UFO at the Studios?

Chernabog

I saw this object while driving down World drive that night. I would like to take the opportunity to point out that this was the same night as Wrestlemania and the object wasn't over DHS but closer to the city of Orlando. Chances are it was a blimp or flying billboard or something over the Citrus Bowl for advertising/filming of Wrestlemania XXIV.

I'll admit it looked odd and i was a little confused when i saw it, but spaec ship it was not.

Edeyore

Great just what we need. The parks aren't crowded enough now we have extraterrestrials coming to Disney World. I wonder what kind of deal they getting on rooms? :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Not the band UFO then :shrug:
UFObook.jpg

jorgetheviking

There is this thing, I don't know if it is a plane or what. Anyways, it has a big screen under it so as it flies over it shows advertisements and various other things. It looks like a UFO or something but I'm pretty sure it's a plane with some big screen underneath it. When you look up it looks like you are looking at a flying billboard basically. Maybe people were dumb enough to think that was a UFO? I'll admit, it's pretty odd the first time you see it. I saw it flying over Disney once when I was working (coincidentally, DHS).
If thats what it was then I saw that March 30th at Universal Studios.

Dskipper

or maybe there getting mgm mixed up with the amc at down town disney, you know they all look the same, and saw the ufo disc stuck into planet hollywood.:drevil: and you know that is the same disc from mib, universal is still looking for it.

George

Liker of Things
There is this thing, I don't know if it is a plane or what. Anyways, it has a big screen under it so as it flies over it shows advertisements and various other things. It looks like a UFO or something but I'm pretty sure it's a plane with some big screen underneath it. When you look up it looks like you are looking at a flying billboard basically. Maybe people were dumb enough to think that was a UFO? I'll admit, it's pretty odd the first time you see it. I saw it flying over Disney once when I was working (coincidentally, DHS).

This sounds like a possibility. I would refrain from calling a group dumb just because the couldn't identify an object in the night sky. Lots of stuff looks different at night. Just like a lot of stuff looks different when you're looking at a big body of water. You just lose perspective.

tigfan said:
So you brought your camera with you on the trip, but then you went to see Fantasmic and you left your camera at the hotel?? Hmmmm...Sorry, but I'm not buying your story. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I find DAK far and away the most photogenic of the parks and on my last trip I didn't bring my camera to DAK. I just forgot it. The only thing I really regret is that I missed getting pics of the escaped lions mauling the Micronesian tour group. :lookaroun

Dskipper

anyways in all realness, yea you like that huh (ness). there have been alot of the bi planes with the leds light screens on the bellies of the planes flying around disney and i drive area alot lately, its there new way of advertisment. and iv seen them were the led screens were not working right and just be a white bright board. more then likely that is what it was, soo yea its a ufo for the people that didnt know what it was. on the other hand tinker bell has been out in the parks playing at night to, and when she flie fast all you see light and pixe dust.:hurl:

100 Acre HS

I have chills right now, I was at Epcot at the same time and saw what you are talking about. It had a solid red light on the top, and flashing white lights on the far right and left, on the underside were white lights that were rotating around the craft. We were in Mexico looking towards DHS after ROE and there it was, just taking its time heading from the lagoon towards DHS. My brother in law tried to get a picture with his camera phone, but it came out all blurry, and my sister in law didn't get her camera out fast enough. My wife saw it too, everyone was just standing there staring at it.

Jpfan4ever

Original Poster
Yes 100 Acre HS, thats pretty much what happened to me. My first thoughts were that it maybe was an advertisment, but it looked funny, I don't know?:shrug: To answer your question tigfan, I have a Sony handycam (video camera/regular picture camera). My family and I were at EPCOT in the moring and my camera was on low battery. We went back to the hotel and I let my camera charge while we went to our reservation at Hollywood and Vine (for the Fantasmic dining show package) Thats why I only had my phone. I am 100% not lying about this story, This was my account on what happened, It may have been an advertisment like many of you have said. I have just never seen any like that. Or maybe it was a UFO, again that is why I started this thread to ask if anyone had info on the convention or was there that night.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I saw this object while driving down World drive that night. I would like to take the opportunity to point out that this was the same night as Wrestlemania and the object wasn't over DHS but closer to the city of Orlando. Chances are it was a blimp or flying billboard or something over the Citrus Bowl for advertising/filming of Wrestlemania XXIV.

I'll admit it looked odd and i was a little confused when i saw it, but spaec ship it was not.

That's right... there were multiple advertisement planes flying around the stadium, as well as the DirecTV blimp.

EpcotServo

I have chills right now, I was at Epcot at the same time and saw what you are talking about. It had a solid red light on the top, and flashing white lights on the far right and left, on the underside were white lights that were rotating around the craft. We were in Mexico looking towards DHS after ROE and there it was, just taking its time heading from the lagoon towards DHS. My brother in law tried to get a picture with his camera phone, but it came out all blurry, and my sister in law didn't get her camera out fast enough. My wife saw it too, everyone was just standing there staring at it.

Hmmmm....interesting. I think your view of the object from that angle gives this case a little extra mystery. Let me go through some of the possible explanations.

-Theme Park Balloon
I've seen that at both day, and night. The problem is that it has a very willy-nillie flight pattern, and is VERY small. They always get smaller to the eye as they rise too, and at that point it just doesn't fit the accounts at all. There's also no way it could've been seen from Epcot.

-Hot Air Balloon
Yes, we have alot of them.....But they only do it early in the morning. They can not do it at night. And even if so, there'd be only a tiny flame and a glow.

-Blimp or other object from event in Orlando
This seems to be the major contender. There's problems though: If you're standing at Mexico at EPCOT, and seeing the object fly from right to left, you're not facing Orlando at all. And if it is a stray blimp, it seems to be violating the no-fly zone. Why would it be traveling that way? And I've (recently) seen a blimp at night, and while it looked strange, it looked nothing like the two reports. Not in the least. I was in a moving car, and came from a long distance, to nearly under the night-Blimp, so I saw it from a lot of angles. It just doesn't match what they say they saw.

Ok, a few more questions. (For both of you)

About how high up was the object. Would you say...

-10,000 feet and above

-600 feet to 10,000 feet

-under 600 feet

When the object left your sight, how did it exit?

-It continued forward travel and left your view

-You stopped looking

-Other (Please describe)

From when you started viewing it, to the time that it left your sight, how much time had passed? (In easier terms: How long were you viewing it?)

To 100 Acre HS: Could please describe the lights you saw were under the craft?

It's about time something interesting happened to talk about...
:D

(Oh, and please, if you can: Go ahead and post the blurry photos, I'd still like to see them.)

Jpfan4ever

Original Poster
I remember seeing it hover (near Brown Derby) and just sitting there for about 5-8 sec. Then it started rotating and moving to the left towards 50's Prime/Indy area. It took about 12 sec for it to get over there, so about 20 sec for the whole thing. It made no noise and it seemed very close. Close enough for me to tell it was no balloon or blimp. The lights did blink. I remember lights on the bottom but I didn't get a good look at the top. I just glided and then disappeared behind some three palm trees and it was gone.I'm not sure how how it was but it was not 10,000 ft. It was much closer. From where I was standing I would say it was the height on 1 1/2 Cinderella castles.
I'll post my 2 pics later:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom