TWDC Earnings

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Dodged the question about MM+ revenue increase again. Also dodged the question on how much more needs to be spent on the project. Said that the per cap spending increase not necessarily connected to MM+.

fillerup

Original Poster
Remember Rasulo said on the last call that he foresaw around 300M in "new initiative" expenses for 2014 and "more or less the same" in new revenues.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
And they could have added, "Of course, these 3000 guests were at the Magic Kingdom because there's nothing much to do at the other three parks except get drunk when visiting Epcot. Hey, look, SQUIRREL!!".
Or that MK was the last park to get a major expansion? :rolleyes:

asianway

Ok, while I was listening to the white noise...found this:

Editor's Note: The USALI is the standard for hotel accounting. Hotel owners, operators, accountants, consultants, analysts, educators, attorneys, lenders, and investors all rely on it as the “common language” for hotel financial statements and statistics. This article that discusses recent guideline changes has been added to the franchise encyclopedia as a resource for lodging owners and staff.
Major Changes of 10th Edition

Available Rooms is defined as all rooms in the hotel that are used for guest overnight occupancy. The count of available rooms will not be reduced unless a room is out of order for a minimum of six consecutive months due to a non-discretionary event (i.e. fire, hurricane, etc…), or an entire rooms department is completely closed for a minimum of 30 days.

Doesnt sound consistent with closing down whole floors and removing them from the books to inflate occupancy rates. Does it @WDW1974 ?

Last edited:

asianway

Ok kids - who's going?

Q: Where and when will the 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders be held?
A: The Board of Directors of The Walt Disney Company has set the date and location of the Company's 2014 annual meeting of shareholders. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 18, 2014, at 10 a.m. at The Keller Auditorium at The Portland Center for the Performing Arts in Portland, Oregon.
The Keller Auditorium
The Portland Center for the Performing Arts
222 Southwest Clay Street
Portland, Oregon 97201

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ok, while I was listening to the white noise...found this:

Editor's Note: The USALI is the standard for hotel accounting. Hotel owners, operators, accountants, consultants, analysts, educators, attorneys, lenders, and investors all rely on it as the “common language” for hotel financial statements and statistics. This article that discusses recent guideline changes has been added to the franchise encyclopedia as a resource for lodging owners and staff.
Major Changes of 10th Edition

Available Rooms is defined as all rooms in the hotel that are used for guest overnight occupancy. The count of available rooms will not be reduced unless a room is out of order for a minimum of six consecutive months due to a non-discretionary event (i.e. fire, hurricane, etc…), or an entire rooms department is completely closed for a minimum of 30 days.

Doesnt sound consistent with closing down whole floors and removing them from the books to inflate occupancy rates. Does it @WDW1974 ?

check the 'rooms department' clause all you need is to close the floor for 30 days, look at the parking lots over the holidays - half empty at most of the deluxes and the stories of empty buses to/from deluxes those tell the tale better

asianway

check the 'rooms department' clause all you need is to close the floor for 30 days, look at the parking lots over the holidays - half empty at most of the deluxes and the stories of empty buses to/from deluxes those tell the tale better
Sounds shaky to me. I would take that to mean something akin to closing, say, the south garden wing at the Contemporary.

ParentsOf4

MM+ increased MK guest capacity by 3000 @ParentsOf4
"Were able to accommodate 3000 more guests in MK per day due to MyMagic Plus. "
I missed the call but will try to listen to it later.

If my math is right, MM+ did increase MK daily FP capacity by about 9,000. Assuming 3 FP+ per person, that's Iger's 3,000.

MM+ did not increase MK daily ride capacity at all.

Iger is not lying; it's just how he views the product. Each FP is a "unit" and FP+ has the equivalent of about 9,000 more units per day to sell.

Again, Iger is not making this up or playing word games. He's just revealing how he thinks of FP+.

Actually, he's revealing how the data was presented to him. He's also revealing he has no clue how to interpret theme park data.

Senior management is seriously PO'ed about MM+ budget overruns, schedule delays, and quality issues. There are a lot of extremely well-compensated executives looking to not get crushed professionally by the MM+ train wreck. They simply presented a bullet point "Magic Kingdom daily capacity up by 3,000" to save their jobs and Iger had no idea how to question what the number meant.

In Iger's mind, MK's capacity is up.

Is it any wonder WDW is such a mess?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom