Universal Diss!

LoriMistress

EpcotServo said:
You pretty much had that coming. I'm so sick and tired of Disney fans and Universal fans thinking that they're better than each other.
Completely agree. That's like a friend showing you their new Toyota that they got and you waiving your car keys saying, "Yea, that's nice...but it's not a Lexus." There were more tactful ways to decline the guy's offer. Your arragance made you look ignorant.

LoriMistress

casconi said:
Number 1, this was illegal solicitation, he was not a direct rep of Universal rather it was more like scalping 2 day passes, and he was doing so in an are of NO SOLICITATION, who would walk into a financial advising firm and try to sell 2 universal day passes..honestly?
You handled the situation poorly. Soliciation isn't illigal. If there was a sign on the building that said, " No soliciation," that would have saved you from having this conversation in the first place. But since that never happened, when the guy approuched you and gave you his pitch, all you had to say that you weren't interested. That's it. But instead you decided to be rude by rubbing in this face that because you go to WDW, that you're better then him, or his company he represents. Just because you're not interested doesn't mean you're intitled to belittle people. And how do you know that he didn't work for Universal? Or if he didn't how do you know that he didn't work for a travel agency? You don't know because you didn't bother to ask...you know why? Because as soon Universal came into the conversation, you decided to tune him out. If the same person came in and he was selling Disney tickets, you would have treated him much differently.

casconi said:
Number 2 the way I handled the situation was rather light, just as his gesture was after he had seen the mickey on my antenna. It was just a funny story.
Flashing your WDW pass and showing him your antenna comes across as rude. Just telling the guy that you weren't interested would have gotten the point across without acting like a certified jerk.

casconi said:
Number 3 I was the only person who had contact with him in the office and no one else even bothered to leave their individual offices because this garbage happens all the time, and even if they had of seen the way I handled it, they probably would have laughed and taken it lightly due to the fact that three out of the four advisors have families and are HUGE disney fans.
If you get soliciations all the time, maybe putting a "no soliciation" sign would do the trick. And if someone does come in, just tell them politely no soliciation and ask them to leave. Just because someone is a salesperson doesn't mean that you're better than them. And how do you know that one person with the family that isn't a "disney freak" wouldn't have been interested?

casconi said:
For everyone out there who took this story really personally, I hope that you have never hung up on a telemarketer, and the next time u do Id hope that you all post it so we can make sure to belittle your Inappropriateness...
I don't take the story personally. You're just upset because you didn't expect people to call you on your poor behavior. And trying to explain or change your story doesn't justify your actions. Deal with it and move on. Next time if a salesperson comes into the office, hopefully next time you'll be civil. No one is perfect...just own up to your mistakas and move on. And BTW, I do not hang up on telemarketers. I let them know politely that I'm not interested and to remove my name and number from their list. You can be polite and get your point across.

jozzmenia

LoriMistress said:
Flashing your WDW pass and showing him your antenna comes across as rude. Just telling the guy that you weren't interested would have gotten the point across without acting like a certified jerk.

I know, even if they had said, "No thanks, I prefer Disney" it wouldn't have been so bad. I don't know why someone expects to be praised for just being a jerk to someone just doing their job.

LoriMistress said:
If you get soliciations all the time, maybe putting a "no soliciation" sign would do the trick. And if someone does come in, just tell them politely no soliciation and ask them to leave. Just because someone is a salesperson doesn't mean that you're better than them. And how do you know that one person with the family that isn't a "disney freak" wouldn't have been interested?

Yeah there's a lot of "illegal" activity going on in that building apparently. :rolleyes:
I wasn't buying the "no one in the entire building is interested in Universal" justification either. GMAB.

disneyboy02

casconi said:
Number 1, this was illegal solicitation, he was not a direct rep of Universal rather it was more like scalping 2 day passes, and he was doing so in an are of NO SOLICITATION, who would walk into a financial advising firm and try to sell 2 universal day passes..honestly? Number 2 the way I handled the situation was rather light, just as his gesture was after he had seen the mickey on my antenna. It was just a funny story. Number 3 I was the only person who had contact with him in the office and no one else even bothered to leave their individual offices because this garbage happens all the time, and even if they had of seen the way I handled it, they probably would have laughed and taken it lightly due to the fact that three out of the four advisors have families and are HUGE disney fans. For everyone out there who took this story really personally, I hope that you have never hung up on a telemarketer, and the next time u do Id hope that you all post it so we can make sure to belittle your Inappropriateness...
ok lets put and end to all this crap..people like both parks, some parks better than the other. you tried to be cute and it blew up in your face.the only thing you did was give universal a lot of free publicity from this thread. my father has worked for disney since 1974 and he just retired this year. i grew up on disney but i still have annual passes to universal and go to both all the time. disney is my favorite but if you are telling me that the spiderman ride or men in black is crap (technology that is rumored to be copied for the new magical midway ride at disney studios 3d combined with shooting gallery) then your nuts...a wise man once said...stupid is as stupid does...well he wasn't that wise but he hit the mark..

LoriMistress

jozzmenia said:
I know, even if they had said, "No thanks, I prefer Disney" it wouldn't have been so bad. I don't know why someone expects to be praised for just being a jerk to someone just doing their job.

Yeah there's a lot of "illegal" activity going on in that building apparently. :rolleyes:
I wasn't buying the "no one in the entire building is interested in Universal" justification either. GMAB.
Thank you. I was trying my best to make my point without the whole "belittling." Though, telling him he was a certified jerk probably didn't make things better.

~LeeLee~

disneyboy02 said:
ok lets put and end to all this crap..people like both parks, some parks better than the other. you tried to be cute and it blew up in your face.the only thing you did was give universal a lot of free publicity from this thread. my father has worked for disney since 1974 and he just retired this year. i grew up on disney but i still have annual passes to universal and go to both all the time. disney is my favorite but if you are telling me that the spiderman ride or men in black is crap (technology that is rumored to be copied for the new magical midway ride at disney studios 3d combined with shooting gallery) then your nuts...a wise man once said...stupid is as stupid does...well he wasn't that wise but he hit the mark..

:sohappy:

Damien666

Ok, this is what I think.

First off I just got back from a week long trip at Universal and my family loved it! But does that mean we won't go to Disney anymore? No, we like both Universal and Disney for different reasons. I like Disney very much but I do accept that Universal does do things better then Disney and vice versa.

For example when it comes to Faspass/Universal Express, Universal is the clear winner if your staying onsite. If you stay onsite at Universal you can just show your hotel key at a Express enterance and go right in for as much as you like! Disney can't do that with all the hotel's they have.

With shooting darkrides IMO Men in Black: Alien Attack kills Buzz. But do I diss the people that like Buzz? No, that would be just wrong.

I just don't like it when Disney fans have this "High and Mighty" additude that no one can beat them at anything. There's a reason why people are called "DisneyFreaks" and usally have fun poked at them by Universal and Knott's at Halloween time!

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
casconi said:
For everyone out there who took this story really personally, I hope that you have never hung up on a telemarketer, and the next time u do Id hope that you all post it so we can make sure to belittle your Inappropriateness...

Clearly you're someone who just doesn't get it. I hang up on telemarketers all the time when they call me at home. At work, I get calls from vendors quite often and I have never once hung up on any of them. When you are at work, your behavior is representative of the company that hired you to represent them. You are trying to equate how someone is in their personal life with how they might behave at work. The two are separate things. You don't really understand this concept though, do you? I imagine if your employer had any idea how immaturely you behave when you are on their clock, they would not be too happy about it. If they don't mind, then I can tell you it certainly doesn't sound like a financial company that I would want handling MY finances. The majority of people who've been responding to this thread have tried to point out to you how unprofessional you were. You should take this as good advice and learn from it. But instead, you make excuses and add/alter details to your story. As Lorimistress pointed out, you really ought to just own up to the fact that what you did was childish and unacceptable behavior. Until then, you don't strike me as someone who is likely to go very far career wise. You seem incredibly lacking in business savvy and social skills. These shortcomings will hold you back, trust me. I realize you started this thread with the expectation that everyone was going to think you were really "cool" for "sticking it" to a Universal person. But most members of these forums (and Disney fans in general) are above that. Most of us are secure in our love and admiration for Disney. We don't feel the need to prove it to ourselves by running down the competition. In short, you sound like someone who has a lot of growing up to do, but if you are already at the age in life where you are interning, I would suggest you do your growing up more quickly. Most people at the age that I'm guessing you are, are already ahead of you maturity-wise.

LoriMistress

CHAPPS said:
Clearly you're someone who just doesn't get it. I hang up on telemarketers all the time when they call me at home. At work, I get calls from vendors quite often and I have never once hung up on any of them. When you are at work, your behavior is representative of the company that hired you to represent them. You are trying to equate how someone is in their personal life with how they might behave at work. The two are separate things. You don't really understand this concept though, do you? I imagine if your employer had any idea how immaturely you behave when you are on their clock, they would not be too happy about it. If they don't mind, then I can tell you it certainly doesn't sound like a financial company that I would want handling MY finances. The majority of people who've been responding to this thread have tried to point out to you how unprofessional you were. You should take this as good advice and learn from it. But instead, you make excuses and add/alter details to your story. As Lorimistress pointed out, you really ought to just own up to the fact that what you did was childish and unacceptable behavior. Until then, you don't strike me as someone who is likely to go very far career wise. You seem incredibly lacking in business savvy and social skills. These shortcomings will hold you back, trust me. I realize you started this thread with the expectation that everyone was going to think you were really "cool" for "sticking it" to a Universal person. But most members of these forums (and Disney fans in general) are above that. Most of us are secure in our love and admiration for Disney. We don't feel the need to prove it to ourselves by running down the competition. In short, you sound like someone who has a lot of growing up to do, but if you are already at the age in life where you are interning, I would suggest you do your growing up more quickly. Most people at the age that I'm guessing you are, are already ahead of you maturity-wise.
Hey, hey, hey!!! That was awsome. You deserve a gold star, expecially since you've mentioned me in a positive light. :D

RockyBalboa

universal is a total rip off but t is still a good park. you don't just tell people their park sucks because you like disney more. you had it coming to you.:hammer: :p

LoriMistress

Yes, indeed. Let's tell a salesman that we don't care about Universal, showing him our decked out Tickerbell covered car, throw our season Disney passes at him, and punch hm in the face for thinking of selling Universal tickets to us. The nerve of that guy. :lol:

Damien666

^ You win Lori on that post. :lol:

Oh my I just showed off my "High and Mighty" additude to a Universal person and he blew me off! Why on earth did he do that?!:lol: :hammer:

LoriMistress

Damien666 said:
^ You win Lori on that post. :lol:

Oh my I just showed off my "High and Mighty" additude to a Universal person and he blew me off! Why on earth did he do that?!:lol: :hammer:
Can't the salesman know that I'm into Disney? Hell, I'm wearing the Mickey suit right now. That nerve of that guy. Afterwards, we can brag about how much money we make...like those types of high and mighty people.

cmatt

LoriMistress said:
Can't the salesman know that I'm into Disney? Hell, I'm wearing the Mickey suit right now. That nerve of that guy. Afterwards, we can brag about how much money we make...like those types of high and mighty people.

YOU DO IT TOO! :lookaroun

I thought i was the only one for having a fetish at work - although male, im currentlly wearing a pochahontas outfit.... 5 sizes too small - and commando so i can get the au natural feeling....

For my lunch im going to go hunt a fox or a badger.... as we dont have bear dear or wolf in scotland :cry: so ill go for what evers on offer :sohappy: maybe a rook or a crow :king:

Punkss

What odd behaviour and how very rude.

Not mention some of us would love the opportunity like that to holiday at Universal and maybe some Disney at the same time so don't come on here flaunting again please.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom