Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

Stripes

Premium Member
So when you said "insiders" you meant people who don't post here and your example of an unfulfilled promise is a park that hasn't opened yet?
:rolleyes: Andy is an "insider". Ask Disneyhead. And the Beijing park is kinda what we were talking about...so that's just one example I used. There are plenty. From F&F being plussed and even two-stories, to Kong having massive sets and all sorts of exaggerations. You can look at the boards here and IU when WDW1974 reported what has come to fruition. Denial as far as the eye can see.

Lintemuthstudios

It's a copy, paste, and cut job. Most (if no ALL) live entertainment actors have been cut from WDW's SWGE. They will, to my knowledge, still be implemented at DLR. There will be 90% less of the "immersive" stuff that WDI has been shrilling for years at WDW's SWGE.

Alright, this is the first time I’m hearing about this. Care to explain?

JT3000

Have you been on FoP? The entire implementation is better than any media attraction ever made. Bar none. And yes, the ride system is incredibly innovative, utilizing vertical drops as well as pitch and roll. On top of the perfectionist use of water sprays and inflatable breathing sensations. It took virtual reality experiences to a whole new level.

OUf93cy.jpg

Yeah, I think we're gonna have to agree to disagree here. Anyway, we can't really judge them at all since they aren't even finished yet.

Why didn't you use this logic in the first place? Before hyping up all of the Star Wars attractions you've yet to ride as the greatest thing since sliced bread?

Stripes

Premium Member
OUf93cy.jpg

Why didn't you use this logic in the first place? Before hyping up all of the Star Wars attractions you've yet to ride as the greatest thing since sliced bread?
Everything I said was point blank fact. Disagree on innovative if you want, but the ride system was the first of its kind and the best implemented ride system since FJ. That last bit is opinion though.

Regarding the SWGE E-tickets, maybe because they deserve to be hyped given what has been released about them already. If the new HP coaster was going to be anything special, Universal would be hyping it like no tomorrow. Instead, we’ve heard nothing from UNI, and relying on insiders for any info. Further, minus a meager drop track this coaster is bringing nothing remotely new to Orlando. I just find it extremely hard to get hyped about it. Especially considering just how unambitious it appears to be in construction photos.

imperius

Everything I said was point blank fact. Disagree on innovative if you want, but the ride system was the first of its kind and the best implemented ride system since FJ. That last bit is opinion though.

Regarding the SWGE E-tickets, maybe because they deserve to be hyped given what has been released about them already. If the new HP coaster was going to be anything special, Universal would be hyping it like no tomorrow. Instead, we’ve heard nothing from UNI, and relying on insiders for any info. Further, minus a meager drop track this coaster is bringing nothing remotely new to Orlando. I just find it extremely hard to get hyped about it. Especially considering just how unambitious it appears to be in construction photos.
:rolleyes:

Such dumb reasoning in this post. Universal doesn’t announce anything early where as Disney announces everything 4 years from now including pay raises for God’s sake. So that means the coaster isn’t anything special. Dumb.

Last edited:

JT3000

Everything I said was point blank fact.

lol

Regarding the SWGE E-tickets, maybe because they deserve to be hyped given what has been released about them already. If the new HP coaster was going to be anything special, Universal would be hyping it like no tomorrow. Instead, we’ve heard nothing from UNI, and relying on insiders for any info.

How much did you know about Forbidden Journey when it was first announced? Was it hyped like no tomorrow? No, because that's not how Universal does things.

Further, minus a meager drop track this coaster is bringing nothing remotely new to Orlando. I just find it extremely hard to get hyped about it. Especially considering just how unambitious it appears to be in construction photos.

So the coaster's drop track is meager but a simulator that does typical simulator things is incredibly innovative. Hmm...

Stripes

Premium Member
lol

How much did you know about Forbidden Journey when it was first announced? Was it hyped like no tomorrow? No, because that's not how Universal does things.

So the coaster's drop track is meager but a simulator that does typical simulator things is incredibly innovative. Hmm...
Remember the Kong videos that might as well had a sitcom budget? They hyped that baby like nothing else. Gringotts too, videos from Woodbury and co were nonstop. This number was out in May 2015, more than a year before opening, not to mention the renderings we got: . The coaster is less than a year from opening. It has not “just been announced” as you put it. If it was anything special we should have, at the very least, a rendering or two by now. This is when people start booking vacations for next year. UNI knows this. They’re not complete morons.

Coaster drop tracks are featured on six coasters at standard amusement parks around the world. Nothing new. Thirteen at Alton Towers opened in 2010, nearly a decade before this one will. FOP’s ride system is NOT a standard pitch-roll simulator. It takes a lot of engineering to develop a ride system that can handle the forces put on those motion bases when it moves vertically so quickly. I would know.
:rolleyes:

Such dumb reasoning in this post. Universal doesn’t announce anything early where as Disney announces everything 4 years from now including pay raises for God’s sake. So that means the coaster isn’t anything special. Dumb.
Another apologist it seems. Welcome to the club! And please, refrain from insults. It’s an intellectually dishonest debate tactic.

Last edited:

imperius

Remember the Kong videos that might as well had a sitcom budget? They hyped that baby like nothing else. Gringotts too, videos from Woodbury and co were nonstop. This number was out in May 2015, more than a year before opening, not to mention the renderings we got: . The coaster is less than a year from opening. It has not “just been announced” as you put it. If it was anything special we should have, at the very least, a rendering or two by now. This is when people start booking vacations for next year. UNI knows this. They’re not complete morons.

Coaster drop tracks are featured on six coasters at standard amusement parks around the world. Nothing new. Thirteen at Alton Towers opened in 2010, nearly a decade before this one will. FOP’s ride system is NOT a standard pitch-roll simulator. It takes a lot of engineering to develop a ride system that can handle the forces put on those motion bases when it moves vertically so quickly. I would know.

Another apologist it seems. Welcome to the club! And please, refrain from insults. It’s an intellectually dishonest debate tactic.

No thanks. It was a dumb post.

Disneyhead'71

How many Motorbike Coasters in Orlando have 5 launches, multiple show scenes with AAs, a zero g rollback in the dark, and a backwards section into a drop track?

imperius

How many Motorbike Coasters in Orlando have 5 launches, multiple show scenes with AAs, a zero g rollback in the dark, and a backwards section into a drop track?
The ride will be crap. Universal hasn’t said anything about it. So that means it’s crap. It’s not like the greatness that is Disney who shouts from the rooftops how amazing Toy story Land is with a kiddie coaster and a simple spinner. That’s where the real greatness is.

Stripes

Premium Member
We've already been through this. There have been several confirmations from the best insider on this project (Alicia Stella) that this is NOT a motorbike coaster.

Lintemuthstudios

We've already been through this. There have been several confirmations from the best insider on this project (Alicia Stella) that this is NOT a motorbike coaster.

I believe someone posted an Intamin coaster chart on IU that confirmed that this was a motorbike coaster. But it can’t be your traditional motorbike coaster style either, because that couldn’t go backwards without being super uncomfortable.

Anyways, can we get back on topic? This argument should be in a separate thread.

Disneyhead'71

Here is the import log for this coaster. Alicia's info is good, but I'll take Intamin's word on this one.
Screenshot_2018-09-23-11-29-46_2.png

Although, I do believe that it will have more traditional seating with a lapbar similar to the motorbike coaster at SeaWorld San Antonio.

ImageResizer.ashx

Last edited:

Stripes

Premium Member
Here is the import log for this coaster. Alicia's info is good, but I'll take Intamin's word on this one.
Screenshot_2018-09-23-11-29-46_2.png

Although, I do believe that it will have more tradition seating with a lapbar similar to the motorbike coaster at SeaWorld San Antonio.

ImageResizer.ashx
That's import data. First, that could be any coaster in the US. Second, Intamin doesn't even have a motorcoaster designation, meaning that is likely their go-to word for all of their imports. You'll notice it says "motorcoaster" not "motorbike coaster".

I'm gonna leave this as a rebuttal (Not a credible source, but everything checks out in the comment. Instead of just copying and posting I thought I'd give the poster their credit.): http://forums.insideuniversal.net/t...rience-speculation.12066/page-222#post-664503

Anyway, I'm gonna drop out here. It's been a good debate everyone!

Tom Morrow

Flight of Passage is what you get when the attraction design team decides to avoid every single theme park cliche, and the attraction is excellent for it. It might not be the most technologically advanced ride system ever made, but that isn't everything. It is, by a wide margin, the absolute best theater-style simulator attraction, at minimum.

If Universal had designed it, your actual rite of passage flight would be instantly cut short because, oh no, something went wrong and we have to do X! Hurry! Bombastic chaos!

GLaDOS

If Universal had designed it, your actual rite of passage flight would be instantly cut short because, oh no, something went wrong and we have to do X! Hurry! Bombastic chaos!

I'd rather have bombastic chaos than the monotonous boredom Flight of Passage offers

EDIT: Also, people here to be way more interested in "innovative" than "fun". I couldn't care less if there's nothing "innovative" in the new Potter coaster. It's going to completely kick and be one of the best rides in Orlando. Haunted Mansion is 50 years old and is still the best ride ever created.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom