Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

WDW1974

And to think a certain posters posts have disappeared pretty rapidly in this thread alone LOL.

Anyway, the Muppets are cool... Seriously.

They are. And the new film is actually quite good (I don't quite get why they cut 20-some odd miuntes from it).

Did find it amusing that CNN had Kermit on its NYE coverage ... and a fairly long deal with Andy Vanderbilt joining the cast of Spidey Shut The Lights off The Show Sucks with lots of Green Goblin and Spidey (now, I know Disney doesn't produce the show or anything, and they can't really use the characters except in merchandise, but they do OWN them too).

Happy 2012!!! :xmas:

Captain Chaos

They are. And the new film is actually quite good (I don't quite get why they cut 20-some odd miuntes from it).

Did find it amusing that CNN had Kermit on its NYE coverage ... and a fairly long deal with Andy Vanderbilt joining the cast of Spidey Shut The Lights off The Show Sucks with lots of Green Goblin and Spidey (now, I know Disney doesn't produce the show or anything, and they can't really use the characters except in merchandise, but they do OWN them too).

Movie was pretty darn good... I'll admit, I preordered the DVD already, call me a sucker..

As for the Potter Phase 2 plans, ya know, I'll wait until Universal announces the plans officially because, things may have changed.. I like the plans as TPI posted them but who knows what we'll actually get...

And Happy 2012 to you as well Mr. 74....... and the rest of the WDWMagic members..

disney fan 13

The Anderson cooper and the goblin was amuseing and I was happy to see the muppets In there as well

WDW1974

So what do you think of the potter phase 2 plans

It is going to be absolutely mindblowingly phenomenal. Better than what has been done IF they just follow through with current plans.

They aren't looking to out do Disney anymore (maybe they haven't for a long time), they are looking to out do themselves.

That's how you get the best product.

Forgive me, between the wacky posts, the wine and the celebrating 2011 is in the trash heap where it belongs, I forgot whether you have actually seen Potter Phase I (I think you have)?

Happy 2012!!!:xmas:

disney fan 13

It is going to be absolutely mindblowingly phenomenal. Better than what has been done IF they just follow through with current plans.

They aren't looking to out do Disney anymore (maybe they haven't for a long time), they are looking to out do themselves.

That's how you get the best product.

Forgive me, between the wacky posts, the wine and the celebrating 2011 is in the trash heap where it belongs, I forgot whether you have actually seen Potter Phase I (I think you have)?

Happy 2012!!!:xmas:

I have been to UOR 3 times since potter opened once for HHN and twice on a regular vacation. Happy new year

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

Having sat through both incarnations of that disaster (the pretentious Julie Taymor version and the new forget story-telling it's all about special effects version), I can assure you the CNN bit was actually more entertaining than either version of the show. :eek:

Ignohippo

Original Poster
So, this is the first I've heard of Potter expanding at IOA as well.

People can argue attraction v attraction or park v park forever - there are no right or wrong answers. The fact of the matter is that one company has become arrogant and complacent, while the other is becoming more and more aggressive every day.

In the end, no matter how aggressive Uni gets, they'll always be held back by their geography - there's only so much they can expand. They only have one plot of land left and then they're done. IMO, they should've built Legoland and a family resort there, but it looks more likely that they'll move Wet and Wild there. If they want to build a Hogwarts Hotel or expand Potter any more, they'll have to use existing property (like they are with Jaws).

On the other hand, if TDO wants to expand ANY park, they have more than enough room to expand within their existing berms and all could be expanded outside their current boarders without much of a problem (relatively). A new park, no problem. A new resort (or 5), no problem.

The problem with TDO is that they have every opportunity to absolutely destroy Uni but they choose not to. DHS could easily be expanded with Star Wars and the Pixar attractions they should've added years ago (Carsland, Incredibles 4d, Monsters Inc coaster) and just those additions would make DHS a much bigger draw than IOA, even with Potter. But, TDO has made the choice to collect dollars rather than try to compete.

So, if you think people are "trolls" and "haters" because they point this out, then you're simply misunderstanding that these people are actually the biggest of Disney fans, and only want WDW to be the very best it can be.

Ignohippo

Original Poster
Movie was pretty darn good... I'll admit, I preordered the DVD already, call me a sucker..

As for the Potter Phase 2 plans, ya know, I'll wait until Universal announces the plans officially because, things may have changed.. I like the plans as TPI posted them but who knows what we'll actually get...

And Happy 2012 to you as well Mr. 74....... and the rest of the WDWMagic members..

From what I understand, the plans are locked in and work will start immediately. The only things that aren't finalized are the show detailing.

AEfx

That *was* Universal announcing it. ;)

You don't find it coincidental at all that the guy from TPI was just at the opening of Transformers, had an exclusive interview with one of the Imagineers (or whatever Universal calls them) who designed it, and suddenly a couple of weeks later he's posting the 2nd biggest news out of UO *ever* (only smaller than the initial Potter announcement)?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Actually, it can be measured by simply comparing the two rides/ride systems.
One is a 40 year old ride system, shoehorned into a 40 year old space, carrying you past painted cut-outs.
The other is a much more advanced system transporting you through a custom built environment and past fully realized sets and AAs.

You are getting generous with the term AA's! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom