Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Haymarket

………AND/OR the new and fresh that inspires

all these known IP’s had to start somewhere before they were household names, no?
Of course. It's like that Central Park/theme park and Oslo/Orlando concept I was going for.

I think they'll start revising Celestial Park soon after EU opens, plugging-in IP to better appeal to the refined sugar/Lunchables set.

Last edited:

JT3000

This thread took a weird turn from "Let's talk about the new park" to "Get off my lawn, you sniveling brats!"

I think the parks, Universal especially, should be applauded any time they do something without the inclusion of IPs. If anyone has a problem with it, they're simply not the target audience, although I'd like to think kids these days are more tolerant of creativity and original ideas than what's been portrayed thus far.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial overview of construction in Epic Universe. Seen from 1700 ft.Zoom into the trees in bottom center, and you might spot a train of Curse of the Werewolf roller coaster during ride testing. In Dark Universe.
1724706138925.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe, including the guest parking lot.
1724706165031.png

Aerial overview of the 5 full-size streets of Paris, plus an inner courtyard, in the Harry Potter world at Epic Universe.
1724706188674.png

Video: Aerial look at current Epic Universe construction.

Aerial photo of the 3 Universal resorts of Epic Universe. Stella Nova, Terra Luna, and Helios Grand Hotel.
1724706251817.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe from 1700 ft.One of the changes since aerial photos 2 days ago is the yellow/red canopy in Viking Training Camp. At the Isle of Berk, top right.
1724706350205.png

Aerial overview of the Epic Universe entrance areas.
1724706376505.png

Aerial photo of recently started construction of a service building in the Epic Universe Back of House.
1724706403014.png

Aerial overview of Epic Universe. Aug 25, 2024This was a flight primarily for video. Changes since 2 days ago:• Canopy added in Viking Training Camp• Statue covered in Harry Potter world.• Roof starting for turret of Sacré-Cœur• Heavy rain added sand in many ponds
1724706444692.png

Aerial photo of working underway adding the base steel layer to the roof of a turret. A copy of a Sacré-Cœur turret that will be a backdrop to the Harry Potter world in Epic Universe.Seen in aerial photo two days earlier as just a frame.
1724706479101.png

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Aerial photo of a statue seen today covered, and as seen as a work in progress two days earlier. In the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Epic Universe.
1724706544698.png
1724706557810.png

Aerial photo of the demolished former overpass of Sand Lake Rd at Kirkman Rd, and the new overpass.Kirkman Rd road bed at top left leads to Epic Universe.
1724706586130.png

Aerial photo of work at the portal of Epic Universe.
1724706618651.png

Aerial overview of two massive Universal warehouses in the Epic Universe Back of House at Sand Lake Rd. These warehouses support all of UOR, and have been active for many months.Show buildings for the Harry Potter world at top left.
1724706658929.png

Aerial photo of Constellation Carousel in Epic Universe.
1724706724877.png

Aug 23 aerial photo of site preparation starting on land South of Stella Nova resort.
1724706769892.png

Highlights of the Aug 23, 2024 aerial photo flight include• Much theming in the Isle of Berk• Frame for Bowser's nose• Statue and courtyard revealed in the Harry Potter world• Green added to stylized berm near Constellation Carousel• Splash pad has colorful pattern
1724706812807.png

Aug 16 photo of the construction of Universal Creative offices.
1724706862295.png

wdwfan4ver

I think they'll start revising Celestial Park soon after EU opens, plugging-in IP to better appeal to the refined sugar/Lunchables set.
Celestial Park does have a store based on IP. What I mean by that is that land is opening up with a Nintendo Store.

If you want attractions in Celestial Park to be IP based, that is not going happened for many years. The only way Celestial Park gets replaced right away is if the land has Superstar Limo type attractions and I don't any quality issues at all for the 2 rides. I think Stardust Racers is going to be a big hit as a coaster despite not having an IP.

Universal's priority in Orlando after EU opens is get phase 2 of Epic Universe done and work on USF. Universal doing a revise of Celestial Park is not happening as a result. I know there is at least 3 or 4 things that are known for Epic Universe phase 2.

Haymarket

Celestial Park does have a store based on IP. What I mean by that is that land is opening up with a Nintendo Store.

If you want attractions in Celestial Park to be IP based, that is not going happened for many years. The only way Celestial Park gets replaced right away is if the land has Superstar Limo type attractions and I don't any quality issues at all for the 2 rides. I think Stardust Racers is going to be a big hit as a coaster despite not having an IP.

Universal's priority in Orlando after EU opens is get phase 2 of Epic Universe done and work on USF. Universal doing a revise of Celestial Park is not happening as a result. I know there is at least 3 or 4 things that are known for Epic Universe phase 2.
So if Celestial Park drags down attendance and surveys indicate that the reason is its lack of IP to satiate children, they're not going to do anything about it until after phase 2?

Jon81uk

If most kids have weakened imaginations and are easily bored, an IP-free Celestial Park isn't going to reform them. It's going to bore them and they in turn will make their parents miserable. Word will get around.
If people of all relevant age to ride aren’t engaged by Stardust Racers as a rollercoaster then adding an IP wouldn’t make any difference. Velocicoaster would still be a fantastic ride without the dinosaurs, the people who would choose not to ride because it’s a big scary rollercoaster are not going to ride because of the addition of the Velociraptors. It’s the same with Stardust racers, people will either want to ride an amazing rollercoaster or not, making it the Minoncoaster wouldn’t make a lot of difference. See also the change from Alien ExtraTerrorestial to Stitch’s Great Escape and how kids who wouldn’t experience the previous scary attraction went on once the IP was added and were terrified.

Haymarket

If people of all relevant age to ride aren’t engaged by Stardust Racers as a rollercoaster then adding an IP wouldn’t make any difference. Velocicoaster would still be a fantastic ride without the dinosaurs, the people who would choose not to ride because it’s a big scary rollercoaster are not going to ride because of the addition of the Velociraptors. It’s the same with Stardust racers, people will either want to ride an amazing rollercoaster or not, making it the Minoncoaster wouldn’t make a lot of difference. See also the change from Alien ExtraTerrorestial to Stitch’s Great Escape and how kids who wouldn’t experience the previous scary attraction went on once the IP was added and were terrified.

Did I say SR should have IP applied to it? Because I don't remember saying that.

I never claimed SR would better appeal to kids if it had IP. It's clearly an adult-oriented coaster, so IP wouldn't make a difference.

What I'm saying is that other than the stores on the edges of Celestial Park, there's no IP anywhere else in Celestial Park—it's largely tailored to teens and adults, and that includes SR, an adult coaster.

rd805

So if Celestial Park drags down attendance and surveys indicate that the reason is its lack of IP to satiate children, they're not going to do anything about it until after phase 2?

I just don't see any outcome where this will happen. (Cue Thanos, i know).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom