1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Uber from MCO

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by Stevek, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Stevek

Stevek Well-Known Member

I will be at a sales meeting in Orlando and my wife will be coming in to MCO toward the end of the meeting so we can spend a few days at the resort. Assuming the hotel shuttle isn't an option (it may be), is UBER and option from MCO? I know there were some challenges but the info online is a bit iffy.

2. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

Straight from the source:
    https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/

If you're staying on property, she can take Magical Express even though it's not the first day of the reservation. She just has to be listed on the hotel reservation.

-Rob

3. Mark P.

Mark P. Well-Known Member

That page buries the lede: UberX (the most economical option) is simply not an option leaving MCO. You'll pay something like 2x more for UberSELECT compared to what UberX *would* cost you if it were an option. Thanks, Mears!

Sans Souci likes this.
  4. DiSnEyF@n

DiSnEyF@n Well-Known Member

Curious about this and what others have experienced too??????????

5. Legendary

Legendary Member

I have read numerous posts on here that Disney has been banning some Uber drivers. Uber may not be an option at all in the future since the "Minnie Vans" have started to roll out.

6. Mark P.

I sure hope not: those vans are economical for parties of four or more, but an UberX sedan will always be less than $20 intrapark.

Legendary likes this.
  7. Legendary

Legendary Member

Disney claims that it's private property and they are trespassing because they are not guests. They can not stop you from ordering a ride but they have stopped drivers after they have dropped off and apparently banned them. Not sure how they exactly do that.

8. DiSnEyF@n

DiSnEyF@n Well-Known Member

Hmmm ok. That stinks. Good to know. I don't want any issues when coming and going... We're staying at the Swan and Dolphin so there's no DME. I will spend the extra $20 and rent a small car. Thanks for the info.

9. Mark P.

How recent is this information? Very disappointing if true, since for the past several months Disney has actually worked to increasingly accommodate rideshare services, so this seems like a major step backward.

10. DisneyJoe

DisneyJoe Well-Known Member

11. Mark P.

UberSELECT and others have been available for MCO pickups for quite some time now, it was UberX that was prohibited until just recently.

12. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

Some Uber drivers have been banned but it's because of their bad driving or habitually going into unauthorized areas and acting like they didn't know. Among other things

13. Driver

Driver Well-Known Member

They get the registrations of the offenders and give them to the sheriffs. The problem is some of these drivers jump in bus p/u areas this is not acceptable and it dangerous. Guest will walk thru the bus areas trying to get to or from these drivers and have to walk thru and around bus traffic. This is a hazard that is created by the Uber drivers going into these places. So the repeat offenders get banned.

DiSnEyF@n likes this.
  14. Mark P.

I just got a response from the WDWToday account stating that "As far as we know they [rideshare services] will still be able to continue!" I think that @Driver is right: the prohibitions are being levied on a driver-by-driver basis due to repeat infractions.

15. Legendary

Legendary Member

That's good news. I love having options. Uber is a great service and would hate to see it gone from WDW.

16. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

Mostly hearsay and panick. I use Uber to and from and all over the resort every week and have never had a problem.

Mark P. likes this.