Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So, I wonder what the impact would be for Gang Plank Falls, which is much weaker than BB's Teamboat Springs. Can anyone do the measurements and see roughly how long this would be compared to other family raft rides?

Also, when in the permit end date? Would that indicate a timeframe for completion?

SFWMD permits do not have an end date.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I been told that Disney is going to do this on the cheap and replace the water with H20 the color of water. Just getting ahead of the complainers. Have not been to the water parks in the last few trips, might have to return when this opens.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
It's nice to see something new coming to Typhoon Lagoon.

Is it me or it looks like there's not a lot of change of elevation? From looking at the permit, everything seems at the same level.

You can't really tell from the plans. They show the locations of the foundations but not their heights.

Do we know if this is going to use "real" rafts, a la Kali River Rapids, or will it be more of an inner tube type of ride vehicle?

The plans do not provide enough information to answer this.

lobelia

You can't really tell from the plans. They show the locations of the foundations but not their heights.

The plans do not provide enough information to answer this.
Wow a nice suprise (and just a day after moaning Disney only announce things at d23 these days)

This makes me happy.
Well, they haven't really announced it officially yet. We just have a fantastic resident sleuth.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I been told that Disney is going to do this on the cheap and replace the water with H20 the color of water. Just getting ahead of the complainers. Have not been to the water parks in the last few trips, might have to return when this opens.

Good one!

ToTBellHop

I think I already know the answer, especially if we are thinking Spring 2017, but one thing that aggravates me about Crush n Gusher is that they built it quickly and didn't have rockwork to disguise it like all of the other slides at TL and BB. I know it has a "theme," but it's still clearly a waterslide. I hope that isn't the case here.

Then again, Teamboat Springs looks like a waterslide, too. I hope they can at least avoid the stairs to a tower where the slide starts.

Katie G

Yeah I 100% agree. Something about Blizzard Beaches snow resort theme has always made me like it a lot, but now that Typhoon Lagoon will have way more great attractions over Blizzard Beach there's not really a reason to go if you can only go to a water park 1 day.

Actually, a 1-day ticket to the Water Parks gets you access to both water parks on the same day. So if you wanted to do that 1 ride at the other park, you can just hop over, no extra charge.

Uncle Lupe

I would think you'll see a sister attraction added BB. I've never been to either but aren't the attraction lineup very similar?

cheezbat

About time. Twelve years since the last addition. If any other waterpark tried that, they'd probably already be out of business.

Still stoked things are planned for Blizzard Beach after this too. Here's hoping Volcano Bay DOES steal some of Disney's waterpark's thunder...then maybe we'll even get a few more rides!

I'm curious who will be building this attraction...Proslide or Whitewater West...and I wonder what kind of ride it'll be.

chiefs11

I think I already know the answer, especially if we are thinking Spring 2017, but one thing that aggravates me about Crush n Gusher is that they built it quickly and didn't have rockwork to disguise it like all of the other slides at TL and BB. I know it has a "theme," but it's still clearly a waterslide. I hope that isn't the case here.

Then again, Teamboat Springs looks like a waterslide, too. I hope they can at least avoid the stairs to a tower where the slide starts.
Looks to me like you will board the raft in the pool at ground level, then go up the long straight part which is is a lift hill... then down and around the flume back to the pool where you get out. Since the only guest accessible area might be the entry/exit pool, they could possibly hide the structure and supports of the ride itself behind some themed rock work and/or foliage. Also, no stairs to climb. Just my interpretation of what we've seen so far, anyway. ;)

Daveeeeed

Actually, a 1-day ticket to the Water Parks gets you access to both water parks on the same day. So if you wanted to do that 1 ride at the other park, you can just hop over, no extra charge.
True, but because the water parks aren't open all day yu wouldn't have enough time to do everything you wanted to while being relaxed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
To split hairs, if I remember correctly, Melt Away Bay and the Downhill Double Dipper weren't open on our first trip in Sept 1995 and were still under construction. Sort of a phase 2.
You are right, Downhill Double Dipper wasn't ready for opening, and debuted June 96. I still really consider it part of the opening line-up though.

Marlins1

This looks similar to Teamboat Springs which would be a very good addition IMO. I have always thought that TS was one of the most enjoyable water rides that I have been on - very fun and long family ride with mild thrill factor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom