Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

P_Radden

New concept art:
sadfasdf.jpg

http://www./2017/01/new-artwork-rev...rslide-opening-at-walt-disney-world-in-march/

Rinx

Miss Fortune was probably seen as too ominous and not fun enough. I don't know but in my opinion I feel played. It's been hyped as the longest water ride at over two minutes in length but now to find out that the conveyor lift is part of the ride really takes the wind out of my sails (yeah, I just did that :p). Probably nearly half the ride time, no?

Kman101

Miss Fortune was probably seen as too ominous and not fun enough. I don't know but in my opinion I feel played. It's been hyped as the longest water ride at over two minutes in length but now to find out that the conveyor lift is part of the ride really takes the wind out of my sails (yeah, I just did that :p). Probably nearly half the ride time, no?

I was just thinking the same thing. The actual water portion of the ride doesn't seem very long so it's probably half lift/half ride. Kind of misleading.

Are they reusing the Parrot animatronic from Pirates of the Caribbean or one discarded from the Tiki room? LOL

Oriolesmagic

Potentially a trademark issue with the Miss Fortune name? That's the only justifiable reason for switching the name that I can think of.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I was just thinking the same thing. The actual water portion of the ride doesn't seem very long so it's probably half lift/half ride. Kind of misleading.
I had that same though from the initial reports.

Sounds like it's just what this park needs.

Regarding length, did I read correctly on the blog that you will actually be in the raft on the way up as well ("Onboard treasure rafts, guests will ascend to the top of the attraction")? That'd be great (no stairs) but also would mean the time in ride is a little deceiving.

I'm also guessing that the show scenes, to the extent they exist will be on the way up and at the end. Crush n Gusher has show elements (arguably) in the queue. I doubt this'll be much more elaborate than that (hope I'm wrong, though).

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...miss-fortune-falls.914259/page-9#post-7338085

mwlillie

Cannot help but think that some idiot in the executive wing said: "Hey! Universial is opening up a brand new water park just a few miles away. Let's come up with a half-assed idea to keep people from going there". Don't think it is going to work.

Daveeeeed

Cannot help but think that some idiot in the executive wing said: "Hey! Universial is opening up a brand new water park just a few miles away. Let's come up with a half-assed idea to keep people from going there". Don't think it is going to work.
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are already some of the best-themed water parks on the planet. Competition will make them better, and I personally think Volcano Bay will be the best once it opens. They should have added more, but I don't don't think it's a "half-assed" idea. They simply are adding new things to compete with a new park, I don't see how that is a bad thing.

Universal did it to Disney by adding tons of high quality attractions to bring it to Disney level, and now Disney is doing the same. As a consumer, I'm loving it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom