Tutto Italia in Epcot's Italy Pavilion to get new wine bar during major refurbishment

Just another place to sell liqour asnd increase the number of inebriated patrons amongst the children and families. Too bad the world showcase has turned into this.

Magical.Animal

This is fabulous news! I was sad when i learned it would be closed for my upcoming trip, as I've had 2 AMAZING meals and couldn't wait for a third... Since it sounds like its getting some major plusses, I'll be a little less sad in a few weeks when I walk on by, on my way to Via Napoli, knowing when I do finally return (not anytime soon, sadly) it will be even better! :)

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Sounds interesting. I like the sound of an Italian wine bar. I haven't set foot in Tutto Italia since it switched to that from Alfredo's. Was the interior kept exactly the same and they just changed the name and menu?

nepalostparks

Call me crazy, but didn't Tutto go through a major refurbishment not too long ago?

Hey crazy,

When Alfredo's changed over to Tutto, there was supposed to be a significant refurb done several months after that point. If memory serves me, there was even an announcement of some sort.

But alas, it didn't get its refurb then. Better late than never I suppose!

nepalostparks

Sounds interesting. I like the sound of an Italian wine bar. I haven't set foot in Tutto Italia since it switched to that from Alfredo's. Was the interior kept exactly the same and they just changed the name and menu?

I wanna say they moved some tables around. :lookaroun

But you're right, not a whole lot changed when they converted.

aladdin2007

I'll miss the paintings on the walls and the grand chandeliers and opulent Italian ambience, but we will see how it turns out. The manager said it would be reopening in May.

ADP2

You're crazy! ;)

It has been talked about for a long time, but is now just getting done.

Hey crazy,

When Alfredo's changed over to Tutto, there was supposed to be a significant refurb done several months after that point. If memory serves me, there was even an announcement of some sort.

But alas, it didn't get its refurb then. Better late than never I suppose!
Ah! Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was closed for a while, but apprently not.

mickey2008.1

About time this place gets updated. It's a bit worn, and the menu is not all that great and neither is the food. I don't get what is so hard to make good Italian food. Use prosciutto, good olive oil, percorino and romano cheese, san marzon tomatoes, fresh made pasta, really show the traditional food of Italy in regions. Not just Americanized parmesan crap. The only thing we ever like about this place was eating the antipasta plate on the patio, that was the only dish that somewhat highlighted true Italy.

bullsforthewin

About time this place gets updated. It's a bit worn, and the menu is not all that great and neither is the food. I don't get what is so hard to make good Italian food. Use prosciutto, good olive oil, percorino and romano cheese, san marzon tomatoes, fresh made pasta, really show the traditional food of Italy in regions. Not just Americanized parmesan crap. The only thing we ever like about this place was eating the antipasta plate on the patio, that was the only dish that somewhat highlighted true Italy.

Lol i just find it funny that you talk about it wanting to be like an authentic Italian place yet you name ingredients that fake Italian restaurants use...Sorry but if you do not live in Chicago or New York you will never know real Italian outside of Italy....and even that is diverse since the four regions have different styles and yes parmesano regiano is more authentic than percorino and romano cheeses...

zweltar

My wife was so excited about this when I told her about it. I have a feeling we'll spend a bit of time (and $$) here this summer.:cool:

NoChesterHester

Most American's really believe Italian food is pasta with some pizza and chicken parm thrown in. Unfortunately, most cattle book a reservation at Tutto Italia because they are comfortable with Italian cuisine, or the Olive Garden version of it.

I'm with you... lets see a regional Italian Restaurant. Via Napoli focuses on the southwest region and Amalfi Coast... perhaps a reimagined Tutto could look at the Veneto... perhaps even serve horse on the menu. Can you imagine the outrage?

Timekeeper

... I'm with you... lets see a regional Italian Restaurant. Via Napoli focuses on the southwest region and Amalfi Coast... perhaps a reimagined Tutto could look at the Veneto... perhaps even serve horse on the menu. Can you imagine the outrage?

25SameOldDisneyHorse.png

raven

also, I think we all know "major restaurant refurbishment" is code for "future restaurant price increases". But, I am looking forward to the changes.

The restrooms are being relocated to the rear of the restaurant to make room for Gusto. The entrance to Tutto Italia will be moved several feet to the north and yes, there will be an entrance to both from the outside as well as a doorway conncting them. Gusto will be similar to a wine cellar and Tutto Italia is getting some very colorful and funky chandeliers. :wave:

All of the work, save for the new entances, will mostly be on the inside of the building.

COProgressFan

The restrooms are being relocated to the rear of the restaurant to make room for Gusto. The entrance to Tutto Italia will be moved several feet to the north and yes, there will be an entrance to both from the outside as well as a doorway conncting them. Gusto will be similar to a wine cellar and Tutto Italia is getting some very colorful and funky chandeliers. :wave:

All of the work, save for the new entances, will mostly be on the inside of the building.

Hopefully the bathrooms will be expanded as well when they are relocated-- they were definitely undersized for the location.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Glad to hear they are doing this. Was not really impressed with Tutto when they opened after Alfredo's.

Actually, when we went there, we took a friend that is fairly good with wine selections. We had gone through 3 selections before we just stopped and settled for a wine. And it wasn't that good.

Hard top imagine not being able to find a decent wine, but thats what happened. Never had the issue at Alfredo's. I hope the new changes in the menu are for the better as we've been avoiding it since that meal.

I got my fingers crossed. :D

hpyhnt 1000

Sounds good! Look forward to seeing the final result. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom