Uber from MCO

Stevek

I will be at a sales meeting in Orlando and my wife will be coming in to MCO toward the end of the meeting so we can spend a few days at the resort. Assuming the hotel shuttle isn't an option (it may be), is UBER and option from MCO? I know there were some challenges but the info online is a bit iffy.

Mark P.

Straight from the source:
https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/

If you're staying on property, she can take Magical Express even though it's not the first day of the reservation. She just has to be listed on the hotel reservation.

-Rob
That page buries the lede: UberX (the most economical option) is simply not an option leaving MCO. You'll pay something like 2x more for UberSELECT compared to what UberX *would* cost you if it were an option. Thanks, Mears!

Upvote 0

Legendary

I have read numerous posts on here that Disney has been banning some Uber drivers. Uber may not be an option at all in the future since the "Minnie Vans" have started to roll out.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

I have read numerous posts on here that Disney has been banning some Uber drivers. Uber may not be an option at all in the future since the "Minnie Vans" have started to roll out.
I sure hope not: those vans are economical for parties of four or more, but an UberX sedan will always be less than $20 intrapark.

Upvote 0

Legendary

Disney claims that it's private property and they are trespassing because they are not guests. They can not stop you from ordering a ride but they have stopped drivers after they have dropped off and apparently banned them. Not sure how they exactly do that.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Hmmm ok. That stinks. Good to know. I don't want any issues when coming and going... We're staying at the Swan and Dolphin so there's no DME. I will spend the extra $20 and rent a small car. Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

Disney claims that it's private property and they are trespassing because they are not guests. They can not stop you from ordering a ride but they have stopped drivers after they have dropped off and apparently banned them. Not sure how they exactly do that.
How recent is this information? Very disappointing if true, since for the past several months Disney has actually worked to increasingly accommodate rideshare services, so this seems like a major step backward.

Upvote 0

Driver

Some Uber drivers have been banned but it's because of their bad driving or habitually going into unauthorized areas and acting like they didn't know. Among other things

Upvote 0

Driver

They get the registrations of the offenders and give them to the sheriffs. The problem is some of these drivers jump in bus p/u areas this is not acceptable and it dangerous. Guest will walk thru the bus areas trying to get to or from these drivers and have to walk thru and around bus traffic. This is a hazard that is created by the Uber drivers going into these places. So the repeat offenders get banned.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

I just got a response from the WDWToday account stating that "As far as we know they [rideshare services] will still be able to continue!" I think that @Driver is right: the prohibitions are being levied on a driver-by-driver basis due to repeat infractions.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom