Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

Lee

Adventurer
I also don't think NextGen is going to just be a billion dollars on queue diversions either. I think that it is going to involve things (and some of them on your smartphone) that help to personalize your experience to whatever degree you want that to happen.
This is accurate.
Do I think the money could be better spent? Yeah, I do.
Do I mind people wanting to have an interactive experience in the parks? No, so long as it doesn't encroach on myself or others that may choose to opt out.

The real negatives of NextGen are totally unrelated to these issues, and involve data mining and even possible guest...um...surveilance. (For lack of a better term.)
That is the big issue, and deserves a thread of it's own.

bullsforthewin

This is accurate.
Do I mind people wanting to have an interactive experience in the parks? No, so long as it doesn't encroach on myself or others that may choose to opt out.

The real negatives of NextGen are totally unrelated to these issues, and involve data mining and even possible guest...um...surveilance. (For lack of a better term.)

Out of curiosity what do you mean by Data Mining..i have not heard about that aspect of the NextGen project

Scuttle

This is my thing...the Spiderman crowd seems to think that disney has not done any ride in the last ten years that brings your into the story or is as unique as Spiderman, so much so that they deny the fact that Dinosaur is even close to being like it which you know is not true since they use the same basic ride system. I like FJ but the flying sensation is not there for me while when you are on Soarin you really have that flying sensation. Soarin is a home run in my book for theming and execution. While i am not a fan of Mission Space that attraction is excellent in its way to blend story, theme and ride all in one. Some people here seem to think that TSM is not innovative which is just not true at all. They will use the excuse that it is just Buzz with 3d which is pretty much what i say about Spiderman....but the way it integrates an old time amusement park game experience with the 4D elements it is a total Home Run

While I am a fan of missioin space I have to say the story and theming are terrible.

Scuttle

ESPN is going downhill a little but it is still better than anything else out there...i cant watch college football or basketball on any other stations since they all suck compared to ESPN.

They all suck? CBS and FOX have much better coverage of NCAA Football and Basketball. The play by play announcers on espn are terrible. Musberger if there number one which is a joke. Last I checked Gus Johnson isn't calling games on ESPN.

bullsforthewin

While I am a fan of missioin space I have to say the story and theming are terrible.

I can see how you would not like the story but how is the theming terrible....it really plays up and really makes you feel like you are being trained for space and with the different roles and such it does a great job, in my opinion.

cheezbat

Indy is my all time favorite ride...but Forbidden Journey, the Mummy, and Spiderman are very close behind.

Indy and Spideys technology IS similar, but not the same.

bullsforthewin, it seems to me like you have something against Universal. Yes this is a Disney fansite/board, and we are all Disney fans. I love the company. I love some of the newer attractions they've made too. Soarin' is pretty good. I am in the minority and see Mission Space as pretty awesome...and I was very hyped about Everest...but obviously very sad about it's current state.
Since the opening of Everest though, Disney has not done one thing to really get me excited again. I guess it's tough comparing this past decade to the 90's, when WDW was absolutely booming.
In the same period of time, Universal got me excited with Spiderman, then with MIB, then the Mummy...and yeah, it took awhile, but eventually with Harry Potter. Now, with word that there's more expansion and new attractions on the way, Uni has really upped their game. Nobody here is saying Disney sucks, just that we've all seen a decline in quality at WDW. Heck, I have seen a decline just since I worked there in 2005! It saddens us. For all of us Disney is something we love and want to see grow and do well. When paint is chipping away, and numerous lightbulbs are out, and animatronics are broken, and attractions are being replaced with something not as good as what it's replacing....it makes us sad. I want to see WDW shine again. Be the resort it was in the 90's. THE place to be. Sadly, nowdays both the Disneyland resort in Anaheim and Tokyo Disney's resort are both outshining the World.
Universal has finally seemed to have gotten their act together and are giving us quality attractions. Disney at the same time is giving us the FLE, which is gonna be good, but long overdue...but what else? After FLE the only things they seem to be giving to us to look forward to is Avatar in another 5 or 6 years? What happened to the Tron ride? What about Imagination reimagined? What about finishing Spaceship Earth? What about that Monsters Inc coaster? There is so much more they could - and should be doing for their flagship resort. Oh, and we aren't looking at them spending billions on new rides every year...maybe just a few million on a new one every couple years or so. :animwink:

I enjoy both Disney and Universal. Both have their flaws, but both also bring us enjoyment and fun too!

bullsforthewin

They all suck? CBS and FOX have much better coverage of NCAA Football and Basketball. The play by play announcers on espn are terrible. Musberger if there number one which is a joke. Last I checked Gus Johnson isn't calling games on ESPN.

Oh god no...the announcers on CBS and Fox for college football are god awful...half the people dont even know the college rules. Watching the BCS bowls used to suck because Fox has no good football announcers and they just sucked so bad. I will give CBS credit for the NCAA basketball but for NBA, ESPN/ABC are miles better.

You think the play by play announcers are bad on espn...have you tried to watch football or NCAA football on CBS or FOX...god they dont even understand the sport or just talk about random idiotic things. Troy Aikmen is the worst announcer of all time.

bullsforthewin

P.S. Gus Johnson sucks and is by far one of the worst announcers ever

Scuttle

Oh god no...the announcers on CBS and Fox for college football are god awful...half the people dont even know the college rules. Watching the BCS bowls used to suck because Fox has no good football announcers and they just sucked so bad. I will give CBS credit for the NCAA basketball but for NBA, ESPN/ABC are miles better.

You think the play by play announcers are bad on espn...have you tried to watch football or NCAA football on CBS or FOX...god they dont even understand the sport or just talk about random idiotic things. Troy Aikmen is the worst announcer of all time.

Ya right! Troy Aikmen is an awesome color analyst. I said play by play announcers not analyst also. Verne Lundquist is better than any play by play guy on espn for college football.

bullsforthewin

Indy is my all time favorite ride...but Forbidden Journey, the Mummy, and Spiderman are very close behind.

bullsforthewin, it seems to me like you have something against Universal. Yes this is a Disney fansite/board, and we are all Disney fans. I love the company. I love some of the newer attractions they've made too. Soarin' is pretty good. I am in the minority and see Mission Space as pretty awesome...and I was very hyped about Everest...but obviously very sad about it's current state.
Since the opening of Everest though, Disney has not done one thing to really get me excited again. I guess it's tough comparing this past decade to the 90's, when WDW was absolutely booming.
In the same period of time, Universal got me excited with Spiderman, then with MIB, then the Mummy...and yeah, it took awhile, but eventually with Harry Potter. Now, with word that there's more expansion and new attractions on the way, Uni has really upped their game. Nobody here is saying Disney sucks, just that we've all seen a decline in quality at WDW. Heck, I have seen a decline just since I worked there in 2005! It saddens us. For all of us Disney is something we love and want to see grow and do well. When paint is chipping away, and numerous lightbulbs are out, and animatronics are broken, and attractions are being replaced with something not as good as what it's replacing....it makes us sad. I want to see WDW shine again. Be the resort it was in the 90's. THE place to be. Sadly, nowdays both the Disneyland resort in Anaheim and Tokyo Disney's resort are both outshining the World.
Universal has finally seemed to have gotten their act together and are giving us quality attractions. Disney at the same time is giving us the FLE, which is gonna be good, but long overdue...but what else? After FLE the only things they seem to be giving to us to look forward to is Avatar in another 5 or 6 years? What happened to the Tron ride? What about Imagination reimagined? What about finishing Spaceship Earth? What about that Monsters Inc coaster? There is so much more they could - and should be doing for their flagship resort. Oh, and we aren't looking at them spending billions on new rides every year...maybe just a few million on a new one every couple years or so. :animwink:

I enjoy both Disney and Universal. Both have their flaws, but both also bring us enjoyment and fun too!

My problem with Universal is the small things that really ruin it for me...not to mention their teammembers generally are worse than Six Flags workers which is hard to do.

i cant speak about TDL since i have never been but my trusted friend gave me some not so flattering reviews of it so i dont know about them. Now yeah DL is better than WDW.

Alektronic

This is accurate.

Maybe a better word would be tracking? But the NextGen tech isn't just for guests only it is for CM's also and all the tracking capabilities also. All costumed CM's have RFID's in their costumes and now all CM's have RFID's in their ID cards so you can be tracked much easier.

Stop being so rational :mad: Then he cant attack you...... though im sure he will find a way. Its actually kinda of fun to try and figure out what he said to tick everyone off with him on the ignore list...

bullsforthewin

[/B]

Ya right! Troy Aikmen is an awesome color analyst. I said play by play announcers not analyst also. Verne Lundquist is better than any play by play guy on espn for college football.

Lol...he sucks at color commentary too...

Verne Lundquist? LOL.....wow you need to know more about sports...i mean i can remember the exact time when i knew that fox sucked at football anouncing...it was the sugar bowl about 4 years ago and there was facemask call but it was an incidental facemask so it was for only 5 yards and out of nowhere the FOX announcers are like, "incidental facemask, what is that? I never heard of a 5 yard Facemask penalty." Yeah the Fox and CBS announcers dont even know the rules of college football so i am so happy that NCAA and BCS did the right thing and signed with ESPN.

Captain Chaos

Well that did it... Bulls has become the first person on my ignore list here at WDWMagic... People, see him for what he is please, a troll...

Anyway, light bulb, thank you for the description of the Indy ride vehicle and Spiderman... I love posts like that since they provide us with information I never knew or hear very little about... I've never had the chance to get out to DL and see Indy in person, but from everything I read about it, the attraction seems to be awesome... Maybe one day I will get to DL and experience the ride for myself...

disney fan 13

Well that did it... Bulls has become the first person on my ignore list here at WDWMagic... People, see him for what he is please, a troll...

Anyway, light bulb, thank you for the description of the Indy ride vehicle and Spiderman... I love posts like that since they provide us with information I never knew or hear very little about... I've never had the chance to get out to DL and see Indy in person, but from everything I read about it, the attraction seems to be awesome... Maybe one day I will get to DL and experience the ride for myself...

where is the ignore button out of curiosity?

bullsforthewin

Stop being so rational :mad: Then he cant attack you...... though im sure he will find a way. Its actually kinda of fun to try and figure out what he said to tick everyone off with him on the ignore list...

I actually respond to rational arguments unlike the haters like the troll with a wolverine stitch as his profile pic.

Captain Chaos

where is the ignore button out of curiosity?

You can go to the person's profile page then user list and ignore is there, or you can go to your own USER CP and edit your ignore list... Put the ignore feature to good use.. :wave:

What we need now is to find a way to ignore the quotes when members quote a post from someone on your ignore list... I wonder if Steve can fix something like that or if his hands are tied... and maybe even find a way to stop the member name from coming up as the last post in a thread, especially with the new feature Steve added last week...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom