Trip Report Two broke guys & a dog (for the last time.) (completed)

No, I’m not mad at Disney. We’ll be back (in fact, it can’t be soon enough.) But this turned out to be our last trip together as a family.

Who: Brian (R) Tony (L) and Kylie.
IMG_2010.jpeg

When: May, 2023.

Can’t tease this, so I’ll just come out with it.

We’ve posted TRs over the years under the “Two broke guys & a dog” banner (and other titles.) Our May trip was short, and we had already booked August for my birthday (complete with a planned meet up with @Tuvalu) so I thought I’d make one double TR after August.

I ended up with Covid mid-month and we had to postpone to December for Brian’s birthday.

In the meantime, Kylie, our 14 year old German Shepherd/Chow Chow was diagnosed with heart failure. That “heads up” turned out to be a gift and a blessing that allowed us to spend so much extra quality time with her.

Kylie’s 14th bday on Halloween:
IMG_1696.jpeg
She stayed with us through the holidays, rubbing on the Christmas tree when she walked past it, per usual (like a cat lol) and was really doing well - eating, going for walks, snuggling. I expected more of a slow, gradual decline…but she passed yesterday. Now my heart is failing.

I don’t know how far I’ll get with this today. It might actually be too soon. But I thought it could be therapeutic, and a nice tribute.

For some reason, since my 30s, if I cry even a little, my eyelids swell up and it’s hard to undo. Ice helps only temporarily. I fear typing all this out will continue the waterworks (it already has) and prolong that condition. OTOH, they’re already swollen, so WTH? I’ll play it by ear, if that’s ok.

This is my love letter to my pup.
IMG_2361.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
The pizza was good.

IMG_3758.jpeg

The wontons were very yummy!

IMG_3759.jpeg

One nice bourbon, neat.

IMG_3760.jpeg
IMG_3762.jpeg

And you may order any dessert from the main menu, but why would you order anything other than the banana one?

IMG_3756.jpeg
IMG_3761.jpeg

Much like lunch, and even though I kind of cheaped out, this experience exceeded expectations. I preferred it to our few times at a table there. What a great day - even with no parks! I was so glad I stayed the “extra day.”

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
It took me a minute to find the Tragical pick up spot, but it was pretty easy. The bus was pretty late, though! To the point I was making phone calls and getting nervous. It was pretty late. Once on board:

IMG_3764.jpeg

Smooth.

Why do I suddenly have so much time to finish this TR?

Well, Record Store Day has passed, for one…

And…

We’re on our first Brightline to WDW for a quickie visit right now!

IMG_4348.jpeg
IMG_4349.jpeg

Some ho be sleeping.

Maybe it was the Don Julio shots at the train station at 10am.

IMG_4347.jpeg

They named the bar for us.

IMG_4346.jpeg

We’re on our way!!!

93boomer

Premium Member
It took me a minute to find the Tragical pick up spot, but it was pretty easy. The bus was pretty late, though! To the point I was making phone calls and getting nervous. It was pretty late. Once on board:

View attachment 783869

Smooth.

Why do I suddenly have so much time to finish this TR?

Well, Record Store Day has passed, for one…

And…

We’re on our first Brightline to WDW for a quickie visit right now!

View attachment 783871View attachment 783872

Some ho be sleeping.

Maybe it was the Don Julio shots at the train station at 10am.

View attachment 783873

They named the bar for us.

View attachment 783874

We’re on our way!!!
Have an awesome time!😊

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Train arrived on time. Got into a Lyft in 15 minutes. Arrived in 25 minutes. We’re in Calypso! It’s a beautiful day! Figuring out our next move.

Booked Topolino’s for 9:30 tonight! And I did not bring one collared shirt. Oops.

IMG_4356.jpeg
IMG_4355.jpeg

P.S. my magic band is charging in the kitchen - so they gave me an old school key card/park ticket. 😆

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
I mean, I guess that’s possible!

To keep it simple, we just went to the main building and had a couple of pulled pork sandwiches.

IMG_4357.jpeg

I was surprised Brian ordered one. It’s usually just me. They were decent, not fatty. Could have used a little more sauce/flavoring. But this was a good call, we hadn’t eaten all day.

Time to make the trek to HS!

Wait - am I trippin?

Am I live trippin?

93boomer

Premium Member
I mean, I guess that’s possible!

To keep it simple, we just went to the main building and had a couple of pulled pork sandwiches.

View attachment 783901

I was surprised Brian ordered one. It’s usually just me. They were decent, not fatty. Could have used a little more sauce/flavoring. But this was a good call, we hadn’t eaten all day.

Time to make the trek to HS!

Wait - am I trippin?

Am I live trippin?
Clash Royale Yes GIF by Clash
Live trippin’!!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
IMG_4358.jpeg

Silly.

We walked out to a deserted bus area. Thought we might be waiting awhile. Two buses came, and both were for Typhoon Lagoon/DS. The third one was for Hollywood Studios! Total wait time: under 3 minutes. 💕

Will we do anything at HS other than drink?

Stay Tuned-In to find out. (I have no idea!) 🤣

93boomer

Premium Member
View attachment 783903

Silly.

We walked out to a deserted bus area. Thought we might be waiting awhile. Two buses came, and both were for Typhoon Lagoon/DS. The third one was for Hollywood Studios! Total wait time: under 3 minutes. 💕

Will we do anything at HS other than drink?

Stay Tuned-In to find out. (I have no idea!) 🤣
Yayyyy for the live trippin!!! And the drinks. 🤣

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Ok we didn’t take many pics, but we had the usual fantastic time with “Jules & Stools.” (That would be our favorite bartender, Julie, plus the reinstalled stools at the Tune-In Lounge.)

Bizarrely, we were next to another couple Brian remembered from before covid when we sat there buying each other shots. I know there is a trip report to prove this!

IMG_4362.jpeg
IMG_4367.jpeg
IMG_4369.jpeg

My outfit totally matches the bathroom! 😆😆 confession: I’m buzzed.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
We got in line at M&MRR because I wanted to, and that’s what usually happens. 😆

The posted wait time was 40 minutes. We got in line at 6:10. I’m guessing it will be a shorter wait. Let’s see!

I told Julie we had to ride at least one ride before leaving the park. I said we already rode the Julie ride, even though that doesn’t sound good! 🤣🤣🤣👏🏻

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Brian - I feel your pain. I too have a spouse that collects photos of me sleeping in moving vehicles (trains, planes, automobiles) 😄

Thanks for Live Trippin!
I read this to him. He didn’t know I’d posted the sleeping pic. 😆😆

We were a little hungry but didn’t want to ruin dinner. We stopped at ABC Commissary and split an order of pork carnitas tacos.
IMG_4370.jpeg

Hit the spot. Tastier than the sandwiches, probably because of the pickled onions. Good call.

IMG_4371.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom