Trip Report Two goofs and an orange bird conquer the world.

Hello all!

I’ve finally found a little time to patch together a trip report from our trip in mid June. It was just the wife(A), and I(Dave)on this trip. We started out at Yacht Club, then went down the road to that other place in Orlando for a few days, before finishing up with a stay at the poly. Along the way we laughed, we cried, we survived many storms, and endured some brutal heat! Let the shenanigans begin!

Sunday June 16

We took two days to drive down from Texas, arriving on the 16th. I won’t bore you with the details of our long, mostly boring trip.

81BD0B76-F32E-4F78-A332-CCAE0FDBFBD9.jpeg

We made it on property by mid morning. Our room wasn’t ready, so we headed into Epcot in search of something to eat. We had an early lunch at Les Halles. I had the jambon beurre, and A had a B.L.T. We were super hungry from our morning drive, and didn’t take any pictures. My sandwich was fine, A really liked hers.
9447BAAA-4F55-45DB-898B-325EA9D82E5D.jpeg

We split this thing for dessert. It was delicious!

After lunch we strolled around a very empty world showcase just taking in the sights and sounds of each pavilion. We also came across a few PP photographers along the way

E1274C7C-268F-487B-9162-5957D358B46F.jpeg

2EC3CB32-2CC8-4F44-A996-B898FE3F439F.jpeg

49ACC055-F03A-4E90-9CF0-53FF07EDA8EC.jpeg

41C0D993-2B00-4DFD-A9F7-6FFCB7F82101.jpeg

4E5475AD-AA0B-40FE-8488-0A3522C716F1.jpeg

Notice the increasing amount of sweat on my shirt as we progressed. It was only around 11:45 and it was already sweltering! Also you may notice A is wearing an orange bird backpack in a few photos. The orange bird will be making several appearances later in the report. Some friends of ours bought it for her as a thank you for coming down to photograph their engagement in March, because it was so inconvenient for us to come to Disney! 🤣. Anyways we sent our friends pictures of orange bird doing various activities with us throughout the trip, which will be appearing here later

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So you made up for your lack of Poly pics (😉) with the unexpected photos of Winter Summerland! ❤️

It has been years since my family played there. We would go annually (sometimes more) and have the BEST time.

Thanks for the memories!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I am so enjoying the appearance of the orange bird in your pictures - something about the colors just keeps saying « happy » to me 😉
Thanks for reading. Hard not to love the orange bird!

Following along. Great TR so far!!
Thanks for following along!

So you made up for your lack of Poly pics (😉) with the unexpected photos of Winter Summerland! ❤

It has been years since my family played there. We would go annually (sometimes more) and have the BEST time.

Thanks for the memories!
We had an absolute blast at winter summerland. We may have even returned later in the trip! Also glad to be back on your good side! :D

I'm definitely in.. I'm a huge orange bird fan... so, so far this is a great TR! ;)
Thanks for following along! Still plenty of appearances left for the little orange bird!

Following along! Loving the orange bird bag.
Thanks for following! My wife is obsessed with that bag. She had been trying to find it everywhere, but had no luck. Our friend says she bought it online. We just hope she didn’t pay too much(the sticker price is already pretty outrageous!)

Loco_driver

Original Poster
June 17 Continued.

We took the CM up on his offer to play the summer side.
D49813A9-7E4A-4CBB-96C5-CAA7C96D4F1B.jpeg

Once again I was not off to a great start! :banghead:

56FBE033-20ED-4EE9-B6C1-E80F74F39BEA.jpeg

A was feeling pretty confident this round!

85D9E517-620A-45A8-A47F-0EF5E3271ABC.jpeg

Way too many putts for me!

We didn’t get a picture in time but right after this hole we saw yet ANOTHER snake! Luckily this one was not in a spot near where we were headed! Right before we got to the last few holes a CM got on the speaker to let us know we would have to leave the course due to lightning in the area. Since our game was free it was no big deal to us.

We returned to the stand to return our putters and the same friendly CM gave us TWO rain checks. We told him that was absolutely not necessary, but he insisted we take them. They would be good for a round for two people at either of the mini golf courses!

We had a bus waiting to pick us up at BB and take us back to YC.

FB213C28-E3DD-4743-BE23-419CDA5DA608.jpeg

We stopped by hurricane Hanna’s for a bite. Neither of us was super hungry so we split this sandwich. We were hoping it would be similar to the seafood sandwich they used to serve at beaches & cream. It wasn’t! Not that it was inedible, just not great.

We headed up to the room to freshen up a bit. The rain that was threatening never appeared, and there was a nice breeze blowing.

4BCAF087-0845-4DFE-8605-FD750FCC3C29.jpeg

We headed down to the boat dock. We were headed to DHS.

The weather was cool and breezy, but the rain continued to threaten. We were planning on seeing fantasmic for the first time in years. We were really hoping the weather would hold for us!

We grabbed a FP for TSM and headed that way. I don’t have any photos of our scores, but I have never lost to A at that game. I’m sure my score was around 190,000. It usually is. I have no tactic for the game other than just shoot as many times as possible!

1DB5CFF7-B9D5-4662-8CEE-087830084BB8.jpeg

New Bo Peep is almost as creepy as the old one. Just look at those eyes! Also notice the wet walkway. It had rained while we we’re in TSM.

We headed over to launch bay to kill some time before fantasmic. I had to go have a visit with my spirit animal!

6A809DD5-FA47-4C19-AAD2-C1C7BA30501D.jpeg

Chewbacca is my absolute favorite character greet. I think he’s always happy to have some almost as tall as he is come for a visit!

414B3A73-7645-4A2F-8C73-75A68F6B55B8.jpeg

Can’t you see the resemblance?! I’m pretty sure I’m half Wookie!

590B30A9-DBE4-44FF-8CCB-4C4F6F568AF0.jpeg

Chewy spent a lot of time visiting us, and we had a great time!

E02E76CD-76B8-477E-AE98-32D8B1C1EEFA.jpeg

It was lightly raining outside, so we stuck around launch bay. We watched the storm trooper harass people for a while before heading out to the fantasmic theater.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Totally creepy!!
So creepy! Creepy Bo Peep will be making another appearance in the TR!

She's burger king man costume creepy!
Thanks for reminding me of that creep!

Following and enjoying the report. I would have flat had a heart attack over the snake though! I almost did when I scrolled down and saw the pic! 😵
Thanks for following along! I’m glad nobody was filming at the time. I had just gotten a hole in one, and was doing a celebratory dance, only to turn around and see that! I probably jumped 3 feet off the ground!We have a lot of snakes where we live, so I’m used to seeing them, but they still creep me out!

DisneyGigi

So creepy! Creepy Bo Peep will be making another appearance in the TR!

Thanks for reminding me of that creep!

Thanks for following along! I’m glad nobody was filming at the time. I had just gotten a hole in one, and was doing a celebratory dance, only to turn around and see that! I probably jumped 3 feet off the ground!We have a lot of snakes where we live, so I’m used to seeing them, but they still creep me out!
Totally agree with you. A lot of snakes where we live too and I can walk on air running if I walk in the yard and there is one out there! You could have went viral though if it had been filmed lol. I know I would. 🤣

Loco_driver

Original Poster
June 17

We headed over to the fantasmic theater. The rain was still lightly falling, but the radar indicated that it was on its way out.

0AD17246-5464-4BD9-974D-287F7F77C777.jpeg

Some of you are probably worried. But fear not, orange bird was there with us!

F9D86558-67B3-4496-A869-7A281F26BCA3.jpeg

We purchased the fantasmic dessert package. This would serve as dinner/dessert. Mostly we hate standing in the line outside the theater, and the stampede to get in and get a good spot. At $39you get this box, an alcoholic drink with a light up mug, and a light up lanyard plus reserved seating in the center of the amphitheater. I won’t comment on if it’s “good value” or not. That’s up to the purchaser. The seats were good, and the treats were all good.

CCF0D99C-10C9-4D18-AC9C-E59EF547C04C.jpeg

We both went with the blue margarita. The lady sitting to my left was visiting from the UK. She and her husband were super excited that we were from Texas, and asked us lots of questions. They of course also answered questions about their home. We always love visiting with people from other countries and getting to hear about their customs and cultures. We loved their accents, and they loved our Texas accents!😆

6541FB42-47E8-43F9-AF6A-834DB59B48AC.jpeg

The rain moved out just in time, and they were able to put on the full show, at least for the most part!
2BDE20A3-9EEE-4307-A981-17A4824C5C86.jpeg

I believe Snow White was missing from this scene. Other than that I didn’t notice any obvious problems.

F5E46D18-D2DD-44DC-BA4C-5D3B4D8EB503.jpeg

I always love seeing all the characters in the steamboat. Especially Mickey!

When the show was over we said our goodbyes to our new friends, and waited for the crowd to thin out a bit. We took the walkway back to yacht club, and crashed for the night.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Loving your TR so far.

I’m very impressed that you kept playing mini golf even after the 2nd snake. I would have been back on the bus right after the 1st one.

View attachment 395467

Thanks for following along! I spent a lot of time camping as a kid, and my dad taught me how to differentiate the good snakes from the bad. Both snakes we saw were southern black racers. They are not aggressive or venomous, although they will bite you if you try to grab them! They’re good to have around because they eat mostly rodents. I’m sure the snakes were there to feast on the hundreds of lizards that we also saw! Had it been a cottonmouth, I would’ve notified a cast member, as those can be quite territorial!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Tuesday June 18

We woke up around 8 feeling refreshed. We weren’t in a hurry to really do anything, but didn’t want to just sit in the room while it wasn’t raining either. We ate some muffins for breakfast and headed out the back door.

705FE84B-6D1C-4DC1-B298-5A60B8FD6B2B.jpeg

We made it back into DHS before rope drop. We had to get a ride of ToT, it was painful being there the night before and not getting a ride! We headed straight to tower as soon as the ropes dropped, and waited, and waited, and waited. Turns out they were only running one shaft at the time. We ended up waiting close to an hour!

8000C8AB-97E6-4CF2-BB0D-157554F0E2F2.jpeg

Mr. hands in the air blocked everyone’s face except the orange bird! Despite the extended wait, we had a great ride!

BC251313-CCCB-4536-BF5C-98B77066FB79.jpeg

We had a FP for RnR next. We scanned our bands and proceeded through the line, past the merge point. Then we waited, and waited, and waited some more. The ride was having some troubles. We ended up waiting about 45 minutes before we were finally on.

2080E4EB-F059-432D-909D-5970BBA69C0C.jpeg

The orange bird sat this one out! A is making that joyous face because she was glad to be away from the batch of poorly behaved children/parents we had been stuck near!

We had another FP for TSM up next. Where they were also having some sort of technical problems! :banghead: We were three for three! Another 40 minutes wait! We had a lunch reservation for Sci Fi that we were cutting close.

We made it to Sci Fi right on time, and were seated quickly. We didn’t take any pictures because it was so dark. We both had burgers, and we both enjoyed them. They weren’t anything special, but with an AP discount the bill was only about $34. The hour spent in the A/C was well worth it!

After lunch the dark clouds started rolling in. Not wanting to get soaked, and feeling a bit frustrated by crowds and broken attractions, we headed to the exit. A boat had just pulled up, so we hopped on and headed back to the yacht club.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Tuesday June 18 continued.

We napped for a few hours while the rain came down. Eventually we heard the lifeguards give the all clear down at the pool, so we headed down. We didn’t bring our phones with us, so you’re spared once again from having to claw your eyes out from seeing me in a swimsuit!

After our swim we had some business to attend to back at DHS. We boarded a boat and headed back in.

2C7125F0-7D66-4B59-9C55-57866C5EA065.jpeg

We had a FP for tower! Luckily they were now running two towers, so we only waited about 15 minutes! We were surprised to see a pretty powerful thunderstorm while we were riding! Fortunately we only had to kill about 10 minutes in the gift shop before the rain quit. We headed back over to launch bay for the evenings main activities.

62B338F1-E4D0-401E-B3E3-53D5A334E5DB.jpeg

This is hands down the best dessert party that we’ve ever attended. They had a huge selection of both savory and sweet options, and a pretty robust drink menu!

78915080-F094-47D3-B98A-0F8FC91F25F7.jpeg

Good thing I was starving at this point! This is just a few of the meats and cheese they had available.

955F7460-E136-491E-A1CB-A68883D53A17.jpeg

Some sweets. I would not recommend attending this party if you aren’t prepared to eat!

B7B7500E-E257-496D-ACCC-E0A841ACD8BA.jpeg

They also had warm bread pudding with ice cream. The red drink I believe was called Galactic Punch. It was a rum based drink. I may have had about 12 of these.🤪
30F0EF1C-225E-418A-946D-F05DB02F1A93.jpeg

3EEB4D5C-6810-4195-8267-E9EDECAE4B1A.jpeg

The storm troopers also wandered around the party, occasionally coming by our table to harass us!

CE5CF46E-8DB6-49F7-995D-FD378751B7C4.jpeg

You also get front of the line access to all the meet and greets at launch bay with the dessert party. We paid BB-8 a visit first. He was quite happy to see A!

E9A39AD0-6352-4F05-B8E1-C953E6F52134.jpeg

There was a reason we were tossing back the galactic punches!

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Thanks for following along! I spent a lot of time camping as a kid, and my dad taught me how to differentiate the good snakes from the bad. Both snakes we saw were southern black racers. They are not aggressive or venomous, although they will bite you if you try to grab them! They’re good to have around because they eat mostly rodents. I’m sure the snakes were there to feast on the hundreds of lizards that we also saw! Had it been a cottonmouth, I would’ve notified a cast member, as those can be quite territorial!

When I am able to logical about it I am pro snake but I don’t tend to handle surprise snakes well. My gut reaction is that every snake must be the most dangerous in the world and I need to flee.

I’m lucky enough to only have one venomous species where I live (but have never encountered in the wild) but nonetheless every time a harmless garter snake startles me in the yard there are many expletives and running away.

Maybe I should practice some Disney- friendly exclamations for if I ever encounter a WDW snake. 🤔

Loco_driver

Original Poster
When I am able to logical about it I am pro snake but I don’t tend to handle surprise snakes well. My gut reaction is that every snake must be the most dangerous in the world and I need to flee.

I’m lucky enough to only have one venomous species where I live (but have never encountered in the wild) but nonetheless every time a harmless garter snake startles me in the yard there are many expletives and running away.

Maybe I should practice some Disney- friendly exclamations for if I ever encounter a WDW snake. 🤔
I totally feel the same way! I’m not sure what words were said when I found the snake. Hopefully nothing too bad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom