Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Disstevefan1

Does your perception suppress the previous six years of land development and construction?

Seven. Seven years from groundbreaking.
@MisterPenguin I know your perception is TWDC is the greatest company on earth and they announce and build their projects with speed and perfection.

I was referring to my perception. Maybe my perception is better about Universal because Universal does not have events that post blue sky renderings 8 years in advance and then either cancels or greatly cost cuts projects if/when they are finished building them.

Maybe its because I don't pay close attention to all things Universal I did not even know about EPIC until relatively recently.

But for sake of argument, lets say they "started" EPIC 6 years ago.

EPIC will open earlier than expected next year, so lets call it 7 years.

The destruction of EPCOT's Future world took about 5 years.

The announcement for EPCOT's Future world destruction was first announced about 8 years ago.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@MisterPenguin I know your perception is TWDC is the greatest company on earth and they announce and build their projects with speed and perfection.

I was referring to my perception. Maybe my perception is better about Universal because Universal does not have events that post blue sky renderings 6 years in advance and then either cancels or greatly cost cuts projects if/when they are finished building them.

Maybe its because I don't pay close attention to all things Universal I did not even know about EPIC until relatively recently.

The announcement for EPCOT's Future world destruction was first announced about 8 years ago.
Funny, I wasn't defending in this thread how long it was taking Epcot to finally 'reimagine.'

However, you bring that up. Hmmm... why is that?

Five years (three and a half, actually, with the pandemic and supply chain issues) for Epcot is still a bit too long. It certainly should have been quicker.

I do point out in other threads that people who complain about how long Epcot took don't take into account:
  • the pandemic
  • the subsequent supply chain issues
  • construction in a park running 10 hours a day with guests.

And if someone were to actually *complain* that Uni is incompetent because it's taking them 7 years to make EU (which I haven't seen anyone do... yet), then I would point out that it wasn't a full 7 years because of the pandemic and subsequent supply chain issues.

But if people are going to hang '5 years' on Epcot, then they have to live with '7 years' on EU.

But, again, your memory of my posts don't comport to reality because you're basing it on your *perception* of me as a pixie duster and not on what I actually have said.

DKampy

View attachment 796038
Saying this is on the same level of a Marriott is pretty crazy. It looks absolutely beautiful in this concept art and is already very stunning in person. You can already see the hotel from some spots on i-4 and it's amazing.
I have stayed in some nice stunning beautiful Marriott’s… My brother use to work for the company… so I could stay at the higher end Marriotts at no charge… and some are very beautiful… so yes… it looks like a beautiful hotel… but that does not prevent it from still looking like a hotel against a theme park

Disstevefan1

Funny, I wasn't defending in this thread how long it was taking Epcot to finally 'reimagine.'

However, you bring that up. Hmmm... why is that?

Five years (three and a half, actually, with the pandemic and supply chain issues) for Epcot is still a bit too long. It certainly should have been quicker.

I do point out in other threads that people who complain about how long Epcot took don't take into account:
  • the pandemic
  • the subsequent supply chain issues
  • construction in a park running 10 hours a day with guests.

And if someone were to actually *complain* that Uni is incompetent because it's taking them 7 years to make EU (which I haven't seen anyone do... yet), then I would point out that it wasn't a full 7 years because of the pandemic and subsequent supply chain issues.

But if people are going to hang '5 years' on Epcot, then they have to live with '7 years' on EU.

But, again, your memory of my posts don't comport to reality because you're basing it on your *perception* of me as a pixie duster and not on what I actually have said.
I agree perceptions are not reality.

I perceive you as always defending TWDC. The reality is that is not true, I just like to tease you when you correct me.

I perceive the destruction of EPCOT's Future world too way too long for the 💩 we got. Others can argue about the facts.

I perceive the EPIC project is moving FAST and its looking great. Others can argue about the facts.

I am only one person with one perception so my perception does not matter.

But in general, in many cases, perceptions are important to the general public.

lazyboy97o

I was referring to my perception. Maybe my perception is better about Universal because Universal does not have events that post blue sky renderings 8 years in advance and then either cancels or greatly cost cuts projects if/when they are finished building them.

If you ignore a bunch of stuff and then make up a bunch of stuff then it’s easy to argue anything.

Disstevefan1

If you ignore a bunch of stuff and then make up a bunch of stuff then it’s easy to argue anything.
I agree. I notice folks argue about anything and everything on this site.

How boring would it be if we agreed on everything.

In my opinion, the EPCOT project too way long and what we got was mostly disappointing and we are stuck with it now.

In my opinion, the EPIC project looks to be moving fast and its looking great.

In my opinion, at the moment, FOP in AK is the best ride in Central Florida.

Last edited:

rd805

Initial ticketing info leaked...
You'll need to have 2 days at USF/IOA/VB (base OR P2P) and you get 1 day of EPIC to make a 3 day package. 2, 3, and 4 day options will be available too PLUS 1 day at EPIC allowed to make a max of 5 day ticket (4 others + 1 EPIC).

Hoping for a slight revamp of this going forward, as I wanted 2 days of EPIC during my first visit, and can't fathom doing TWO SETS of (2others+1Epic) = 6 days total at Uni.

trr1

bioreconstruct
@bioreconstruct

Current work at the Chronos tower at the portal into Epic Universe. Seen in early twilight, backlit by a wall of clouds.
1719950524953.png

Chronos tower at night.
1719950545860.png

Mirror glass reflection of Helios Grand Hotel in twilight in #EpicUniverse
1719950572144.png

Mirror glass reflection of Stardust Racers in Twilight in #EpicUniverse
1719950597184.png

Disstevefan1

You'll need to have 2 days at USF/IOA/VB (base OR P2P) and you get 1 day of EPIC to make a 3 day package. 2, 3, and 4 day options will be available too PLUS 1 day at EPIC allowed to make a max of 5 day ticket (4 others + 1 EPIC).

Hoping for a slight revamp of this going forward, as I wanted 2 days of EPIC during my first visit, and can't fathom doing TWO SETS of (2others+1Epic) = 6 days total at Uni.
But you cant just buy day tickets?

Disstevefan1

Sorcerer Mickey

Am I reading this right, you can't just buy a one-day ticket? I was also hoping for two days at Epic. One to run around Nintendo World with my son all day and the other to hit the rest of the lands.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

I strongly doubt it. USF will be cannibalized if not.

When they need to allow multi-day Epic Universe experiences for non-APs to fill up EU they will, and that’s a very big question mark for when they will need to.

Andrew25

Universal will try to "lock" visits to IOA and USF in addition to Epic Universe in order to not only prevent the current parks to lose attendance, but also extend trip durations.

For locals/APs, I'd imagine Universal is going to look at the vacation package & multi-day demand prior to finalizing pricing details.

My guess is that Universal wants to prevent what happened at DL's SWGE opening by blocking passholders... but if demand is strong for these tickets they might follow a similar strategy and delay AP access.

Disstevefan1

I know this is an EPIC thread but comparisons to other parks is part of the discussion.

I just saw a video of the newly opened Penguin Trek coaster at SeaWorld Orlando. It looks like an excellent family friendly coaster with both inside and outside portions and this went up FAST.

Then I realized SeaWorld Orlando added three coasters in the last three years!!!
Ice Breaker 2022 (family friendly)
Pipeline: The Surf Coaster 2023
Penguin Trek, now open 2024 (family friendly)

I know there are many SeaWorld haters, but this is great work by SeaWorld adding three coasters in three years and making 2 of the three family friendly (with no inversions).

Last edited:

rd805

Am I reading this right, you can't just buy a one-day ticket? I was also hoping for two days at Epic. One to run around Nintendo World with my son all day and the other to hit the rest of the lands.
Correct - as of now at least. Maybe market pushback changes it, but minimally need to buy 2 days at USF/IOA/VB.

rd805

The more I think about it, it is the best possible way to even out parks and not keep Epic Universe as over saturated; it is a great theory for operational purposes. It also keeps the attention even over at USF and IOA, even if just with $$ purchases. While i don't love it for "me personally" / "my travel style" - it is a decent plan by Universal.

I think a modification that allows 2 days at the other parks gets you 2 days at EPIC, would be more preferable for the amount of time I'd like to solely spend at Universal parks, but I think it quells a few of the VERY overcrowded rumors where people are just cruising over to this park alone to see what is new.

This is my opinion:
I also think this makes EXPRESS PASS, VERY MUCH IN PLAY. If you are only allowing people an opportunity to really get here 1 day over the course of 5 days, you have to do better to make sure that guests can get on all attractions. I very much can see a $200 express pass, at the minimum whatever they are charging for express at HHN.

Universal is going to make MONEYYYYY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom