Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

disney fan 13

You can go to the person's profile page then user list and ignore is there, or you can go to your own USER CP and edit your ignore list... Put the ignore feature to good use.. :wave:

What we need now is to find a way to ignore the quotes when members quote a post from someone on your ignore list... I wonder if Steve can fix something like that or if his hands are tied...

thank you i did

NoChesterHester

Soarin is a home run in my book for theming and execution.

Homerun... absolutely. Theming... oh come on. It is a generic hallway with unthemed load and unload area. Looks just like something Universal would do.

While i am not a fan of Mission Space that attraction is excellent in its way to blend story, theme and ride all in one.

Mission Space: totally innovative ride system, great show building exterior, nice queue... completely falls short in almost everything else. I had teal high hopes for Mission Space, as did most everyone.

troll :wave:
The fact is standards at WDW have been slipping by the wayside for the past decade. Nobody is trolling because they are simply stating facts about the decline in quality in the parks. Uni and even SW are continuing to build new attractions and improve their properties while Disney is blowing a billion dollars in NextGen, if the pixie dusters such as yourself believe that is innovation then that is the main problem with WDW today.

Pioneer Hall

There is far too much in this thread for me to start pulling out specific posts, so I am going to only give a warning here. Keep the personal attacks out of the forum. Just because someone might be critical of Disney, doesn't mean that they hate it. They are also free to express their opinion as long as they do so without insulting anyone. Same goes for those who like to defend Disney in whatever fashion they choose. This forum is for expressing differing opinions and you are welcome to take any side of the discussion in doing so. No one is to personally insult someone else regardless of the situation. If you feel that you have a problem, please report it to a moderator and don't say anything inflammatory regardless of what your position is. Thanks.

Captain Chaos

Homerun... absolutely. Theming... oh come on. It is a generic hallway with unthemed load and unload area. Looks just like something Universal would do.

Mission Space: totally innovative ride system, great show building exterior, nice queue... completely falls short in almost everything else. I had teal high hopes for Mission Space, as did most everyone.

Soarin is a great attraction, one I enjoy and was totally bummed out I didn't get to ride it in October, but like you said it is a generic hallway... The queue and unload are really just blah... There seems like no story leading up to the ride... But it is what it is...

As for Mission Space, ride fell flat for me the very first time I was on it... Hated it from that point on even though I was very excited to give the attraction a try... The only part of Mission Space I like is the outside of the pavilion... If MS closed tomorrow and was replaced, I wouldn't cry... I would welcome it...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This has been one of the more diverse threads I can remember on WDWmagic. Packed with information, thoughtful opinions, reasonable arguments, with a dose of comic relief thrown in.

I find myself agreeing with those Disney Haters Lee and Spirit for the most part.

Universal has been putting forth a higher quality of attractions for the past decade in Florida. Disney has put forward a solid amount of enjoyable things as well, just not on the level of what Uni was accomplishing.

As for Soarin' being some great flight simulator. I have to respectfully disagree. It is in such atrocious condition right now that the feeling of flight has been completely sucked out of it. When riding you can not help but focus on how poor condition the film is in. It takes you right out of the moment and plants you firmly in reality. Once upon a time Soarin was my favorite attraction in Orlando. That time has passed. With a new film, and better maintenance, it would vault straight back into the top 5.

On the subject of Illuminations. I love the show. I loved it more a decade ago, but I still love it today. In fact I would be happy if they kept it going for another decade, assuming they plussed it. A bigger inferno barge, get the lasers all back to working, just give it a good detailing and make me say wow again.

bullsforthewin

This has been one of the more diverse threads I can remember on WDWmagic. Packed with information, thoughtful opinions, reasonable arguments, with a dose of comic relief thrown in.

I find myself agreeing with those Disney Haters Lee and Spirit for the most part.

Universal has been putting forth a higher quality of attractions for the past decade in Florida. Disney has put forward a solid amount of enjoyable things as well, just not on the level of what Uni was accomplishing.

As for Soarin' being some great flight simulator. I have to respectfully disagree. It is in such atrocious condition right now that the feeling of flight has been completely sucked out of it. When riding you can not help but focus on how poor condition the film is in. It takes you right out of the moment and plants you firmly in reality. Once upon a time Soarin was my favorite attraction in Orlando. That time has passed. With a new film, and better maintenance, it would vault straight back into the top 5.

On the subject of Illuminations. I love the show. I loved it more a decade ago, but I still love it today. In fact I would be happy if they kept it going for another decade, assuming they plussed it. A bigger inferno barge, get the lasers all back to working, just give it a good detailing and make me say wow again.

Besides Potter Land...what has Uni done the past decade? Nothing really how can you say that they are doing better than Disney when Disney has done so much more the past decade?

Alektronic

I'm not sure what you mean, all 6 lasers are working just fine.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Besides Potter Land...what has Uni done the past decade? Nothing really how can you say that they are doing better than Disney when Disney has done so much more the past decade?

I should say last 15 years I suppose. But, that is kind of besides the point. I think as a whole, Uni has done more in the past 15 years to encourage me to spend my vacation dollars there. I am not sure why you want to discount WWoHP which was the best theme park addition in recent memory.

I am not going to rehash all the arguments that have been already made about the attractions at Uni, you remain unconvinced. That's fine.

One other thing Uni has done better then WDW recently is adult entertainment. City Walk is great. PI is closed. That alone is almost reason enough to spend a couple nights at Uni, and I am a DVC owner, so it is a major out of pocket expense for me.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Neither of them are Disney hater's.

Why is it with some people there is no middle ground. You are either a pixie dust sniffer or a Disney hater?

bullsforthewin

I should say last 15 years I suppose. But, that is kind of besides the point. I think as a whole, Uni has done more in the past 15 years to encourage me to spend my vacation dollars there. I am not sure why you want to discount WWoHP which was the best theme park addition in recent memory.

I am not going to rehash all the arguments that have been already made about the attractions at Uni, you remain unconvinced. That's fine.

One other thing Uni has done better then WDW recently is adult entertainment. City Walk is great. PI is closed. That alone is almost reason enough to spend a couple nights at Uni, and I am a DVC owner, so it is a major out of pocket expense for me.

But then again that makes it even more in WDW favor...if you factor in the last 15 years you have disney offering ToT, RRC, Soarin, Animal Kingdom, KS, FOLK, Everest, Updated HM, Mission Space, Test Track, Fantasmic, Wishes, etc...while Uni has had Potterland and a somewhat average IoA pre-potterland.

Potterland is a great addition and i would agree that it is the best addition to a theme park but besides that what has Uni really done that was amazing?

City Walk is great too...my favorite restaurant is there, Margaritaville, yes i am a parrothead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom