Two New VIP Tours Debuting at Walt Disney World

mitchk

I would say the transportation has a lot to do with people staying on property. As far as food, and such, the dinning plan makes that work in Disneys favor. Besides that, I say, let people do what they want.... In other words, if you wanna do the tour, have a great time. Also, please let us know how it was. Thanks :)

Mawg

Is there a Mom or Dad out there that thinks the young families tour is something they would even consider? With the attractions this includes I can't believe anyone would even look at this tour unless their kids were between the ages of 3 and 6. Even if I had the money to spoil my kids on something like this would they enjoy it? No, you can't ride that now, we are on a tour. No, you can't ride that a second time we are on a tour. No, you can't have a snack right now we are on a tour. No, you can't go to the bathroom right now we are on a tour. Yes, you have to ride the goofy roller-coaster, I don't care if you are scared, we are on a tour. This type of structured tour makes no sense for a family with kids this age. I predict cancelled in a month.

crispy

How is it the truth? Because you say it is? Because others in this thread say it is? Based on that theory, 75% of what Disney offers are pure money grabs. People complain about the resorts being over priced, why stay on property when theirs 100 hotels within minutes. People say the food is bland and over priced at most places so why eat on property when theirs 100 restaurants within minutes?

It's all personal perspective. You may see it as not worth but that doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.

Actually 100% of what Disney does is a money grab. They are a for-profit entity, and they do everything to maximize those profits. I don't have an issue with that most of the time especially when it's mutually beneficial - I get what I want, and they get my cash. Since, however, Disney wants to monetize everything, I can have no qualms about saying it's a ridiculous money grab. I can think of very few situations where anyone wouldn't be better off buying a hopper pass for $120 and doing those 10 attractions on their own (although I'm sure some paid off blogger will tell me why I'm wrong).

I once read a book where a character was described as knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing. Disney has chosen to place a price on everything, but they company has lost what made it valuable to us in the first place. But that's another post for another day.

HolleBolleGijs

They could have at least offered to end it with special viewing for the fireworks/parade of your choice or something..

I wonder if they might throw this on at the end. I did the Undiscovered Future World Tour last summer, and they offered us a special spot for Illuminations (unfortunately, my mother wanted to see the MK Independence Day fireworks, so we couldn't take advantage of it). But my point is, it was a perk that, to my knowledge, was not advertised.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I wouldn't do the family tour. I would consider the Thrills tour if we made a little more money and were only going to have limited time at Disney. Maybe a cruise add on? I have a couple of a lot richer then me friends who would be into the thrills one.

GrumpyFan

Talk about a novel, but expensive idea! I like the concept, but the price is WAAAY out of range for my wallet!

I'll be curious to see reports of anyone who chooses to do this. I have to wonder if they're using some new/exclusive feature built in to MyMagic+ that allows them to schedule these tours thru that system like an advanced FastPass+.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This doesn't surprise me. Disney is adding a lot of "premium" events and tours in order to claw back some money for MM+. In that, I don't blame them, if they can offer QUALITY tours and events to make that money back and move forward with new things, that's good.

I wonder how many tours of these will be done per day? Meaning, will there be the stand-by line, FP+ line and the VIP line?

cw1982

This doesn't surprise me. Disney is adding a lot of "premium" events and tours in order to claw back some money for MM+. In that, I don't blame them, if they can offer QUALITY tours and events to make that money back and move forward with new things, that's good.

I wonder how many tours of these will be done per day? Meaning, will there be the stand-by line, FP+ line and the VIP line?

Interesting question. I was thinking maybe the FP availability for each of those would simply be lessened for the time the group would be expected to reach each one.

Nubs70

Park admission is not included with the tour, you must have a park hopper - I was just on the phone with WDW Tours.

I will say that I eventually gave up. The CM was really trying to get answers for me, but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to spend $540 (after the passholder discount), lol. So the computer glitch saved me $500 on my honeymoon :)
Save the money and do something else...... it is your honeymoon.

disney4life2008

LOL I am str8 on this - not interested. I do not mind the behind the scenes tours but I have not yet to do those. I have no interest in being in a group of people that I do not know getting on attractions I can do myself. Structure gives me a severe headache as does following a strict schedule. Plus, lunch followed by RnRC - absolutely not. I can do the exact same tour (actually I have this planned for my August trip with the addition of Epcot) for the cost of FREE with my AP and dinner at Ohana that evening. Lets see $50 vs. $300 - I am good. LOL

omurice

Anyone with 299 per head for 7 hours, can almost certainly afford 5-day park hoppers. So I'm not sure on the audience for this. You could certainly accomplish everything in these tours, and a good deal more in 5 days, in all 4 parks. Perhaps it is for people with more cash than free time?

Hate to say this, but I think some just like to feel they're getting the VIP, 'front of the line' access treatment. Some will love that feeling over value for money, no matter what the cost. It's a bit odd, but there is something hard-wired in the human brain where we can feel great happiness if we perceive we are getting something others are not getting, or cannot ever get.

What people value is sometimes a mystery to me, but it does not make the thing less valuable to them.

rob0519

If I had one day to spend in the parks I would pay it.....and it has nothing to do with wealth.
Actually, it has everything to do wealth. You want to do it and you have the money to do it, it's about about having the wealth to do it. If you want to do it and don't have the money to do it, it's about not having the wealth. Wealth is a relative concept

disney4life2008

So what dollar amount constitutes wealthy?

I do not think there is a set dollar amount that represents wealthy. However, if we look specifically at WDW - I consider anyone who can afford to stay on property (any category) no less than twice a year for minimum 5 nights "well off". If you can afford to do that plus dine in signature and TS the entire time - then then that puts you in another income category.

In the case of this tour (or any) I would not consider that wealth.

alissafalco

Is there a Mom or Dad out there that thinks the young families tour is something they would even consider? With the attractions this includes I can't believe anyone would even look at this tour unless their kids were between the ages of 3 and 6. Even if I had the money to spoil my kids on something like this would they enjoy it? No, you can't ride that now, we are on a tour. No, you can't ride that a second time we are on a tour. No, you can't have a snack right now we are on a tour. No, you can't go to the bathroom right now we are on a tour. Yes, you have to ride the goofy roller-coaster, I don't care if you are scared, we are on a tour. This type of structured tour makes no sense for a family with kids this age. I predict cancelled in a month.
I agree, I really dont see this tour enticing families or the regular seasoned WDW visitor like most of us on these boards. I do see this tour being attractive to certain companies who are there for conferences and they want to take their client out for the day. Or the very wealthy visitor who knows nothing about WDW and just wants to do it in a day. I really dont see this being an appealing option for anyone else.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom