Uhhh, what does this mean?

Right now, Epcot has way too many priorities to worry about, and rebuilding IASW there isn’t one of them. While I see your point, it’s just not necessary, especially right now.
It’s necesary. Epcot is having a refurbishment where IASW fits. It’s now or in another 10 years. The relocation will bring space to a park that have a lot of IPs that matches well

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster

Attachments

• F2E195C2-238D-4CAC-A4DC-A90E1608504B.jpeg
    F2E195C2-238D-4CAC-A4DC-A90E1608504B.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 59

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If they have to replace a dark ride with Brave, Little Mermaid would be my choice.
I disagree. Little Mermaid is a solid ride, as I've said many times.

There are PLENTY of other attractions that are much worse off than Little Mermaid. They need to expand Fantasyland into Tomorrowland Speedway and replace the dated go karts.

I disagree. Little Mermaid is a solid ride, as I've said many times.

There are PLENTY of other attractions that are much worse off than Little Mermaid. They need to expand Fantasyland into Tomorrowland Speedway and replace the dated go karts.
The Tomorrowland Speedway can be fixed and turned into a partial dark ride or anything else. Tomorrowland needs to be remodeled like the one in Shanghai but it is a great land. Epcot seems like WDW Tomorrowland and that isn’t fair. Imagineers have to put work into Tomorrowland’s rides and architecture, make it feel more open.
I agree that the little mermaid dark ride is good, and I insist the place were IASW sits now should be used for another non IP based ride, Pinochio ride (Because of the restaurant), another Disney character (that fit’s in Fantasyland) or the Brave ride. Of course IASW needs to be relocated to Epcot, were it belongs.

Tomorrowland needs to get rid of Buzz Lightyear because it fits in TL at DHS and get more non IP based futuristic rides

PD: How can I start a conversation, I want to start one about what Disney should do to improve Tomorrowland.

WondersOfLife

I want to start one about what Disney should do to improve Tomorrowland.
Starting a conversation with "I think it would be cool if..." instead of "Disney needs to.." is a world of difference because then it's a "my opinion is" instead of a "Disney is stupid if they don't do this."

An opinion based conversation starter instead of a "my way or the highway" starter.

Starting a conversation with "I think it would be cool if..." instead of "Disney needs to.." is a world of difference because then it's a "my opinion is" instead of a "Disney is stupid if they don't do this."

An opinion based conversation starter instead of a "my way or the highway" starter.
You’re right. I am not a native speaker so it’s not easy to formulate the things I post.

Anyway, how do I start the conversation

The Mom

Premium Member
The Tomorrowland Speedway can be fixed and turned into a partial dark ride or anything else. Tomorrowland needs to be remodeled like the one in Shanghai but it is a great land. Epcot seems like WDW Tomorrowland and that isn’t fair. Imagineers have to put work into Tomorrowland’s rides and architecture, make it feel more open.
I agree that the little mermaid dark ride is good, and I insist the place were IASW sits now should be used for another non IP based ride, Pinochio ride (Because of the restaurant), another Disney character (that fit’s in Fantasyland) or the Brave ride. Of course IASW needs to be relocated to Epcot, were it belongs.

Tomorrowland needs to get rid of Buzz Lightyear because it fits in TL at DHS and get more non IP based futuristic rides

PD: How can I start a conversation, I want to start one about what Disney should do to improve Tomorrowland.

Go to the correct area - such as WDW General Discussion. You will see an orange rectangle which reads "Post Thread". Click on it, and post a thread - the only difference between that and repyling to a thread is that you have to write a title for your thread in the designated space.

Homemade Imagineering

The moving of the ride wouldn’t need a lot of budget (in my opinion) and the only thing that matches IASW and Fantasyland is the way the ride was done, but not what the ride is about. It would fit perfectly in Epcot
Actually it will cost them money, because they have to gut the sets and scenery, build a new showbuilding in Epcot, and move the sets into the new showbuilding along with a replicated ride system. It’s not worth it, trust me. What we need is Journey into Imagination with the Dreamfinder. Plus, the sets are all plywood and plaster of Paris based, so it would be hard to move everything that’s been sitting there since 1971 without something being destroyed on accident.

Actually it will cost them money, because they have to gut the sets and scenery, build a new showbuilding in Epcot, and move the sets into the new showbuilding along with a replicated ride system. It’s not worth it, trust me. What we need is Journey into Imagination with the Dreamfinder...
You’re right. It will be better in other moment. But in 5/10 years...It could be possible

Homemade Imagineering

You’re right. It will be better in other moment. But in 5/10 years...It could be possible
Even then, I’d rather they rebuild Horizons, or give us an all new original E ticket at Epcot. Trust me, the cost to go through the process of moving, gutting, and demoing everything seems like a completely unnecessary move. Instead of building a replica of Disneyland’s Pinocchio in the space of IASW, wouldn’t you rather see Epcot get the love and attention it needs with an all new E ticket, heck maybe even a horizons 2.0?

Even then, I’d rather they rebuild Horizons, or give us an all new original E ticket at Epcot. Trust me, the cost to go through the process of moving, gutting, and demoing everything seems like a completely unnecessary move. Instead of building a replica of Disneyland’s Pinocchio in the space of IASW, wouldn’t you rather see Epcot get the love and attention it needs with an all new E ticket, heck maybe even a horizons 2.0?
Not really. The space in MK is very valuable and IASW fits perfectly with Epcot. I think they need to move it

WondersOfLife

The moving of the ride wouldn’t need a lot of budget (in my opinion) and the only thing that matches IASW and Fantasyland is the way the ride was done, but not what the ride is about. It would fit perfectly in Epcot
I'm not saying it wouldn't fit in Epcot. I'm saying, with Disney's track record, if they moved IASW to Epcot, then we'd get another Epcot Expansion project scrapped that was already promised to us. Whether it be the Play pavilion, the Mary Poppins flat ride, or the relocation of Club Cool. If IASW already exists somewhere else, then let it be until Epcot is done with the numerous projects already promised to us.

Also I guess I misunderstood your original question on starting a conversation. The Mom helped I assume.

ppete1975

I just feel like it would fit better in EPCOT, theme wise. Epcot is about celebrating the world, and So is it’s a small world. Plus; the other big caveat with it in Magic Kingdom is it’s land. It could be like a gateway to another attraction.
That only works on theme park games. The cost to do that is way more than imagineering will ever spend. Same thing for cop.

I'm not saying it wouldn't fit in Epcot. I'm saying, with Disney's track record, if they moved IASW to Epcot, then we'd get another Epcot Expansion project scrapped that was already promised to us. Whether it be the Play pavilion, the Mary Poppins flat ride, or the relocation of Club Cool. If IASW already exists somewhere else, then let it be until Epcot is done with the numerous projects already promised to us.

Also I guess I misunderstood your original question on starting a conversation. The Mom helped I assume.
It’s true that the relocation is not worth the scrap of one of the Epcot projects but in a period of time like 5/10 years the relocation would be reasonable.
Thanks for understanding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom