Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

TalkToEthan

Should offer a beautiful view in the distance of homeless people breaking into cars.

The only concentration of homeless people in the general Orlando area is downtown/Lake Eola—— which is miles away. I don’t think the Epic area(I-Drive, Sand Lake or the 528 zone) sees much homeless. However one is inclined to see select and repeatables with small families stationed at key intersections typically close to Highway 4

wdwfan4ver

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but has Universal gotten down to any of the "nitty gritty"
details like transportation from hotels and between parks? Will any of the hotels include express
pass?
Express Pass for Epic Universe is likely not going to happen before 2027. I know Universal does not like to give new attractions a Express Pass option when a new attraction opens.

Misted Compass

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but has Universal gotten down to any of the "nitty gritty"
details like transportation from hotels and between parks? Will any of the hotels include express
pass?
I have seen this image floating around but not sure where it's from.
orlrescat.png

WDWFREAK53

You can walk to IoA and USF from Aventura and Cabana. It's a hike, tho.

I'd be very surprised if you can't walk to EU from Terra Luna.

I'd be surprised if Helios doesn't give guests Express Pass to IoA and USF.
While I tend to agree, doing that may flood the system to the point that they need to cut back on non-resort stay Express Pass sales.
People will book Helios because it's new. No monetary gain for that perk, whereas the non-resort Express Pass is just added cashflow.

EDIT: Once Epic Universe gets Express, Helios will be able to be brought on-board due to the added Express capacity.

JoeCamel

Did you really think I was talking about an expedition through virgin forest?

Also...

View attachment 802941
Google is bad wrong, must have the pace of a tourist

For the advanced crew you get across the road if starting at CBBR then through Sapphire (mandatory Strongwater stop if open) then go to the right of the water from the boat dock and through the RPR convention space to it's entrance and pick up the walking path there. Saves about 1/3 the distance.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Google is bad wrong, must have the pace of a tourist
It's still about a mile. Same distance from the DHS gate to Epcot on foot. Same distance as from Epcot bus drop-off to American Adventure.

In Florida heat and humidity... it's a hike.

I often take the foot path rationalizing it's "exercise." But for those with mobility issues or with small children, it can be quite hike-ish.

Andrew25

Calling the garden walks at UOR a hike is hilarious. You do more walking in 30 minutes at the park than the garden walk. It's also heavily landscaped and mostly shaded. There are times you forget you are only a mere few feet away from the street.

In terms of walkability at the Epic/south campus, I'd imagine a walking bridge is a phase 2 project whenever they finalize what to do long-term at the resort. Universal understand how crucial it is to have a "compact" resort that is easily walkable.

JoeCamel

It's still about a mile. Same distance from the DHS gate to Epcot on foot. Same distance as from Epcot bus drop-off to American Adventure.

In Florida heat and humidity... it's a hike.

I often take the foot path rationalizing it's "exercise." But for those with mobility issues or with small children, it can be quite hike-ish.
If you are going to a theme park and can't walk 15 minutes outside........

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Calling the garden walks at UOR a hike is hilarious. You do more walking in 30 minutes at the park than the garden walk. It's also heavily landscaped and mostly shaded. There are times you forget you are only a mere few feet away from the street.

In terms of walkability at the Epic/south campus, I'd imagine a walking bridge is a phase 2 project whenever they finalize what to do long-term at the resort. Universal understand how crucial it is to have a "compact" resort that is easily walkable.

If you are going to a theme park and can't walk 15 minutes outside........

🙄

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
For those with children and mobility issues, Universal provides fantastic and quick bus service that gets you to the bus hub in ~8 minutes. The walk from the Grand Flo to MK is shorter yet a more miserable walk in the sun with no shade.
I said I take the path. I walk it. I know it. I'm not decrying it as too long or too burdensome for me.

I don't know what you think you're arguing against, but it's not me or anything I said.

Good day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom