Two NEW Disney books come out on amazon today!

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
Walt Disney's Legends of Imagineering and Kingdom Keepers II both come out today on amazon!

Just a reminder to anyone that loves Disney park books as much as I do!
I'll be getting both!:D

EPCOT.nut

Walt Disney's Legends of Imagineering and Kingdom Keepers II both come out today on amazon!

Just a reminder to anyone that loves Disney park books as much as I do!
I'll be getting both!:D

Thanks for posting this information! I'll have to hit the stores and get myself some early Christmas gifts! :D

brkgnews

Yeah, I about choked on my Skype microphone last night during a conference call when I opened my email and saw that my pre-order (from 2006!) had shipped. :lol:

fauna

So Excited!!!!

My son has been chomping at the bit to get Kingdom Keepers II. And I'll be sneaking into his room after he falls asleep to grab it and read it myself!

Horizons1

Ok so I just looked up the new Kingdom Keeper's book on Amazon and I am shocked and outraged at the cover. Im sure im over recting but I can't believe that this is the cover for a young adult's novel that in theory will be displayed all over Disney property.

Here is a link to the cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1423103653/sr=8-1/qid=1219775416/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books&qid=1219775416&sr=8-1

What's so bad about it? If anything, it'll garner more attention. I do prefer the cover of the first one over its sequel, however.

MousDad

Ok so I just looked up the new Kingdom Keeper's book on Amazon and I am shocked and outraged at the cover. Im sure im over recting but I can't believe that this is the cover for a young adult's novel that in theory will be displayed all over Disney property.

Why exactly do you find it so offesive? I'm not slamming, just curious.

I have to say, I think the cover is hilarious.

I agree, I think this cover is kind of over the top, but I don't get why its offensive.:shrug:

I think it's because it shows the kid sliding down the zip line from the Castle. Of course, everyone knows that Tink really does fly from the Castle and certainly doesn't need that zip line which is so obviously in place. (wink, wink)

Boray

^ I will anxiously await your review. Hopefully, after the long delay in getting this book out, it will be well worth it!

As far as Kingdom Keepers, this second book looks like something my son would love. What is the story line for the first book? Is it good? My 9 year-old son reads just about everything he can get his hands on and has just finished the Harry Potter series. He's also read the Gregor the Overlander series as well as many others (Star Wars, Dragon Slayer's Academy, etc.) . Are the Kingdom Keepers books appropriate for a kid who has read these kind of books? He loves Disney and I might consider buying the first book for him to read on our trip to the World in October.

What do you all think? :confused:

rbrower

^ I will anxiously await your review. Hopefully, after the long delay in getting this book out, it will be well worth it!

As far as Kingdom Keepers, this second book looks like something my son would love. What is the story line for the first book? Is it good? My 9 year-old son reads just about everything he can get his hands on and has just finished the Harry Potter series. He's also read the Gregor the Overlander series as well as many others (Star Wars, Dragon Slayer's Academy, etc.) . Are the Kingdom Keepers books appropriate for a kid who has read these kind of books? He loves Disney and I might consider buying the first book for him to read on our trip to the World in October.

What do you all think? :confused:
It features some behind the scenes stuff in the story, including part of the story when the characters are walking through the utilidoor system and they see one of Cinderella's friends with her make up, but with normal clothes on.
I highly recommend the book, as I thoroughly enjoyed it and I can't wait to read the second one! :) :)

mousespouse

I bought my son (when he was nine) Kingdom Keeper I. He just read the book a second time (now age 11). It was actually on the Sunshine State middle school reading list this summer. He loved the book. He should be receiving Kingdom Keeper II any day now.

I read the book this summer. It should be fine for your nine year old to read (because he has read similar genre). I didn't think it was the best writing (I did find a huge error in the book that should have been caught by the editor. Anyone else catch it?). It was fun to read because we have been to Magic Kingdom so often. [Kingdom Keeper II will mostly take place in Animal Kingdom.] Parts of the book moved quickly - sometimes confusing. The end did get a bit violent for a twelve year old main character. But much of that is left to the imagination.

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
(I did find a huge error in the book that should have been caught by the editor. Anyone else catch it?).

I'm just about done re-reading it so it's fresh in my mind for when I get the second one, and don't think I caught anything. All I see are some mix ups between Disneyland and Walt Disney World (the main one being Walt's apartment above the fire station.)

Still a great read... and you can't beat an adventure in Walt Disney World!
I would love for them to make a movie on this, mostly so we could see some footage in the parks.:)

And I think it's a trilogy, so hopefully the final installment will take place in Epcot!
Oh, and for those of you that read the first one... I wonder if it mentions that VMK is closed now, or that MGM is now DHS.

disnyfan89

I'm a big stickler on character integrity. Tinker Bell's flight to me is one of the most magical things about the Magic Kingdom. Yes we all know how its done but to show a book that is written for a younger audience and to be sold in the Magic Kingdom itself is very unnerving to me. To me, this is like Mickey popping off his head in the middle of his set with guest in the room. Yes we know how it's done but do we need to see how it's done? Also one could guess from the cover that this is an event that happens in the book so how far will this author go in telling the truth behind Disney?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom