Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Summer Nightastic drop profile details - SPOILERS

Tom

Beta Return
Also, as long as this thread is bumped, I rode again this weekend, and the audio was really quiet and scratchy in some spots, and just overall really bad sounding. What is going on with the audio and why are they not doing anything to fix it??

Perhaps they're intentionally trying to make it sound 1930-ish. I would understand the scratchy sound in the music they play in the drop shaft now, since it's "being played from a record", but the rest should be clear.

Which audio was bad?

thelookingglass

Well, the pre-show was hard to hear, and people weren't talking that loud. I was near the back of the room, so maybe thats why, but it shouldn't be hard for anyone to hear. In every lift I rode, it was hard to hear Rod Serling talking and/or some of the sound effects and music over people's hushed conversations, and the speakers were making crackling noises. On one side, the ending audio was "wavy", as if someone was turning a volume up and down rapidly. This is also how the piano music sounds. It doesn't sound intentional at all. It definitely sounds like malfunctioning equipment or a programming error, not as if a phonograph is playing it.

the-reason14

huh? they covered up half of the ride with a black cloth with little lights.

Ok and? They added a camera to take your picture to show you "disappear" before the drop as well as a few other things. It's a give and take, and it really isn't that serious. Also, the biggest and best thing is, it is temporary. Even if this current change was the new ToT 5, I don't see a problem with it. But remember that it is temporary.

the-reason14

Agreed. The 5th Dimension scene is supposed to appear as though you are moving up an elevator shaft, as if you are on your back. While you are moving up, it "vanishes" and becomes "Twilight Zone-y" and spacey and stuff.

The scene was never really effective, and was showing its' age, but it was better. You had so many things going on to look at - the floating props, the ghost figures, the lights fading out, the starfield doors, and electricity zapping around on the walls around the elevator. Now there is really only one thing to look at - a picture of yourself. Why are so many people entertained by seeing a picture of themselves while on a ride?

Also, as long as this thread is bumped, I rode again this weekend, and the audio was really quiet and scratchy in some spots, and just overall really bad sounding. What is going on with the audio and why are they not doing anything to fix it??

Probably because it's something new and "fresh" and most definitely different. Another question could be, why are so many people upset with a temporary change? I don't think it's significant enough to warrant the complaints it's received, but I've read worse so I guess it's normal.

thelookingglass

Its not just this, though. Spaceship Earth does the same thing, and for some reason the average guest spazzes out when seeing a picture of themselves taken on the ride. Its like showing a parakeet a mirror. Lets have the guests laugh at their own picture! Who cares if its totally out of context with the ride as long as they laugh at it?

Being in favor of them dumbing down rides like this is why we end up with things like the SSE descent (we already know you like it, so don't bother defending it here), WDI knows they don't even have to try anymore.

Also, you haven't ridden it like this, so you haven't seen just how temporary it looks. Temporary is fine, but our fear is knowing what "temporary" means to TDO.

parkgoer

Probably because it's something new and "fresh" and most definitely different. Another question could be, why are so many people upset with a temporary change? I don't think it's significant enough to warrant the complaints it's received, but I've read worse so I guess it's normal.

What if ToT is your favorite ride and you haven't been in 5 years? I'm sure those people would be quite disappointed.

I have the luxary of going whenever I please. I realize that this is "temporary." WDW has a track record of leaving things that were originally supposed to be temporary too long. I'm slightly worried TDO will let this change stay past the summer. Don't let them think they can get away with it.

I agree with what someone said about the picture. When I first saw it i thought to myself, "??" IMO it's lame.

parkgoer

Its not just this, though. Spaceship Earth does the same thing, and for some reason the average guest spazzes out when seeing a picture of themselves taken on the ride. Its like showing a parakeet a mirror. Lets have the guests laugh at their own picture! Who cares if its totally out of context with the ride as long as they laugh at it?

Being in favor of them dumbing down rides like this is why we end up with things like the SSE descent (we already know you like it, so don't bother defending it here), WDI knows they don't even have to try anymore.

Also, you haven't ridden it like this, so you haven't seen just how temporary it looks. Temporary is fine, but our fear is knowing what "temporary" means to TDO.

well said. I can see the next SSE refurb being nothing but black curtains, screens, and pictures. When that happens they'll probably need to incorporate FP for the attraction.

Biff215

Ok and? They added a camera to take your picture to show you "disappear" before the drop as well as a few other things. It's a give and take, and it really isn't that serious. Also, the biggest and best thing is, it is temporary. Even if this current change was the new ToT 5, I don't see a problem with it. But remember that it is temporary.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was repackaged at the end of the summer as "Tot 5". This was a great opportunity for them to try something new during the summer promotion and see how it works. Hopefully they will play with the 5th dimension while it's covered with the star curtains. Who knows, maybe that's what they've been doing back there all along?

As small an investment as it might have been, I'll be very surprised if Tower goes back to "normal" in August/September. I'm not saying I'll be too upset either way, but I do hope they continue to tweak it.

Rob562

Not that there's a high probability that this is happening, but wouldn't it be cool if they're using the "Summer Nightastic" overlay as a cover while they do a refurb/upgrade to the existing 5th Dimension scenes? Then in the fall, TADA! It's a win-win: Something new and different to look at during the secret refurb, and new permanent effects at the end of the summer...

-Rob

the-reason14

I'm sorry but, who are you? How do you know I like the current sse, or that I haven't been on TOT yet? I rode ToT yesterday and couldn't see where all the whining was coming from especially over a seasonal change. They can easily remove that curtain just as easily as it was placed up.

And as far as sse is concerned, I prefer the previous version. But what's there now is not as bad as most people make it out to be. You seem to simplify it enough and not think about the tech used to show the pictures. If I'm contributing to the "dumbing down" of rides like sse, I'm sure you do too by riding it. Whining about it on a message board isn't gonna change much. And aren't you the same poster that has a huge issue with fastpass? If so, then I'm probably wasting my time responding.

thelookingglass

I believe you posted your thoughts on SSE in this very thread. Who cares about the tech behind showing your face? The result is still a tacky, out of context flash cartoon that you can do in the post-show anyway. It has no business being on the ride, let alone being the finale of the ride.

And I love how I pointed out blatant flaws in the Fastpass system, but obviously this equates to me being a moron because people like you are unwilling to admit flaws in Disney's designs and logic. I would also like to point out that many posters agreed with me about Fastpass and provided excellent examples as to why it is flawed.

[/thread derail]

the-reason14

I believe you posted your thoughts on SSE in this very thread. Who cares about the tech behind showing your face? The result is still a tacky, out of context flash cartoon that you can do in the post-show anyway. It has no business being on the ride, let alone being the finale of the ride.

And I love how I pointed out blatant flaws in the Fastpass system, but obviously this equates to me being a moron because people like you are unwilling to admit flaws in Disney's designs and logic. I would also like to point out that many posters agreed with me about Fastpass and provided excellent examples as to why it is flawed.

[/thread derail]

And I believe I agreed with the fact that fastpass is flawed, but not enough to say it should be removed. It doesn't take a degree in science to figure out how to utilize it properly.

And what exactly did the screens in sse replace? oh ya that's right, 2d sets with statues that didn't move. Horrible loss.

thelookingglass

And I believe I agreed with the fact that fastpass is flawed, but not enough to say it should be removed. It doesn't take a degree in science to figure out how to utilize it properly.

And what exactly did the screens in sse replace? oh ya that's right, 2d sets with statues that didn't move. Horrible loss.
nobody said it was hard to figure out how to use fastpass, either. That notion was simply what you and others threw out to defend your stance on fastpass against ours.

what did the touch screens replace? an epic, touching musical score, a touching narrative conclusion with a message of hope for the future. a summary of the purpose of Future World and why it exists in the first place.

Now all that is replaced with DUR HUR LOOK AT MY FACE ON THIS SILLY CARTOON LOL, if you can't grasp why people are upset about this, then you don't understand the things that made Disney great in the first place.

Biff215

This version of Tower and the SSE refurb have nothing in common. One is apparently (hopefully) temporary and the other is (seemingly) finished.

So what is going on with the audio on Tower? It's been off and on since they supposedly upgraded it.

parkgoer

regardless, the fact is they covered a major show scene with a black cloth.. they didn't even do a good job either.

I'm not gonna "whine" yet, but we'll see in September what they mean by "temporary"

the-reason14

Sometimes it amazes how some of you can enjoy WDW at all with all the negativity you see in it. I can just imagine some of you there, "Oh this place is falling apart, it's not as good as it used to be, it's so stale." etc. I can't figure out why some of you would continue to go? Oh well, it's your money your wasting that also helps fund the "staleness" and "dumbing down." So have fun doing that. :D

nobody said it was hard to figure out how to use fastpass, either. That notion was simply what you and others threw out to defend your stance on fastpass against ours.

what did the touch screens replace? an epic, touching musical score, a touching narrative conclusion with a message of hope for the future. a summary of the purpose of Future World and why it exists in the first place.

Now all that is replaced with DUR HUR LOOK AT MY FACE ON THIS SILLY CARTOON LOL, if you can't grasp why people are upset about this, then you don't understand the things that made Disney great in the first place.
But aren't you one of the main ones suggesting they should get rid of fastpass altogether? Yea, makes perfect sense :rolleyes:. The old sse was definitely more inspirational and uplifting than whats there now, but the technology they use is what made Epcot special in the first place. You can simplify pretty much every WDW ride/experience to where it's nothing more than a coaster with music, a swing in front of a big screen, etc. If you're really discontent with sse, fp, your best bet is to go to guest relations each trip to complain, or write disney countless letters and or stop wasting money helping them fund these refurbs. Otherwise it's counterproductive, but it's your money. :cool:

Now if you would excuse me, I have a few fastpasses from earlier today that I'm going to use tonight after I get through laughing and cheering seeing myself on sse and riding the non temporary summer version of ToT with a fastpass from yesterday. :D

Tom Morrow

Sometimes it amazes how some of you can enjoy WDW at all with all the negativity you see in it. I can just imagine some of you there, "Oh this place is falling apart, it's not as good as it used to be, it's so stale." etc. I can't figure out why some of you would continue to go?
Why is it that whenever somebody on this forum has a disagreement with something other people complain about, this is their response? Its pretty much a cop-out argument. "Oh, well you disagree with me? You must not enjoy WDW as much as me then!"

It is, in fact,t possible to enjoy your time at WDW despite having some gripes about how things are run.

This is, after all, a Walt Disney World discussion forum, not "praise every single thing about Disney.

Now if you would excuse me, I have a few fastpasses from earlier today that I'm going to use tonight after I get through laughing and cheering seeing myself on sse and riding the non temporary summer version of ToT with a fastpass from yesterday. :D
Well actually, a Fastpass from yesterday would not be valid. Sometimes you may slip by the CMs, but *that* is breaking the rules.

the-reason14

Why is it that whenever somebody on this forum has a disagreement with something other people complain about, this is their response? Its pretty much a cop-out argument. "Oh, well you disagree with me? You must not enjoy WDW as much as me then!"

It is, in fact,t possible to enjoy your time at WDW despite having some gripes about how things are run.

This is, after all, a Walt Disney World discussion forum, not "praise every single thing about Disney.

Well actually, a Fastpass from yesterday would not be valid. Sometimes you may slip by the CMs, but *that* is breaking the rules.

You honestly couldn't tell with the way some people complain. I don't praise everything Disney does, but I also don't whine about trivial things. I understand everyone is different and what may seem trivial to me may be big to someone else, but if everything that Disney does seems bad and i continue to go and help them fund the "bad", then I'm being counterproductive. I have fun when I go, so thats all that matters to me.

And I realize this is a "discussion" forum, but on most days you could change the name to "complain" forum. And yes using day old fastpasses are against the rules, but that's what guest relations is for. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom