Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

menamechris

Yes but it took Potter world to get people out of the house of mouse.

And when ( or if ) TDO responds it will be too late to salvage the rep of the WDW parks.

They are probably conducting detailed research of which they will get the results of in about 2015. By then, they will have learned: Yes, HP does have lasting appeal and could create a permanent dent; and no, people are not that excited about Avatar, now that its almost done.

JLW11Hi

It is amazing that there has more feverish, exciting discussion about Universal Studios on a WDW fan discussion forum than there has been about WDW in ages..

Not at all! Who else besides Universal and Disney make theme parks? That's what we are into. And only Disney and Universal do it.

They are in the same business, trying to cater to the same audience. And in a world where it takes so long to build new attractions and new legitimate rumors are far and few between, we need as much as we can to gossip about! :)

disney fan 13

They are probably conducting detailed research of which they will get the results of in about 2015. By then, they will have learned: Yes, HP does have lasting appeal and could create a permanent dent; and no, people are not that excited about Avatar, now that its almost done.

it's not done but i believe they will bomb. i mean i thought the first one was 3/5 mostly because it was advertised as a action yet spend a 1hr in the middle with little conflict.

disney fan 13

Not at all! Who else besides Universal and Disney make theme parks? That's what we are into. And only Disney and Universal do it.

They are in the same business, trying to cater to the same audience. And in a world where it takes so long to build new attractions and new legitimate rumors are far and few between, we need as much as we can to gossip about! :)

Seaworld, Legoland?:shrug:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It is amazing that there has more feverish, exciting discussion about Universal Studios on a WDW fan discussion forum than there has been about WDW in ages..

Quoted for truth.

Once upon a time Disney announced things that got people excited. Now we get...new DVC units!

Ignohippo

Original Poster
The really sad thing is, TDO should've answered IOA even before Potter. With the properties the Mouse House owns, DHS should absolutely destroy IOA. With Pixar and Lucas, if done right, DHS could blow IOA out of the water (pun intended). Instead they choose to let it languish as a half day park.

That's where the frustration comes from and why it's so much fun to see a theme park actually cater to it's guests and push the envelope on really amazing concepts.

I still find it completely reprehensible that we could see a $500 million dollar expansion for a property that isn't owned by Disney, when there's nothing to be shown for Monsters, Inc., Cars, A Bug's Life, Roger Rabbit, etc. at WDW. I don't have anything against Avatar, but the money should go towards properties the Mouse already owns and haven't developed. It's like stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime!!

disney fan 13

The really sad thing is, TDO should've answered IOA even before Potter. With the properties the Mouse House owns, DHS should absolutely destroy IOA. With Pixar and Lucas, if done right, DHS could blow IOA out of the water (pun intended). Instead they choose to let it languish as a half day park.

That's where the frustration comes from and why it's so much fun to see a theme park actually cater to it's guests and push the envelope on really amazing concepts.

I still find it completely reprehensible that we could see a $500 million dollar expansion for a property that isn't owned by Disney, when there's nothing to be shown for Monsters, Inc., Cars, A Bug's Life, Roger Rabbit, etc. at WDW. I don't have anything against Avatar, but the money should go towards properties the Mouse already owns and haven't developed. It's like stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime!!

well said

menamechris

I always thought Rock 'n Roller Coaster was Disney's lame attempt at a response to IOA. As if to say "Don't waste your time and money going to that roller coaster park - We have a rollercoaster here now..."

I agree with your frustration. The last few years Disney seems to have adopted a 'What more could you want from us?' type attitude. Now we can point to another theme park and say "This...."

WorldofMotion34

Also, we dont know even know if or when the Avatar expansion will begin. Im taking the whole proposal as a grain of salt until vertical construction begins.

disney fan 13

I always thought Rock 'n Roller Coaster was Disney's lame attempt at a response to IOA. As if to say "Don't waste your time and money going to that roller coaster park - We have a rollercoaster here now..."

I agree with your frustration. The last few years Disney seems to have adopted a 'What more could you want from us?' type attitude. Now we can point to another theme park and say "This...."

examples

What's more fun then Peter pan? E.T
What's more fun then buzz? MIB
what's more fun then soarin? FJ
what's more fun then Rock n rollercoaster? any UNI coaster ( and gringots will be boss if it turns out the way it was detailed.)
what's better eating then Cinderella's royal table? mythos

I could go on...

haveyoumetmark

My issue with AVATAR is that it's completely reactionary and just seems desperate.
It could definitely be amazing, but the franchise itself is not very exciting.

Scuttle

This is true. I totally agree about Pixar. The Pixar movies all have incredible ride potential. I don't really get it. They were all pretty successful and seem to have a following today. I don't get why Iger and Staggs chose Avatar when a 500-600 million dollar Pixar Place expansion is obviously the safe bet.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
You know, for all his faults (and there were many), there is something to be said for the fact that this wouldn't have happened under Michael Eisner's watch.

The day Universal announced this, Eisner would have called one of his famous strategy sessions with top Imagineers where he would have told them in no uncertain terms that no one was leaving until they came up 5 good ideas for new attractions that could top Potter.

Say what you want about the man, but he had a passion and drive for parks and resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom