UnDiscovered Walt Disney World Special

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by StuntDoomBuggy
*sigh* Why Must I miss ALL 3 Parts.. I only watched like 15 of it.. *sigh*.. 1st showing, just came from school, missed 75% of it.. 2nd showing, went to a birthday party, missed 90% of it.. last showing.. over slept and JUST missed it! missed all 100% of it.. ohh.. when will they show it again.. not for like, 3 weeks now that i am looking at the scheduel.. ohh.. anyway, on topic, from what i see, its great..

Don't worry. I know how you can miss 0% of it. I am upping it to Popkid in IRC right now. Give it a day or so to completely upload.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by CTXRover
Except one, which was the technology that is used in Spectromagic. I've taken the Keys to the Kingdom tour and we were never told any of that.

But it was in the Backstage Magic tour. :D They spent alot of time at the float area on that tour and they did go over the stuff this show states on the technology.

We're going in like 14 days, and this show really has me ready to go! Exspecially since we are staying at AKL and doing the Sunrise Safari that they showed.

Can't wait! :sohappy:

mikeb_86

This was a very good special even if i did know a few things. My rating i give it a 10 out of 10!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

mikeb_86

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I would also say that this show proves that Disney has the "Best of the Best" working throughout the parks/resorts. Very impressed with all of the hard work, detail, and technology being used, especially in the creative design of all things Disney.

Great Work to everyone connected with Disney.

Thank you for all your hard work!!!!!
Keep it up!!!!

WDW1971

Originally posted by nikechic
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have cable anymore. is anyone willing to tape it for me? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

I would do anything.

Laurel:kiss: :kiss:

Speaking for us happily married men...:brick:

:lol: :lookaroun

disnyfan89

Yes lots of people don't know about a special NIGHT TIME ONLY PARADE!!!! :rolleyes:

I can understand saying that no one knows about the techology part of the parade, but saying no one knows about it would be the wrong thing to say!! Its only backed every night they have it!
:rolleyes:

nikechic

So who is willing to send this poor pathetic cableless girl a copy of the Show?

What do I need to do for it? Skip, get your mind out of the gutter!!:lol: :lol:

Laurel

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
But it was in the Backstage Magic tour. :D They spent alot of time at the float area on that tour and they did go over the stuff this show states on the technology.

We're going in like 14 days, and this show really has me ready to go! Exspecially since we are staying at AKL and doing the Sunrise Safari that they showed.

Can't wait! :sohappy:

Please please please post your opinion of the Sunrise Safari, I am so curious to know if it is worth it to stay concierge to go on it! thanks:p

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by nikechic
So who is willing to send this poor pathetic cableless girl a copy of the Show?

What do I need to do for it? Skip, get your mind out of the gutter!!:lol: :lol:

Laurel

It's now available on the IRC channel, but it is 351MB. Do you at least have cable internet or DSL? You could download it fast if you do. :)

Dean[AU]

15:27 | <popkidWDW> There are 4 queues waiting.
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Queue #1 for lauderdal is queued for file travel_channel_disneylandparis_divx5.05_(bcx).avi «350MB» using the Fserve.
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Queue #2 for lauderdal is queued for file travel_channel_wdw_resort_behind_the_scenes_(bcx).avi «348MB» using the Fserve.
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Queue #3 for rinkerr is queued for file travel_channel_greathotels_grandfloridian_hq_(bcx).avi «175MB» using the Fserve.
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Queue #4 for Dean[AU] is queued for file travel_channel_undiscoveredwdw_hq_(bcx).avi «351MB» using the Fserve.
15:27 | <Dean[AU]> sends
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Currently there are 5 sends in progress.
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Send #1: DCA has 45% of travel_channel_disneylandparis_divx5.05_(bcx).avi(350MB) at 19.6KB/s. «About 2hrs 45mins left»
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Send #2: lauderdal has 61% of travel_channel_undiscoveredwdw_hq_(bcx).avi(351MB) at 39.8KB/s. «About 58mins left»
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Send #3: JustABigK has 37% of travel_channel_undiscoveredwdw_hq_(bcx).avi(351MB) at 39.0KB/s. «About 1hr 36mins left»
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Send #4: HPN720 has 45% of travelchannel_wildernesslodge_(bcx).avi(133MB) at 39.8KB/s. «About 30mins left»
15:27 | <popkidWDW> Send #5: rinkerr has 8% of travel_channel_undiscoveredwdw_hq_(bcx).avi(351MB) at 38.3KB/s. «About 2hrs 22mins left»

heheh

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by pocahontas79
Please please please post your opinion of the Sunrise Safari, I am so curious to know if it is worth it to stay concierge to go on it! thanks:p

No need to plead, I'd be more than happy to tell you. :D

The Sunrise Safari was deffinatly the highlight of our last trip. We booked the concierge specificaly to be able to do the tour.

I've done the regular AK safari ride several times, and this was the best time I've ever had on it, hands down.

We saw EVERY animal at the park except for one type of antilope, and most of them were close enough to almost touch them. The ride was about 45 min long, and if you ever have been on the regular park hours ride, you'd know this is a very big difference.

We stoped often and just sat there to take picture while our guide would answer questions and talk about the wildlife. Animals were constantly walking accross the truck path. We had a Girraffi walk right up to us and peer in on us. And a few seconds a terror when one of the Rhino's decided to stair us down. The guide said the Rhino always wins. :lol:

Spike (the lion) was doing his morning roar, which was wonderful to see. We could hear it well before we ever saw him. It was right out of Lion King, I swear.

I have video tape and picture of the whole thing, and it's still just as exciting to see now as it was to experiance it last year.

We are booked for concierge again for our trip later this month, and we will be doing the Sunrise again. If you book concierge at AKL, it's a must to do this tour.

All the animals are alert and walking around. All are very close to the truck tracks. It was the best AK experiance I've ever had, second only to the Trainer for a Day tour I did at Discovery Cove.

The only down side is that you have to pay extra for it at about $40 a person. It's also limited to 2 times a week, so book it as soon as you get your reservations to AKL, 'cos it fills up real quick.

Oh, and the breakfast afterwards is very good, as good as a Boma breakfast. They hold it at the Tusket House after the ride.

If you like animals and like AK, you'll love the Sunrise Safari, plus you'd be staying at AKL on concierge, what's better than that! :sohappy:

Have fun!

CTXRover

Originally posted by disnyfan89
Yes lots of people don't know about a special NIGHT TIME ONLY PARADE!!!! :rolleyes:

I can understand saying that no one knows about the techology part of the parade, but saying no one knows about it would be the wrong thing to say!! Its only backed every night they have it!
:rolleyes:

:lol: Yea, I laughed at this too. It's so not known that they have two performances of it during the peak times. :rolleyes:

A better night time special that a lot people really don't know about is the water pageant on the SSL and Bay lake that can be seen from all the Mk resorts.

GaryT977

I thoroughly enjoyed this special, but I do have a question. Was this done by Disney? It really seemed to be an advertisement to get people who thought they've seen it all to come back.

BTW - One if my best friends did the dive at Living Seas and is still talking about it. Did you know you get a videotape of your dive?

:D

DisneyPhD

Like many of us Disney Nuts here at WDWMagic, we knew most of it, but learned some new things about it. (I had never seen inside the yachat at GF, and most likely never will)

Here is a the list of the few things I thought of that they left out.

1) All the wonderful Spas and treatments you can have at many of the resorts.

2) The fun little "programs" you can sign your kids up for like the Mad Tea Party, and Pirate cruise, cooking at the land (not sure on all of these since Little PhD is too young still)

3) The boats at the Epcot resorts that you can also see fireworks from (kinda covered with MK, but not fully)

4) The whole Boardwalk area. (SAB at Y&B too.)

5) DVC (but this would have just been a ad plug.) However most people don't even know you can have "time shares" right at WDW.

Can you think of any more?

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
No need to plead, I'd be more than happy to tell you. :D

The Sunrise Safari was deffinatly the highlight of our last trip. We booked the concierge specificaly to be able to do the tour.

I've done the regular AK safari ride several times, and this was the best time I've ever had on it, hands down.

We saw EVERY animal at the park except for one type of antilope, and most of them were close enough to almost touch them. The ride was about 45 min long, and if you ever have been on the regular park hours ride, you'd know this is a very big difference.

We stoped often and just sat there to take picture while our guide would answer questions and talk about the wildlife. Animals were constantly walking accross the truck path. We had a Girraffi walk right up to us and peer in on us. And a few seconds a terror when one of the Rhino's decided to stair us down. The guide said the Rhino always wins. :lol:

Spike (the lion) was doing his morning roar, which was wonderful to see. We could hear it well before we ever saw him. It was right out of Lion King, I swear.

I have video tape and picture of the whole thing, and it's still just as exciting to see now as it was to experiance it last year.

We are booked for concierge again for our trip later this month, and we will be doing the Sunrise again. If you book concierge at AKL, it's a must to do this tour.

All the animals are alert and walking around. All are very close to the truck tracks. It was the best AK experiance I've ever had, second only to the Trainer for a Day tour I did at Discovery Cove.

The only down side is that you have to pay extra for it at about $40 a person. It's also limited to 2 times a week, so book it as soon as you get your reservations to AKL, 'cos it fills up real quick.

Oh, and the breakfast afterwards is very good, as good as a Boma breakfast. They hold it at the Tusket House after the ride.

If you like animals and like AK, you'll love the Sunrise Safari, plus you'd be staying at AKL on concierge, what's better than that! :sohappy:

Have fun!

Thanks for your story. So breakfast is included or extra? It sounds amazing!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by pocahontas79
Thanks for your story. So breakfast is included or extra? It sounds amazing!

It's included. Plus the guides stay with you and eat with you, so you can continue to ask questions and talk to them about the work they do at AKL/AK. Most are animal trainers.

RU42

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
It's now available on the IRC channel, but it is 351MB. Do you at least have cable internet or DSL? You could download it fast if you do. :)

As a side note, while Jedi was making the Divx version I made the SVCD version.

Right now the SVCD is being posted to alt.binaries.multimedia.disney. The SVCD should be uploaded to Disney-Central tonight.

RU

TURKEY

Akira

I would love to do this. I absolutely love the safari, except for the poacher thing. I assume they don't do this on the sunrise safari.

I'm curious on how long a stay must be to take part in this. I've stayed at AKL in a pool view, but would be willing to spend the money on concierge for one or two nights in order to do this.

Can anyone help on this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom