Unique trip planning questions

Maerj

Okay, first of all this isn't for me, its for a friend at work. It's his first time to Florida, they are actually going to the Daytona 500 next February. He told me he wants to go to Disney World for one day as a surprise for his wife. They are both in their sixties and he also says that they are going to have eleven people in the group including one in a walker.

My first suggestion was to go for more than one day. He asked if there was that much to see there, of course I said yes and that you can easily spend a week there. He seems to be really interested in just going for one day and as cheaply as possible. All the people in the group have RVs and are planning on staying off property.

So I'm asking... what is the cheapest way for him and his party to get tickets? He wants to know if there is a group discount, I said I don't think for 11 people. I suggested also that they do the Magic Kingdom since they are only going for one day. Can they still set Fast Passes from home like we do when we do a package deal? Any advice, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Maerj

Original Poster
Thank you for the replies and suggestions! . I think that LAKid53 may be right though and that I should wash my hands of it and stay out of it. I will mention that its a busy week and that there is a marathon going on at that time.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thank you for the replies and suggestions! . I think that LAKid53 may be right though and that I should wash my hands of it and stay out of it. I will mention that its a busy week and that there is a marathon going on at that time.

Let them know that Princess Marathon weekend means at least an extra 30,000 visitors between runners, family/friends and volunteers. If the 2018 races are like this year's, both the 10k and Half starting point will be the MK parking lot, so half of the parking lot will be unavailable.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Perhaps suggest Disney Springs to just walk around for free, The meal pricing is what it is, but at least they wont have invested in the price of a theme park ticket to not do/see anything in the parks. Good luck!! Marie

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Perhaps suggest Disney Springs to just walk around for free, The meal pricing is what it is, but at least they wont have invested in the price of a theme park ticket to not do/see anything in the parks. Good luck!! Marie

Don't forget the shopping....the reason I've never been able to walk around Disney Springs "for free", lol.

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
Let them know that Princess Marathon weekend means at least an extra 30,000 visitors between runners, family/friends and volunteers. If the 2018 races are like this year's, both the 10k and Half starting point will be the MK parking lot, so half of the parking lot will be unavailable.

I tried today. He kind of just brushed me off, so I am officially washing my hands of it. I hope his trip turns out well but he seems like he doesn't want to hear anymore about wdw and is just going to do what he wants. So, no hard feelings on my part, but it looks like my part of his potential trip planning is over. Thank you to everyone who commented here though, I appreciate your help! :D

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
I tried today. He kind of just brushed me off, so I am officially washing my hands of it. I hope his trip turns out well but he seems like he doesn't want to hear anymore about wdw and is just going to do what he wants. So, no hard feelings on my part, but it looks like my part of his potential trip planning is over. Thank you to everyone who commented here though, I appreciate your help! :D

As my late mother would say, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". Best course of action for your sanity.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

If you're just doing one day in the parks have you considered Epcot? World Showcase may be a better fit for 60+ age group. Also, I would consider renting an ECV for the person in the walker.

The first thing I thought was Epcot as well for this age group. But they should ultimately make the decision basked on what they want to do.

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
That sounds like a nightmare, glad you are off the hook! When he comes back complaining just smile and nod.

Well, he really seems to not want to talk about it at all, so I took the hint and that's fine. WDW isn't for everyone but if you're going to do it, you should do it. Especially if its going to be the one and only time. People who have never been there really don't understand what is involved, like my friend from work, they think its just like your local amusement park. But I really do hope he has a good time IF he and his party decide to go.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Honestly, it sounds as though they aren't going and he doesn't want to tell you thinking it might hurt your feelings since your tried to help!? IDK just brainstorming! He sounds like a MATURE man set in his ways and does things his own way, no matter if he asks for advice from experienced travelers or not! Just like the Bible tells us, to turn the other cheek! that's what needs to be done IN OV E and FRIENDSHIP! :) PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED WITH A POST AFTER HE GETS BACK! BECASUE HE WILL LET YOU KNOW! :)

Upvote 0

Maerj

Original Poster
Honestly, it sounds as though they aren't going and he doesn't want to tell you thinking it might hurt your feelings since your tried to help!? IDK just brainstorming! He sounds like a MATURE man set in his ways and does things his own way, no matter if he asks for advice from experienced travelers or not! Just like the Bible tells us, to turn the other cheek! that's what needs to be done IN OV E and FRIENDSHIP! :) PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED WITH A POST AFTER HE GETS BACK! BECASUE HE WILL LET YOU KNOW! :)

He says that they are definitely going... for one day just as he planned. It doesn't bother at if he goes or not but I do hope they have a good time. First timers seem to not understand what they are getting into, ask for help, then think you're exaggerating. Then they go and find out for themselves. I guess that's just what hey have to do. I will let you guys know what happens but that won't be until the end of February.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom