Trip Report Two broke guys & a dog (for the last time.) (completed)

No, I’m not mad at Disney. We’ll be back (in fact, it can’t be soon enough.) But this turned out to be our last trip together as a family.

Who: Brian (R) Tony (L) and Kylie.
IMG_2010.jpeg

When: May, 2023.

Can’t tease this, so I’ll just come out with it.

We’ve posted TRs over the years under the “Two broke guys & a dog” banner (and other titles.) Our May trip was short, and we had already booked August for my birthday (complete with a planned meet up with @Tuvalu) so I thought I’d make one double TR after August.

I ended up with Covid mid-month and we had to postpone to December for Brian’s birthday.

In the meantime, Kylie, our 14 year old German Shepherd/Chow Chow was diagnosed with heart failure. That “heads up” turned out to be a gift and a blessing that allowed us to spend so much extra quality time with her.

Kylie’s 14th bday on Halloween:
IMG_1696.jpeg
She stayed with us through the holidays, rubbing on the Christmas tree when she walked past it, per usual (like a cat lol) and was really doing well - eating, going for walks, snuggling. I expected more of a slow, gradual decline…but she passed yesterday. Now my heart is failing.

I don’t know how far I’ll get with this today. It might actually be too soon. But I thought it could be therapeutic, and a nice tribute.

For some reason, since my 30s, if I cry even a little, my eyelids swell up and it’s hard to undo. Ice helps only temporarily. I fear typing all this out will continue the waterworks (it already has) and prolong that condition. OTOH, they’re already swollen, so WTH? I’ll play it by ear, if that’s ok.

This is my love letter to my pup.
IMG_2361.jpeg

dizfan917

It is amazing to me to see folks who drink ALL around the Whole Disney World...

Kevin and I might have a glass of wine with dinner (at Jiko, it's the Cederburg Bukkatraube - YUM!), and maybe another something boozy and sweet somewhere else, and I'll MAYBE have a Schofferhofer in Germany (a small one), but that is our whole alcohol budget for eight days!

When I went with my brother on a Solo Bro Trip (no kids or partners) he remarked that he never ATE so much in one week and I replied that I'd never DRANK so much in a week! It's nice that everyone can do their thing and have the vacation they desire.

I must be saving so much $$$!! :D 🍰 How is it still so expensive?!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
It is amazing to me to see folks who drink ALL around the Whole Disney World...

Kevin and I might have a glass of wine with dinner (at Jiko, it's the Cederburg Bukkatraube - YUM!), and maybe another something boozy and sweet somewhere else, and I'll MAYBE have a Schofferhofer in Germany (a small one), but that is our whole alcohol budget for eight days!

When I went with my brother on a Solo Bro Trip (no kids or partners) he remarked that he never ATE so much in one week and I replied that I'd never DRANK so much in a week! It's nice that everyone can do their thing and have the vacation they desire.

I must be saving so much $$$!! :D 🍰 How is it still so expensive?!
Ah, that’s where the Visa points come in handy for us!

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Had fun catching up on your live trippin. Have a good trip to Nashville!
@Tony the Tigger , I got many chuckles out of your live trippin' vacation! :joyfull: (Just got caught up with it all this morning -- I was away for 3 days last week, so I was not following "live".)

Have fun in Nashville! :)

Thank you!

JW Marriott downtown Nashville.

IMG_4694.jpeg
IMG_4697.jpeg

The shower door doesn’t move, so that’s weird. It’s always open.

So far lots of meetings, using the gym, and falling asleep early. There was a fun welcome party last night.

Today, every meeting is an hour: Elektra Records, Warner, Universal (they actually distribute all the Disney titles) and others. There’s a brunch at 11, etc. I’m about to be late for the 8 AM meeting, so I might skip it. 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom