Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

cheezbat

I agree about body slides. Typhoon Lagoon does have three but both parks could use more. The traditional body slide is a lot of fun in typically has a higher hourly capacity then slides that require a riding device of some kind.
Typhoon actually has six body slides. Three Storm slides and three Humunga Kowabunga slides. Personally I think they need more tube slides and family raft slides. Blizzard needs more traditional body slides.

Disone

Typhoon actually has six body slides. Three Storm slides and three Humunga Kowabunga slides. Personally I think they need more tube slides and family raft slides. Blizzard needs more traditional body slides.

True. And technically Blizzard Beach has two. I was not counting Humunga kowabunga. Just as you notice I did not count Summit plummet and slush gusher Blizzard Beach. I guess in my mind a drop slide is kind of its own category. But yes they are body slides too.

Gatorboy

How exactly did you come to this conclusion? I know Universal has a tendency to get things done much faster than Disney, but believe it or not, that pile of dirt with some steel, concrete and slide parts scattered about isn't a finished product. Weird, I know.
My mistake, saw a photo of a normal slide tower associated with an article on Volcano Bay. Didn't call for a smart answer. I forgot that once again, Universal Creative is taking an old Disney concept and running with it. The concept was Lava Lagoon by the way.

cheezbat

My mistake, saw a photo of a normal slide tower associated with an article on Volcano Bay. Didn't call for a smart *** answer. I forgot that once again, Universal Creative is taking an old Disney concept and running with it. The concept was Lava Lagoon by the way.
Which looked like an awesome concept. Wasn't it originally planned for Disneyland Paris or something? I've always wondered why a waterpark concept like this never made it to Disneyland Resort or to one of the other resorts around the world.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Because the volcano is being building with water slides coming into and out of its infrastructure BUT So far many of the rest of the water slides in the part look to have the typical water park infrastructure of steel beams, support poles, and colorful fiberglass slide pieces. Construction is also highly visible from the freeway. Which does begs the question, will the freeway be highly visible from the water park?

Yes it's a little early to tell, but the water park is well into its vertical phase of construction and things are beginning to look complete.

Looks like the slides will not be themed afterall...

clemmo

Any word on what kind of raft ride this will be? I'd love to see one of the high tech rides like the "saucer ride" by pro slide being added at Uni. Hopefully it's not just a copy of Teamboat...although that is a great ride

clemmo

No. Another poster on this thread got slammed for suggesting that some of the slides would be un-themed, and the concept art shows just that.
The concept art and announcements from yesterday seem very impressive to me however the concept art from that map doesn't look good

Disney Analyst

The concept art and announcements from yesterday seem very impressive to me however the concept art from that map doesn't look good

I definitely see theming around the slides in the video, but for the most part it is just tower structures and slides, with theming along the base and such. I'm sure it'll be gorgeous, but they really shouldn't be calling this their 3rd theme park... It's more a waterpark with a gorgeous volcano/mountain in the middle. Like that hasn't been done before...

clemmo

I definitely see theming around the slides in the video, but for the most part it is just tower structures and slides, with theming along the base and such. I'm sure it'll be gorgeous, but they really shouldn't be calling this their 3rd theme park... It's more a waterpark with a gorgeous volcano/mountain in the middle. Like that hasn't been done before...
I agree if it is just exposed slide tower structures then yes it wont be as impressive. A water park is in no way a theme park imo but I guess it makes the resort sound bigger so I can see why they did it. Some of the slides look very impressive though and i'd love to see some of these concepts brought to the Typhoon Lagoon project

Disone

Looks like the slides will not be themed afterall...

Hummmmm...... There was some debate for sure, very heated:(. But yeah this looks pretty naked and bare. Volcano looks great. I guess the lesson here is not to judge a project while it's under construction. That said it is clear based on the map and previous water parks like Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, that themeing elements get built at the same time as a structural elements. Like even the volcano illustrates that you don't build the water slides first and the theming elements later, they get built at the same time.

I still don't take back but I misjudged how far along the construction was. Clearly I did. However I do wish I'd been able to convey my point a little more clearer. Thanks for the Post.

Disone

You know, unthemed except for the huge volcano most of the slides wrap around and go in.
Eh. The artwork does not show that most of the slides go through the volcano. Some clearly do but there are at least three water slide structures that do not.

Last edited:

JohnD

So Uni is calling their Volcano Bay water park their 3rd theme park. By that reasoning, WDW has not 4 but 6 theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom