Unfouruate Ride Experiances

bubbles

Original Poster
Unfortunate Ride Experiences

I know there are many people out there who have experienced some pretty unfortunate ride experiances and i would love to hear em!

*My most unfortunate experience was when my family and I rode test track and the ride broke down. But thats not the worst part, we were stuck in the cold chamber. It was the longest 20 minutes of my life! They turned it off after the first 15 minutes, but it was still bad. :eek:

TTATraveler

ChipmunkStar said:
After growing up riding the classic Pirates of the Carribbean in CA, I once rode the Florida version.

The End.
:lol: Yeah, WDW's Pirates is nowhere near as good as the original in DL. I guess on the flip side, it is unfortunate that I waited until nearly 2 years ago to vist DL for the first time and see how much better POTC was.

crazygirley

I honestly can't think of one off hand... that must be good. Now let me think for a moment...

... Nope. Nothing. But perhaps always getting stuck at some point in the HM is a litte "unfortunate", especially when they turn the lights on. Other than that, nothing that sticks in my mind. Here's one happy patron.

Dean[AU]

And a Lift Hill? I'm pretty sure there wasnt one at wdw.. :S.. because they have seperate load/unload stations.

BTW: Ride caps of DLP coming soon.

TTATraveler

Dean[AU] said:
And a Lift Hill? I'm pretty sure there wasnt one at wdw.. :S.. because they have seperate load/unload stations.

BTW: Ride caps of DLP coming soon.
After you get off the boat at the unload station at WDW, you go up a speedramp and boats go up a lift hill to the load station.

TTATraveler

Another unfortunate ride experience was riding the version of JIYI that opened after they decided to take the superb original ride and turn it into a piece of crap ride.

se8472

Was raining so me and my friends jumped on splash....

Got stuck outside in the rain on splashfor a good 15-20 mins. That was about it.

Dean[AU]

Yeah, I had like 2x5 min waits on lift hills during torrental rain.. maybe it has a problem with rain or something (i know that doesnt make any sence, but hey.)

dukein2009

Splash

I was on Splash Mountain on a late closing night and I was the only one on the log. There was nobody on the log in front of me or behind me. I felt like I was the only one on the ride. After we went past the outside part early in the ride where you go under the chirping birds, the ride stopped, yes, on the water part, not a lift. They must have block sections which can stop a ride during some parts, other than lifts.

Just so you all know, when they stop the logs in the river parts, the water keeps going. There was a log stopped in front of me and between that log and my log the water was being pinched off and got higher and higher and began flowing over into the log. The log was nearly sunk and I had to finish the ride with the log half full of water. It was an absolute disaster.

BeachClubVillas

I was 10 when I went to WDW for the first time. I was really excited about riding Splash Mountain, but when I got there I almost chickened out. My dad convinced me to go on because there was no line. We ended up getting stuck going up a lift hill for over two hours! Luckily it wasn't the big lift hill, but it was still really uncomfortable! I was terrified, and my poor mother was waiting outside for us and thought someone had fallen out of the boat. It was a couple of years before I got back on that ride.

Edeyore

Unfortunate Ride Experiences

Splash Mountain, unfortunately, was also my worst. Just as we were going to
go up the last climb hill the ride stopped. We were there for about an hour, with about eight logs lined-up, when they came in and lead us out through
the back of the ride. At first you are thinking this is cool, until you follow them
out back and it looks like a warehouse building and they say you leave through that gate. No apology, just get off the ride and go away.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve been on Spaceship Earth a few times when it hsa stopped (normally for loading/unloading reasons) - in 1990 it was held for a good 5 minutes (whoopee!!) and we NEVER got evacuated.... of all the attractions this is the one I would most like to see with the work lights on. Not a bad experience, but unfortunate to obsessive attraction fans like me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom