Uni's New Plan For Potter Could Make Significant Dent To WDW

TinkerBell9988

As for MK and EPCOT, I hardly do anything in Future World anymore besides SSE and the Land, but I still could spend 3-4 days in MK & EPCOT alone. But I just kind of hang out and do what I want to do and am not checking rides off a checklist. I'll hang out in Showcase, have a snack, ride the Wedway 2-3 times, ride the train around or the steamship... stuff like that. Just hang out. Or hang out at the monorail resorts or at Fort Wilderness, having dinner and checking out the campfire and free movie. Stuff like that.

Sounds like a typical park-going day for me. And I also stop to take lots of pictures, and I'm frequently found sitting on a bench eating a snack and people-watching.

In essence, NextGen stuff, to me, means absolutely nothing to my park-going experience. It will not enhance it whatsoever.

jed012788

Sounds like a typical park-going day for me. And I also stop to take lots of pictures, and I'm frequently found sitting on a bench eating a snack and people-watching.

In essence, NextGen stuff, to me, means absolutely nothing to my park-going experience. It will not enhance it whatsoever.
To be honest, based on this thread, it sounds like new attractions wouldn't enhance your park-going experience much, either.

bullsforthewin

Hey, I like Ripsaw Falls! :lookaroun

I was mostly thinking of Universal's recent additions -- letting IOA stagnate with essentially zero changes for a decade was their biggest mistake. It took 10 years but the honchos at Universal have finally figured out what they need to do to become a better resort experience.

Families don't enjoy attractions? And the lunatics are the people who want a new E-ticket ride, not the people who want a talking Mickey and ride reservations six months ahead of time? Gonna have to disagree with you there...

Sorry but i dont hear the general public and families crying for new E-Ticket heck i dont even think they know the word. Kids and families do however want a talking mickey...so yes my statement rings true

disney fan 13

Sorry but i dont hear the general public and families crying for new E-Ticket heck i dont even think they know the word. Kids and families do however want a talking mickey...so yes my statement rings true

have you ever listened to people coming out of epcot. sure people want mickey to talk but they also want more rides for that park. but instead of replacing rides that should have been replaced years ago ( Ellen, imagination,...) you get a talking mickey.

NoChesterHester

Good for them that they get such enjoyment out of it. However that is only going to gain them more drooling disney character groupies and lose them all the rest of the public that actually wants a top notch experience. While Uni needs a lot more work to be that experience, they're at least attempting to be one.

Drooling Disney Character groupies? Wow. Talk about a selfish point of view.

I have several children and the Character experience for them is fantastic. I'm glad they are doing things to improve it. While I lament the loss of the walk around characters of my youth, the stand in line in the hot sun for an autograph we have had for the past 15 years sucks.

I am not advocating that they forgo attraction additions, just that good character interaction is a vital and important part of most family vacation.

But if people want an experience via computer, they'd go to Best Buy. People come to WDW and theme parks for the physical experience at the end of the day. If Disney is investing more money in the virtual rather than the physical, then they've missed their mark. Sure the interactivity is welcomed and fun but there is no way it warrants the price tag. This has money grab written all over it.

If this next gen experience is so top notch, why didn't DLR budget this as their potter killer instead of a new E-Ticket?

Over simplified.

I use my iPhone extensively in the parks, not to text and check e-mail... but in efforts to share the joy, communicate, locate, or enhance my experience. Grabbing a webpage on hidden mickeys while standing in the line for pirates is one the best tools to occupy a ten year old I have ever witnessed. It enhanced our third trip through the detailed queue. Yes, I could have brought a book, but that would be ANOTHER thing I would have to travel with.

I enjoy it. A really awesome internal network with integrated experience could enhance the visit, not turn us into a bunch of virtual drones.

bullsforthewin

have you ever listened to people coming out of epcot. sure people want mickey to talk but they also want more rides for that park. but instead of replacing rides that should have been replaced years ago ( Ellen, imagination,...) you get a talking mickey.

Soooo do you have a billion dollars to invest into a new E-Ticket ride...Disney has a lot on its plate and with the FLE finishing up a talking mickey is okay for now

c-one

They do but they also want things like this...but hey continue to think i am a troll because i rightfully stated that guests dont know what E-Ticket

No, people think you're a troll because you dismiss everyone who criticizes Disney as haters (even when they have a LONG, constructive, thoughtout post backing it up). People think you're a troll because you brag about having the authority to have any guest thrown out of a park. People think you're a troll because you're consistently dismissive without ever going into any sort of depth on anything. And people think you're a troll because you categorize people who want big new attractions as "the lunatic fringe."

Horizonsfan

Drooling Disney Character groupies? Wow. Talk about a selfish point of view.

I have several children and the Character experience for them is fantastic. I'm glad they are doing things to improve it. While I lament the loss of the walk around characters of my youth, the stand in line in the hot sun for an autograph we have had for the past 15 years sucks.

I am not advocating that they forgo attraction additions, just that good character interaction is a vital and important part of most family vacation.

You misinterpreted the post. I was saying that the addition of M&Gs only persuade those who are obsessed with the characters (groupies) to purchase vacations. If they want to better the M&Gs, great but don't try to pretend like they sell the WDW vacations alone. They need new and refreshed attractions.

Over simplified.

I use my iPhone extensively in the parks, not to text and check e-mail... but in efforts to share the joy, communicate, locate, or enhance my experience. Grabbing a webpage on hidden mickeys while standing in the line for pirates is one the best tools to occupy a ten year old I have ever witnessed. It enhanced our third trip through the detailed queue. Yes, I could have brought a book, but that would be ANOTHER thing I would have to travel with.

I enjoy it. A really awesome internal network with integrated experience could enhance the visit, not turn us into a bunch of virtual drones.

No, people think you're a troll because you dismiss everyone who criticizes Disney as haters (even when they have a LONG, constructive, thoughtout post backing it up). People think you're a troll because you brag about having the authority to have any guest thrown out of a park. People think you're a troll because you're consistently dismissive without ever going into any sort of depth on anything. And people think you're a troll because you categorize people who want big new attractions as "the lunatic fringe."

What he said. :)

bullsforthewin

A long, constuctive, thoughtout post that is basically them saying that "Kids dont matter, what i like is the only opinion in the world" is what a hater would say.

I respect lee...he is constructive with his critiques.

Lol i never said those that want big new attractions are a "lunatic fringe", i said those that cry about having a new"E-TICKET RIDE AT ALL PARKS AND NO TALKING MICKEY" are a lunatic fringe

c-one

A long, constuctive, thoughtout post that is basically them saying that "Kids dont matter, what i like is the only opinion in the world" is what a hater would say.

I respect lee...he is constructive with his critiques.

Lol i never said those that want big new attractions are a "lunatic fringe", i said those that cry about having a new"E-TICKET RIDE AT ALL PARKS AND NO TALKING MICKEY" are a lunatic fringe
Good Lord, you're not getting it at all.

Oh and if you are talking about 74...nothing he says is a valid critique...he thinks that Red Lobster is a great restaurant
No, he was saying that Coral Reef is not as good as Red Lobster, the implication being that that's a very bad thing indeed.

whylightbulb

Every time I start thinking that Universal is getting everything right and Disney is getting it all wrong, I think of Rip Ride Rockit, and I'm brought back down to earth. What a misfire that thing is.
I'll be the first to admit that Universal is far from perfect and that Disney does do some things better. While Creative has some very talented individuals overall it is one of the most disorganized and mismanaged divisions in the company. It is truly a miracle when a Universal project turns out right. If it weren't for J.K. and Warner Potter most likely would have been a failure. They always want to blame Mauer for Rockit's problems but a good portion of the blame lies with Creative. This is coming from someone that works with Creative a lot and in differrent capacities.

That being said Disney has other problems mainly because it is larger. Now that Universal is throwing a ton of money into new projects and has new owners we hope things will get better and certain people will disappear.

asianway

Good Lord, you're not getting it at all.

No, he was saying that Coral Reef is not as good as Red Lobster, the implication being that that's a very bad thing indeed.

Coral Reef had crab cakes filled with potato the last time I ate there-it was disgusting

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom