Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

Andrew25

Couple notes...

On the discussion of choosing Paris/Fantastic Beasts... where else in the Wizarding World could they base an entire land? Universal will have 3 of the most memorable locations from the films at their resort with the Ministry of Magic... the Parisian area is just an added bonus.

On the land only having one ride... sure it's just one ride, but it's at the scale of Rise of the Resistance. Don't forget the stage show that is just as equivalent as a D-ticket.

We can argue over every single detail, but as long as the land has a great ride, entertainment, food & beverage and retail... nobody will bat an eye on any storyline issues.

J4546

the ride carts look like you are walled in and can only focus in one direction instead of looking all around you like rise/spiderman....I dunno how I feel about that. Im still on the fence after the "meh" that is Gringotts imo. Park still looks cool though and Ill def go when it opens

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
On the discussion of choosing Paris/Fantastic Beasts... where else in the Wizarding World could they base an entire land? Universal will have 3 of the most memorable locations from the films at their resort with the Ministry of Magic... the Parisian area is just an added bonus.

Agreed. With regards to external locations, they already checked the boxes with Hogsmeade (and Hogwarts) and Diagon Alley (and really knocked it out of the park with both) and I'm not sure what other major external locations they could cover (maybe Shrieking Shack? Weasley's House?). Now, it just comes down to internal locations and Ministry of Magic is something I think a LOT of people will be very interested in seeing! The other would be the Great Hall at Hogwarts (and that is already rumored for Phase II).

sonoma15

the ride carts look like you are walled in and can only focus in one direction instead of looking all around you like rise/spiderman....I dunno how I feel about that. Im still on the fence after the "meh" that is Gringotts imo. Park still looks cool though and Ill def go when it opens
The Spiderman vehicles already have large walls that direct your vision too. Only difference it seems with these are having a roof.

Andrew25

Agreed. With regards to external locations, they already checked the boxes with Hogsmeade (and Hogwarts) and Diagon Alley (and really knocked it out of the park with both) and I'm not sure what other major external locations they could cover (maybe Shrieking Shack? Weasley's House?). Now, it just comes down to internal locations and Ministry of Magic is something I think a LOT of people will be very interested in seeing! The other would be the Great Hall at Hogwarts (and that is already rumored for Phase II).
Agree - sure it's "odd" to stick it here, but I'd rather have it this way than nothing at all. There's no space next to Diagon Alley where they can fit this massive building unfortunately.

BrianLo

I’m as cynical as the rest of them, but this land pleases me greatly. It may be the less Iconic of the lot, but it’s also an evolution of the lessons they’ve learned in the ramp up. It should be the best of the lands, even if it’s the least of the iconography.

Honestly, no complaints on the interactive component. I finally feel like it has hit a critical mass that yes, if you are doing all three parks, an interactive wand is probably worth it. The Super Nintendo bands are currently a bit more of a money grab.

In the grand scheme of the other cut ride versus the show, I’m actually quite glad the show survived. Ya, there’s a nitpick here and there on Epic, it was never going to be a ‘perfect day one park’. Sure, I’d like a second potter ride, a Monsters show and a Luigi’s Mansion E ticket. But the park feels quite balanced. Which is something the other two parks have a hard time claiming right now.

I guess my real nitpick is, if you are afraid enough to cap capacity on this park, why did you make cuts to the lineup to support more capacity?

BrianLo

Agree - sure it's "odd" to stick it here, but I'd rather have it this way than nothing at all. There's no space next to Diagon Alley where they can fit this massive building unfortunately.

Maybe someone can establish otherwise, but I thought this attraction was quite literally planned for and subsequently lifted out of the Fear Factor plot. Epic is in part made up of cancelled expansions for USF.

Mike S

I’m as cynical as the rest of them, but this land pleases me greatly. It may be the less Iconic of the lot, but it’s also an evolution of the lessons they’ve learned in the ramp up. It should be the best of the lands, even if it’s the least of the iconography.

Honestly, no complaints on the interactive component. I finally feel like it has hit a critical mass that yes, if you are doing all three parks, an interactive wand is probably worth it. The Super Nintendo bands are currently a bit more of a money grab.

In the grand scheme of the other cut ride versus the show, I’m actually quite glad the show survived. Ya, there’s a nitpick here and there on Epic, it was never going to be a ‘perfect day one park’. Sure, I’d like a second potter ride, a Monsters show and a Luigi’s Mansion E ticket. But the park feels quite balanced. Which is something the other two parks have a hard time claiming right now.

I guess my real nitpick is, if you are afraid enough to cap capacity on this park, why did you make cuts to the lineup to support more capacity?
Luigi’s Mansion is rumored to be one of the parks first expansions.

BrianLo

Luigi’s Mansion is rumored to be one of the parks first expansions.

I just meant as an opening day attraction. I think they know Super Nintendo world is a little underbuilt. I’m very glad the rest of the park is original, but there was no reason for them to stick to Osaka’s space limitations in a white space, ground up park.

Clearly they now realize that and are rushing Luigi’s. Which I agree with them, I think that’s probably the highest priority part of the park that needs an immediate expansion. They went wild with the scaling on Potter by contrast and underestimated Nintendo.

Andrew25

Maybe someone can establish otherwise, but I thought this attraction was quite literally planned for and subsequently lifted out of the Fear Factor plot. Epic is in part made up of cancelled expansions for USF.
It was a very different version which was more vertical and screen based. This is a massive Rise of the Resistance style experience with large scenes that definitely doesn't fit inside the FFL. We're talking about the largest show building Universal has create to date.

J4546

I just meant as an opening day attraction. I think they know Super Nintendo world is a little underbuilt. I’m very glad the rest of the park is original, but there was no reason for them to stick to Osaka’s space limitations in a white space, ground up park.

Clearly they now realize that and are rushing Luigi’s. Which I agree with them, I think that’s probably the highest priority part of the park that needs an immediate expansion. They went wild with the scaling on Potter by contrast and underestimated Nintendo.
I def agree, they really should made Nintendo World in EU much bigger and better than the others since its a new build

Disney Analyst

As someone who only knew about Paris and Ministry of Magic being involved... I am IMPRESSED.

This land looks stunning! Full scale 1920's Paris?! Heck yes I want to go there!

Enter the floo network? HECK YES I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT!!

Enter the full scale MoM Atrium?? AHHHHH

Get on a multidirectional Elevator like in the movies, which appears to behave very similarly and gives fans a dream come true, because we've all always wanted to enter one of those elevators?? FOR THE TRIALS OF THE VILE HATED UMBRIDGE?! (I am now dead)

Mike S

As far as I’ve been following this one reason is that there was a period where they were going back and forth on SNW going into KidZone vs. Epic and only a direct copy of Osaka would’ve actually fit in KidZone. Once that decision was made they couldn’t really change it to take advantage of more space.

BrianLo

It was a very different version which was more vertical and screen based. This is a massive Rise of the Resistance style experience with large scenes that definitely doesn't fit inside the FFL. We're talking about the largest show building Universal has create to date.

Yes sorry, you are right. Realistically only 2 acres or so in USF and MoM is 3.

Disney Analyst

Now that I've consoled myself.

I think they heard the complains about Gringotts, and hopefully this elevator ride feels very true to the movies, and the experience many of us wished we could have when we saw those in the films, and read about them in the books. I know so many of us dreamt of hopping on board and zipping through the MoM.

This was the failing of Gringotts, all we wanted was a mine cart rollercoaster through the depths of the bank. Universal failed to deliver on the expectations of everyone, and what we all really wanted.

Wendy Pleakley

Now that I've consoled myself.

I think they heard the complains about Gringotts, and hopefully this elevator ride feels very true to the movies, and the experience many of us wished we could have when we saw those in the films, and read about them in the books. I know so many of us dreamt of hopping on board and zipping through the MoM.

This was the failing of Gringotts, all we wanted was a mine cart rollercoaster through the depths of the bank. Universal failed to deliver on the expectations of everyone, and what we all really wanted.

Yep.

I think they ultimately didn't have enough space.

The full creative power of Universal with enough land to realize their visions, should be very impressive.

TalkToEthan

Why are you obsessing over two things that aren’t the main draw of this land?

…..obviously hung over from arguing Disney(Star Wars) vs Universal(Potter) in another thread, no?

as indicated by picking something so inconsequential(wand and butter beer) on a grand reveal instead of focusing on the Potter main E ticket and general land theme.

crispy

As someone who only knew about Paris and Ministry of Magic being involved... I am IMPRESSED.

This land looks stunning! Full scale 1920's Paris?! Heck yes I want to go there!

Enter the floo network? HECK YES I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT!!

Enter the full scale MoM Atrium?? AHHHHH

Get on a multidirectional Elevator like in the movies, which appears to behave very similarly and gives fans a dream come true, because we've all always wanted to enter one of those elevators?? FOR THE TRIALS OF THE VILE HATED UMBRIDGE?! (I am now dead)
The 18-year-old daughter was dying at the floo network. I think she is anticipating that the most.

I am actually looking forward to the cirque show. I think that's an element that is missing from the other Universal Parks, and I just love a good show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom