TWDC 2QFY16 Earnings Call Thread

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
according to Bob, it seems like it is their strategy to moderate attendance moving forward...so I assume a drop isn't a surprise...

Brilliant. So let's just increase cost to control crowds and cut out the middle class rather than building more things, lands, parks, etc to bring in more people.

It's simply stunning how genius that is. *facepalm*. When is he gone again?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Brilliant. So let's just increase cost to control crowds and cut out the middle class rather than building more things, lands, parks, etc to bring in more people.

I assume they want to moderate attendance until the new lands open up (and most likely moving forward)...seems to be their strategy...

that, or I am looking too much into what he said...haha

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

Would really like to know where you get this attitude that the "middle class" could always afford to go. My parents were firmly in the middle class when i was growing up in the 60's and early 70's, and we could never afford to go either to DL or WDW.

I think it's simply stunning that you think this way.

jt04

Stocks already recovering after hours from the knee-jerk reaction. Disney is in better shape than other media companies. All is well.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Talkin Disney infinity's shutdown.....

we thought we had a really good opportunity to launch into console space..... we did quite well with first iteration but that business is a changing business and did not have enough confidence in the business being stable enough to be in the self publishing business.... a good part of the write off we just did was the inventory

we fgeel it is the changing space and better off managing the risk by licensing than publishing. we made a good product, it was extremely well recieved.... risk caught up with us

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Last Question on Park margins.... 15.9% Q2

My magic plus question & margins!!!!!

Christine: MM+ incorporated in how parks manage the business. Look at strength of domestic biz. Margins even better domestically. (She dodged the damn question IMO)

Bob: Shocked that no questions on studio. Bob pimping the studios. Studio Operating Income over $1.5B in 2 quarters....

SirLink

Talkin Disney infinity's shutdown.....

we thought we had a really good opportunity to launch into console space..... we did quite well with first iteration but that business is a changing business and did not have enough confidence in the business being stable enough to be in the self publishing business.... a good part of the write off we just did was the inventory

we fgeel it is the changing space and better off managing the risk by licensing than publishing. we made a good product, it was extremely well recieved.... risk caught up with us

I feel I mentioned this in a Sprited Thread in like January 2014 just after that thing launched and how internally the people were making it wanted to do something cool and then Skipper John wandered in and everything went bad. Sound familiar.

If you can't control the creatives and if your lord and master is the almighty investment banker any entertainment company will drip in mediocrity and wither on the creative vine.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Would really like to know where you get this attitude that the "middle class" could always afford to go. My parents were firmly in the middle class when i was growing up in the 60's and early 70's, and we could never afford to go either to DL or WDW.

I think it's simply stunning that you think this way.

Depends on your view of middle class of course. No "attitude" about it. lol

Some might say these are the ones that save up for a few years to take their family once or twice in a lifetime.

I own dvc and go often but I don't consider myself rich or above middle class by any means. Just all depends on your view I guess

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom