Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens May 22 2025

JoeCamel

I agree! Disney is silly for not running more busses and having more drivers. The system works, and it can work amazingly well, they just have to staff it properly. They have the means to fix all their issues with transportation over night, they just choose not to.
WDW is currently hosting job fairs and one of the categories wanted is bus drivers. I think if you have a CDL with people endorsement you will never go hungry in Orlando.

bhg469

WDW is currently hosting job fairs and one of the categories wanted is bus drivers. I think if you have a CDL with people endorsement you will never go hungry in Orlando.
Makes me wonder if they just have a hard time keeping drives because they dont pay well, or the drives feel like they're not given the tools to perform. If you ask me, outside looking in, if I was a driver, i wouldnt look forward to forcing very tired people to overstuff busses. I imagine the drivers get more flack than guest services staff.

JoeCamel

Makes me wonder if they just have a hard time keeping drives because they dont pay well, or the drives feel like they're not given the tools to perform. If you ask me, outside looking in, if I was a driver, i wouldnt look forward to forcing very tired people to overstuff busses. I imagine the drivers get more flack than guest services staff.
But they get the perk of all that cool inside info......

TwilightZone

I don't know that you're right here. Marni seemed to suggest there was something interesting being discussed, and it wasn't busses and it definitely wasn't gondolas
Ya hate to be self promotional but check out the rumor and timeline thread I made. If any transportation things pop up I'll put it there.
Keep in mind it's also a possibility that there will be no transportation at all.

Stripes

Premium Member
Can you post the layout on here? I’m curious as to what it looked like.
I don't have a map but I have a description. Basically I was told that the 3rd DLR gate was/is conceptualized as a theme park with multiple lands, but with a twist, the theme park would be in the middle and surrounded by themed hotels with direct access to the park. Each land would have its own themed hotel on the outskirts of the land. This would remove the need to build a berm, while, of course, maximizing profit on a massive scale.

The idea was to finally take DLR to a WDW-level resort with a massive expansion of on-site resort hotels. I have no idea if the idea is still alive at all. I was told Disney wants to build a 3rd DLR gate, but some of the political issues may be affecting their long-term decisions.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I don't have a map but I have a description. Basically I was told that the 3rd DLR gate was/is conceptualized as a theme park with multiple lands, but with a twist, the theme park would be in the middle and surrounded by themed hotels with direct access to the park. Each land would have its own themed hotel on the outskirts of the land. This would remove the need to build a berm, while, of course, maximizing profit on a massive scale.

The idea was to finally take DLR to a WDW-level resort with a massive expansion of on-site resort hotels. I have no idea if the idea is still alive at all. I was told Disney wants to build a 3rd DLR gate, but some of the political issues may be affecting their long-term decisions.
That concept comes from WestCOT’s Four Corners of the World. The Toy Story Parking Lot is not a very big site.

Lintemuthstudios

That layout is a great idea - for Disney. It could never work at Universal due to the IP’s being used and the amount of areas/lands.

A few users brought this idea up over on IU, that all the lands would be connected to the hub Diagon-Alley-style. One way in, one way out, each land connects back to the hub but not to another land. It allows for full immersion.

To be honest, that sounds like a crowding nightmare to me, but I can see why Universal would want to do it.

matt9112

We always knew the first gate in Beijing was going to be a greatest hit park. The 2nd gate is where most of the new original stuff will be.

For the 3rd dry park in Orlando, we will be getting JW and Kung Fu Panda from Beijing.

As far a FORREC, they do some great work like The Port of Entry at IOA. And some pretty blah stuff like Canada's Wonderland. But I believe Thinkwell is doing most of the heavy lifting for Orlando's new park.

long term do we keep JW and JP than? at both parks?

Casper Gutman

That layout is a great idea - for Disney. It could never work at Universal due to the IP’s being used and the amount of areas/lands.

A few users brought this idea up over on IU, that all the lands would be connected to the hub Diagon-Alley-style. One way in, one way out, each land connects back to the hub but not to another land. It allows for full immersion.

To be honest, that sounds like a crowding nightmare to me, but I can see why Universal would want to do it.
Of course it can work for Uni. Jurassic World, HP, and Despicable Me could all be tremendously attractive hotels. So could Universal monsters. DreamWorks offers a plethora of possibilities - a Kung Fu Panda hotel would be both awesome and unique. And if Uni were to get Star Trek or LotR...

Honestly, the IPs don’t even matter that much. It’s a themed resort with direct park access - that’s all you need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom