Two-way radios

David

We were at WDW in May 2000 and are going back in October. I noticed a lot of people using the two-way radios, but on another thread I read where some people have not had good luck with them. Anybody been able to get them to work properly? If so, what is the range and what type radio did you use. Are these charged up or battery operated? Thanks

David

Original Poster
DigDis, I promise that if we get a set, we will turn them off during a show and just use them outside. I would assume that you would just get interference inside a building anyway, not to mention being annoying to other folks around you.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

I agree DD.......that is irritating. We have the radios, but always turn them off when we go into shows or on rides. I always radio the other person and let them know and when we get off the ride or out of the show I radio the other person. If they don't answer, I know what they are doing and just wait for them to give me a call. It always works out..........

Upvote 0

dalton30720

I agree. Cell phones and radios need to be turned off during performances and attractions. Last year, we had to ask a guy on the row in front of us at Fantasmic to stop talking on his phone during the show.

Upvote 0

Tramp

Originally posted by mickeyfan
We have the more expensive Motorola Talkabouts and we love them. We have never had any problems with them. On two occasions we had some interference at the Magic Kingdom only, so we just changed channels and had no problems. We wouldn't go without them now!!

....part of the vacation experience is listening to the Japanese talk on the radios...what a riot...I swear i can hear them saying Tora, Tora, Tora.

...I love embarrassing people in shows when their phones ring...

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DMC-12
The Motorola Talkabout® is pretty good....
The Family model has a 2 mile range...

that sounds like the kind i have! they're nice and work great! just make sure you're on the same channel, and have some creative code names (if you say 'hey mom' for example, like 50 people answer back! lol! same thing with common names like Amanda or Terry) my family has several code names. but yeah, Motorola are good ones! they're really useful if your family is like mine, and the parents want to go do one thing, while me and my sister want to go do another thing. easier than setting a meeting place and time....and they're also useful when the family is split up, and there's a medical emergency...my sis is a diabetic, so if she passes out on me, i can call my parents pronto instead of having to search the whole park for them all day! so they have tons of uses! just depends on the situation, i guess!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom