Typhoon Lagoon is closed today

AstareGod

The latest advisory on WDWMagic's home page is accurate - it's due to technical difficulties - and that's all I'm really allowed to say. Expected reopening is Sunday, January 10, 2010. I got pulled to Blizzard an hour into my shift and heard that yesterday's closing was for the same reason. TL is just beginning its refurb two or three days early.

elisatonks

My husband knows a CM who works at TL, who has told him the technical difficulty has something to do with a major pipe problem, must be pretty bad to send the park into rehab three days early.

Atomicmickey

Well, if you're goint to have a major pipe problem, what better time to have it happen than just two days before a scheduled refurb? Sounds like fortuitous timing to me!

PalisadesPkteer

Hope to get back to Typhoon Lagoon again someday.

Last time I was there was Dec 9 - 16 2006 the Crush n Gusher was Awesome!

Would be nice if they did an expansion again like what was rumored a few times.
But the $ will be going into the MK Fantasyland expansion and I fear very little else at WDW will get much of anything till that is near completion.

Kobe!!

My husband knows a CM who works at TL, who has told him the technical difficulty has something to do with a major pipe problem, must be pretty bad to send the park into rehab three days early.

Correct

I guess one of the major pipes broke or something and mud and a ton of gunk has been floating around in the lazy river as well as several other slides.

marr5

Correct

I guess one of the major pipes broke or something and mud and a ton of gunk has been floating around in the lazy river as well as several other slides.

makes me wonder if it was a sewer pipe. that would be a good reason to close it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom