Trip Report Two goofs and an orange bird conquer the world.

Hello all!

I’ve finally found a little time to patch together a trip report from our trip in mid June. It was just the wife(A), and I(Dave)on this trip. We started out at Yacht Club, then went down the road to that other place in Orlando for a few days, before finishing up with a stay at the poly. Along the way we laughed, we cried, we survived many storms, and endured some brutal heat! Let the shenanigans begin!

Sunday June 16

We took two days to drive down from Texas, arriving on the 16th. I won’t bore you with the details of our long, mostly boring trip.

81BD0B76-F32E-4F78-A332-CCAE0FDBFBD9.jpeg

We made it on property by mid morning. Our room wasn’t ready, so we headed into Epcot in search of something to eat. We had an early lunch at Les Halles. I had the jambon beurre, and A had a B.L.T. We were super hungry from our morning drive, and didn’t take any pictures. My sandwich was fine, A really liked hers.
9447BAAA-4F55-45DB-898B-325EA9D82E5D.jpeg

We split this thing for dessert. It was delicious!

After lunch we strolled around a very empty world showcase just taking in the sights and sounds of each pavilion. We also came across a few PP photographers along the way

E1274C7C-268F-487B-9162-5957D358B46F.jpeg

2EC3CB32-2CC8-4F44-A996-B898FE3F439F.jpeg

49ACC055-F03A-4E90-9CF0-53FF07EDA8EC.jpeg

41C0D993-2B00-4DFD-A9F7-6FFCB7F82101.jpeg

4E5475AD-AA0B-40FE-8488-0A3522C716F1.jpeg

Notice the increasing amount of sweat on my shirt as we progressed. It was only around 11:45 and it was already sweltering! Also you may notice A is wearing an orange bird backpack in a few photos. The orange bird will be making several appearances later in the report. Some friends of ours bought it for her as a thank you for coming down to photograph their engagement in March, because it was so inconvenient for us to come to Disney! 🤣. Anyways we sent our friends pictures of orange bird doing various activities with us throughout the trip, which will be appearing here later

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I'm so sorry.
Oh man. That is rough. So sorry A!
Sorry to hear about A’s father - as you said, at least he is no longer suffering, but that doesn’t really make it easier 😕
I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of A's father. Sending my condolences and hugs.
So sorry for your families loss.
Sorry to hear about A's dad, hope he has many happy memories of him
Sending my condolences to the both of you. Sorry for your loss.
My most heartfelt sympathies for your loss. 😔
My sympathies to you both.
So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.
Our thoughts and condolences. Never easy. So sorry for your loss :(
Great TR!! I really enjoyed it & I hope you'll do one for your next trip!!

Sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers. I lost my mom earlier this year to cancer also. It is a relief that the suffering is over for them but it is not easy adjusting to life without them. Hang in there.
So very sorry for your loss. Cancer is horrible. Just read your report in one sitting. You and A are very cute together. Really enjoyed reading about your trip.
So sorry about A's dad 😢 Losing parents is a reality most of us will face, and it truly sucks, especially at such a young age (mine was 55)

Thank you all so much for the kind words, and for following along. More real life updates and reports will be coming soon!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
So how about a little happy news for this thread. A and I were discussing our Disney blues just the other day, and wishing we could find time to get back. She had been mentioning the last weekend of October had availability at pop century with AP rates still available. As luck would have it, that weekend was free for me to take off at work, and we had unused airline tickets from a trip to California that we didn’t get to take. So we are headed back to the world October 26-29! Woohoo!

59A40387-4ACD-4295-A753-9EA00693211A.jpeg

This fella will also be making the trip. A birthday gift for A after many not so subtle hints!

Minnesota disney fan

I just finished your report, and it's past time to make supper:) Good thing my husband is napping and has no idea it's late:)
I am so sorry to hear about A's father too. I hope this unexpected trip gave her some good times for a while.
I just wanted to say I really enjoy your wife's great smile. She is happy and smiling in all the photos. I grin the whole time we are at WDW, too, and just wander around with a smile on my face. So glad to see a kindred spirit:) I don't understand the mad, blank looks of some people while at Disney? Also, I think your "scary face" looks like a deer caught in the headlights, in a good way LOL!
thanks fo rthe fun report!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
I just finished your report, and it's past time to make supper:) Good thing my husband is napping and has no idea it's late:)
I am so sorry to hear about A's father too. I hope this unexpected trip gave her some good times for a while.
I just wanted to say I really enjoy your wife's great smile. She is happy and smiling in all the photos. I grin the whole time we are at WDW, too, and just wander around with a smile on my face. So glad to see a kindred spirit:) I don't understand the mad, blank looks of some people while at Disney? Also, I think your "scary face" looks like a deer caught in the headlights, in a good way LOL!
thanks fo rthe fun report!
Thank you for your kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed the report! I also agree it’s hard not to walk around Disney without a huge grin on my face!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom