands, visually speaking!

Personally not playing the guessing game until official dates come out, but I know that many don’t have the ability to plan their vacations that late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom