Universal Diss!

deathfire

Damien666 said:
^ I have a feeling your a Disney fan but I also get a feeling you came on here just for this thread.
I've been a lurker for quite sometime now, gathering information on WDW while I'm stuck in Illinois, this thread gave me a reason to sign up. I just can't believe there were so many anti-all Disney responses.

deathfire

Damien666 said:
There are many Disney fans on this fourm, but that doesn't mean we only like Disney.
if you signed up to a WDW forum site it should, if you like all of the parks you should have signed up to an Orlando theme park forum. What if someone were to go to such a site and exclaim that all other Orlando parks other that Disney are trash. That would be inappropriate, just like posting on a WDW site that you like the other parks. Regardless of whether or not the OP's actions on that day were appropriate; when he came here to the WDW fan site, he should have found 100% support.

jozzmenia

deathfire said:
if you signed up to a WDW forum site it should, if you like all of the parks you should have signed up to an Orlando theme park forum. What if someone were to go to such a site and exclaim that all other Orlando parks other that Disney are trash. That would be inappropriate, just like posting on a WDW site that you like the other parks. Regardless of whether or not the OP's actions on that day were appropriate; when he came here to the WDW fan site, he should have found 100% support.

first of all, i think it's ignorant and ridiculous to say that u shouldn't be on a disney fan site unless u support nothing but disney and unless u support being rude to anyone affiliated with anything non-disney. that's not a disney fan, that's a disney insane person and i'm sure there's help for that sort of thing somewhere. i am a disney fan, in fact disney is my favorite park. that doesn't mean i have to hate, ridicule, or insult anyone affiliated with anything else.

second, someone should not have 100% support for anything they do in the name of disney. would it be ok to beat up universal employees because u love nothing but disney, or would it be ok to start a fire in a six flags park? no. it's just idiotic behavior. and idiotic behavior should not be supported just because u say "I love disney" after u do it. :brick:

jozzmenia

Scar Junior said:
I'm not so sure you would have.

of course you're not, because u dont know me. I laugh at everything. even stupid things. difference is, i can laugh at something, and then say, "that was stupid". something can be funny AND stupid. Examples: Dumb and Dumber, Scary Movie, and the original post. :rolleyes:

Since1976

deathfire said:
Why shouldn't he be acting great, he is a disney only fan who thought he was talking to other disney only fans, sharing a great story, on what was suppose to be a disney fan only site.

See, that's the thing. When you're a fan of something, you are FOR that thing, not AGAINST everything else. The OP got attacked because he was embodying the very snobbery from which so many Disney fans wish to disassociate themselves. He had nothing positive to say about Disney, just trash talk about Universal.

Re-reading the original post, I can see that the guy was probably just excited to have a Disney-related story to tell to his friends on the forum, but it clearly backfired on him. That the post is stuck here for all to see and discuss ad nauseum isn't helping much.

deathfire

jozzmenia said:
first of all, i think it's ignorant and ridiculous to say that u shouldn't be on a disney fan site unless u support nothing but disney and unless u support being rude to anyone affiliated with anything non-disney. that's not a disney fan, that's a disney insane person and i'm sure there's help for that sort of thing somewhere. i am a disney fan, in fact disney is my favorite park. that doesn't mean i have to hate, ridicule, or insult anyone affiliated with anything else.
Here, you should be able to without getting flac.
jozzmenia said:
second, someone should not have 100% support for anything they do in the name of disney. would it be ok to beat up universal employees because u love nothing but disney, or would it be ok to start a fire in a six flags park? no. it's just idiotic behavior. and idiotic behavior should not be supported just because u say "I love disney" after u do it. :brick:
I understand where you coming from on this, but since the OP didn't do anything harmful this story is LMAO funny.
<br>
I don't know who introduced the buzz word hate into this forum but the OP never showed any sign of hate. I go back to my example of the two baseball teams. It would be like a Cub rep coming up to a Cardinal fan and asking if they wanted a ticket to a ball game. Then the cardinal fan pulling out their season tickets to Busch. This incident was nothing more than a joking situation. I believe the OP even knows that the UO rep was not really ed at him. My beef is that there are people here in a WDW forum that do not show support for a person that showes their WDW pride.

deathfire

Since1976 said:
See, that's the thing. When you're a fan of something, you are FOR that thing, not AGAINST everything else.
So by your logic, one could be FOR abortions, and not be AGAINST pro life groups. I'm sorry to use that analogy but I'm trying to understand how one can be for something and not be against its rival.

Scar Junior

jozzmenia said:
would it be ok to beat up universal employees because u love nothing but disney, or would it be ok to start a fire in a six flags park? no. it's just idiotic behavior. and idiotic behavior should not be supported just because u say "I love disney" after u do it. :brick:

Haha, what?! Didn't see that one coming.

deathfire said:
So by your logic, one could be FOR abortions, and not be AGAINST pro life groups. I'm sorry to use that analogy but I'm trying to understand how one can be for something and not be against its rival.

I'm sorry, but if you think extreme moral debates and theme parks have anything in common, then you need help. Comparing WDW/Universal to Prolife/Prochoice is like comparing strawberries to wrenches. Completely different topics. Guess what, I love Walt Disney World...but IT IS ONLY A THEME PARK. There is more to life than loving Disney, including enjoying an occasional stroll through Universal Studios.

If you ask me, I'd say somebody made a second account so ONE person would support him, at least...

Senderella

Scar Junior said:
He did the right thing. His choice of words was just his personal style. While many don't like what he said, I do. I can honestly say that I would have probably done the same thing.

I think it's great that people disagree with the way he handled the situation but I don't think adults should tell each other how to act or what to say.

You know, I wonder if the Universal guy would've acted the same even if he (the op) said "No thanks man I'm a Disney person". I've kind of thought through out this entire thread he probably would have. Those soliciters can get kind of rude as the day wears on if they've not had any luck. :lookaroun

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
deathfire said:
Well in my opinion, those people that did not find it funny should not have spent the time to sign up to the site.

Sniff sniff, another new poster with an attitude, do your parents know you are not in bed? Now run along I’m sure you will have summer school to attend in the morning.

DisneyFreak1228

Frankly, as someone who enjoys herself at both resorts, I don't see what all the fuss is about.
So what if you're a hardcore Disney fan and you don't like Universal?
Yes, while you are entitled to your opinion, it shouldn't go as far as offending someone.
I just think the whole feud is ridiculous, because both resorts boast fantastic attractions.
To me, the only difference I see between the two resorts is the simple fact that WDW offers more to do than UO.

And if you give me the Magic argument, all I have to say to you is you need to spend one day on the Cast Member side of the Magic: There will be times where it's not so "Magical" because you're being berated by angry, hard-to-please guests who swear everything is YOUR fault including the fact that their child is 5 inches too short to ride the Tower of Terror or that they showed up to Fantasmic 5 minutes before showtime when the theater was filled to capacity a half an hour ago...and then there are times where you're physically threatened by these angry guests, whether it be by them threatening to spit on you or to "beat your a**".

My point is, just because you are a complete and total Disney fanatic, that doesn't give you the right to berate someone who likes Universal on a Disney message board. Because incase you weren't aware: It's not against the law to be a fan of both resorts.

And no, I'm not just saying all of this because I'm currently employed by the latter and previously employed by the former.

Scar Junior

DisneyFreak1228 said:
Because incase you weren't aware: It's not against the law to be a fan of both resorts.

And no, I'm not just saying all of this because I'm currently employed by the latter and previously employed by the former.

1. Wait, I'm confused. Are you a lawyer or a ride operator?

2. Then why are you saying it?

deathfire

DisneyFreak1228 said:
It's not against the law to be a fan of both resorts.
your right, it is not against the law to be a fan of both. my point is that on a WDW fan site there should be fewer pro all parks people.

deathfire

Pumbas Nakasak said:
Sniff sniff, another new poster with an attitude, do your parents know you are not in bed? Now run along I’m sure you will have summer school to attend in the morning.
Good job a forming a well rounded argument instead of a childish personal attack.

deathfire

Taryn said:
I'm sorry, but if you think extreme moral debates and theme parks have anything in common, then you need help. Comparing WDW/Universal to Prolife/Prochoice is like comparing strawberries to wrenches. Completely different topics. Guess what, I love Walt Disney World...but IT IS ONLY A THEME PARK. There is more to life than loving Disney, including enjoying an occasional stroll through Universal Studios.

Your right the two do not have anything in common. My point was to break a hole the the previous logs argument. My WDW/UO comparison was the STL Cardinals to the Chi Cubs. Also something that was not like Prolife/Prochoice. I was simply illustrating an example of when someone is for something and against everything else. I did not mean that WDW/UO one or the other exactly like either side of the Prolife/Prochoice. They are in no way the same. I hope this made clear the context of my argument.
Taryn said:
If you ask me, I'd say somebody made a second account so ONE person would support him, at least...
Another well rounded argument that is in no way a childish personal attack. Funny how people think someone can't have any supporters unless they have created a new avatar. Tell me why would you think that your opinion is the only opinion.

DisneyFreak1228

deathfire said:
your right, it is not against the law to be a fan of both. my point is that on a WDW fan site there should be fewer pro all parks people.
Scar Junior said:
2. Then why are you saying it?
Did you not read my post? It's obvious why I'm saying it: Because I'm a fan of both resorts, yet the hardcore Disney fans think that it's blasphemy to be a fan of both. Yes, I completely and totally understand that this is a Disney-based message board. But the mods obviously realize that there are people who like both resorts and that members of their message board were also going to have questions about UO, hence why they created a separate section of the board, so it wouldn't get in the way of the threads for the 3 million rumors about the fifth gate and the next attractions to be built.

What I don't understand is what's the big deal about being a fan of both? Think of it this way: If Disney had no competition about 15 minutes away, they wouldn't be building new attractions or resorts in order to draw in more crowds. Why? Because there would be no point. People would still go and experience the same attractions over and over and over because they have nothing else to do.

NemoRocks78

Seized
deathfire said:
Then why would there be other forums on here to discuss those other parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom