Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

yellowrocket

If the waterparks followed the theme park model, they'd be shutting down a slide or pool in order to build a new one.

I'm guessing this has more to do with adding capacity to Typhoon Lagoon instead of pressure from the waterpark wars that are heating up. I'm sure both waterparks still reach capacity in the summer (right?). Does anyone know what the capacity is for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (Wet 'n Wild? Volcano Bay?)?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If the waterparks followed the theme park model, they'd be shutting down a slide or pool in order to build a new one.

I'm guessing this has more to do with adding capacity to Typhoon Lagoon instead of pressure from the waterpark wars that are heating up. I'm sure both waterparks still reach capacity in the summer (right?). Does anyone know what the capacity is for Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach (Wet 'n Wild? Volcano Bay?)?
I would tend to agree. Both water parks seem to close due to attendance almost daily during the summer.

Not sure about the others, but the Disney parks do not release capacity numbers. Any number you get is at best an educated guess. More often than not it is pulled out of thin air.

Stitch1804

So, I wonder what the impact would be for Gang Plank Falls, which is much weaker than BB's Teamboat Springs. Can anyone do the measurements and see roughly how long this would be compared to other family raft rides?

Also, when in the permit end date? Would that indicate a timeframe for completion?

I can't answer for the permit, but from what I checked, the new raft ride will be longer than Gang Plank Falls, but shorter than Teamboat Springs.

Stitch1804

It's nice to see something new coming to Typhoon Lagoon.

Is it me or it looks like there's not a lot of change of elevation? From looking at the permit, everything seems at the same level.

CJR

I'm curious if they'll expand the beach area someplace else to make up for the lost space, or if Shark Reef will finally meet its end for more beach space.

Jon81uk

Also due to the way the Disney water parks have most slides built into the side of the "mountain" it would be more effort to remove an old one and replace, so adding new capacity makes sense.

trr1

Wet 'n Wild will be closing at the end of December 2016

WDF

I'm sure people will find a reason to hate it. ;)

I'll start! Only half joking...haha.

It is a bummer that this appears to be something that will remove the few covered spaces in the park that are available at no extra cost to guests. And I mean covered with an actual cabana and not just an umbrella or trees, which comes in handy in the summer for periodic rain showers. This was a quiet area of the park that was quite enjoyable.

I wonder if they will put some cabanas in another area to compensate for the loss of this area. I would get there at rope drop just to get a chair there. Sigh.

Jon81uk

I'm curious if they'll expand the beach area someplace else to make up for the lost space, or if Shark Reef will finally meet its end for more beach space.

Did anyone actually use that odd bit of beach bettween Crush'n'Gusher and Typhoon Tilly's? I don't think it is as well used as the beach by the wave pool.

WDF

Did anyone actually use that odd bit of beach bettween Crush'n'Gusher and Typhoon Tilly's? I don't think it is as well used as the beach by the wave pool.

I use it every time I go...and it is always full, but I am usually there on weekend days that are HOT. haha

It was nice because it was off the beaten path and more peaceful/relaxing.

truecoat

Not exact, but close enough.
ARofEEr.jpg

Beat me to it...

typhoon.jpg

Jones14

Do we know if this is going to use "real" rafts, a la Kali River Rapids, or will it be more of an inner tube type of ride vehicle?

CJR

I use it every time I go...and it is always full, but I am usually there on weekend days that are HOT. haha

It was nice because it was off the beaten path and more peaceful/relaxing.

Summarized it perfectly! Every time I've been there, outside of the slow cooler days, it was pretty busy.

Nothing will ever be as busy as the area by the wave pool, because it's the wave pool. However, beach space is always in demand on a busy day, regardless of the location. Slow days won't be as impacted, but it's those very busy days that'll make the absence of space noticed, especially when a new attraction will likely increase visitors.

Daveeeeed

I feel like we are are so focused on Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, and even hopes to fix up Epcot and MK, that we forgot about the waterparks, and now that Disney is doing this it literally will open up that wonderful excitement we all have for the parks, and maybe we'll want to do stuff to the waterparks too, like come up with ideas do fix it up like many of us do to MK etc.

Mike730

Well now I'll really have no reason to go to Blizzard Beach. The raft ride at BB was pretty much it's only upside for my family.

Daveeeeed

Well now I'll really have no reason to go to Blizzard Beach. The raft ride at BB was pretty much it's only upside for my family.
Yeah I 100% agree. Something about Blizzard Beaches snow resort theme has always made me like it a lot, but now that Typhoon Lagoon will have way more great attractions over Blizzard Beach there's not really a reason to go if you can only go to a water park 1 day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom